• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Egg Move Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Edit:
*** Version 1.34 ***
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.34.zip
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.34.rar

-----

I haven't seen a tool that edits egg moves yet, so I decided to make my own. Please try it out and tell me how it works for you.

Since it seems that some people don't realize what this program does, i'll quote what I said in a post further down the page:
The purpose of the program is to edit the egg moves of pokemon. Egg moves are the moves that a pokemon will learn when it hatches from a egg if its father knew the move (excluding those of TMs).

Each line in the listbox that the program shows after you load a rom is an entry in the list of egg moves of that rom. All the moves below a name in the list until the next name are egg moves of that pokemon. The names of moves are indented to the right, while those of pokemon are not.
And of course, please BACK UP YOUR ROM before using this program. I've tested it as much as I can to work out all the bugs, but as any programmer should know, this doesn't always stop one from sneaking in. If you do encounter an error, describe to me the steps you took exactly so I can reproduce the error and then fix it.

Right now it supports all english and french generation 3 games (FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald), and I'm willing to add support for other languages if the offsets of the Pokemon names, move names, and egg moves are provided to me. Contact me via PM or email for information on how to do so.

Last edited:

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
What versions does this work for?
Sorry, I forgot to include such information in the first post. (I've added it now.) It works for english language generation 3 games (FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald). If one of these versions doesn't work you, you or I may have a bad rom dump, or one with different offsets than normal anyways.

I have not understood is that very fact can be programmed
I don't understand what you're trying to say. (You can say it in French if you want.)

Last edited:

kaka1918

sorry im bad in english
Years
I don't understand what you're trying to say. (You can say it in French if you want.)
ok je veut vous dire que le programme que vous voulez faire fait quoi
quel est son but
ok I want to tell you that the program you want to do does what
what is its purpose

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
ok I want to tell you that the program you want to do does what
what is its purpose
The purpose of the program is to edit the egg moves of pokemon. Egg moves are the moves that a pokemon will learn when it hatches from a egg if its father knew the move (excluding those of TMs).

Each line in the listbox that the program shows after you load a rom is an entry in the list of egg moves of that rom. All the moves below a name in the list until the next name are egg moves of that pokemon. The names of moves are indented to the right, while those of pokemon are not.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I'll try this out real soon. It took me a minute to realize what this did but then it hit me. thanks for making this tool.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Thanks for this. This will come in handy.
I'll try this out real soon. It took me a minute to realize what this did but then it hit me. thanks for making this tool.
Thank you for the thanks. I decided to make it for a couple reasons really. 1) I couldn't find a tool that already did it. 2) It would be interesting to program. and 3) Egg move editing is an area that probably gets ignored by many people when making hacks due to it's elusive documentation (Seriously, the only source information I could find on them was from Teh Baro's post in the YAPE thread. Information like that should really be stored in the documents and tutorials section imho.) and lack of existing tools, though they would be especially important in a hack that uses fakemon. Making a tool to make editing the moves easier will encourage people to be more creative in the area.

I'm willing to make tools that edit other almost obscure things as well. The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is the Vs. Seeker Text. Sure, it's easy to edit with a hex editor, but repointing is never fun done manually. I'm surprised that A-Text doesn't edit it. Any other suggestions of areas that don't have tools yet?

Btw, I've found an error in the current version, I'll make an update fixing it tomorrow. Also, I'm planning/beginning to code the next version right now. It'll support French generation III roms and also have the option of the interface's text being in French. It'll also check to see if there's any duplicate entries in the egg move list, then alert the user so they can use those slots more wisely. Also, I'll try to see if it's possible to repoint the whole list. If it is, then one's list can be pretty much as long as they want. Of course, the program would repoint the list for you then.

Estimated time until completion: at least a week. It depends on how busy I am from day to day really.

Last edited:

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Since I got the French translations faster than I expected, I decided to forgoe the small update to fix the Modify and Insert buttons, and instead add everything else I was planning as well.

Version 1.1.0 : http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/EggMoveEditor-1.1.0.zip

Things changed in this version:
Version 1.1.0 - May 31st, 2009
-------------------------------
- Fixed an error with the modify button and the insert button.
- Added support for all French language generation III games.
- Added a language tab under the options menu to change the language of the interface. English and French interfaces are available.
- Let roms that don't end with .gba able to be opened.
- Egg move lists that are corrupt are now uncorrupted by the program automatically.
- Fixed "Number of Pokemon" and "Number of Moves" labels.
- Added a button that checks for duplicate entries, but it doesn't work properly yet so it's disabled for now.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
This is neat. Small, but probably useful in the long run. Good job, and thanks much. ^^

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
This will come in handy.... good job... err... man? Woman?
Uhh... heheh =D
(You don't have it posted, so I can't tell!)
Male, as is the character in my avatar.

very nice thanks for the tool
Thanks. I'll get around to getting an update that has a working duplicator finder soon.

This sounds quite cool :)
Your sig is creepy btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back