• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaggedMan

The Cheese Pokemon!
Years
How about walking through walls without a gameshark or ar. 1.) get all your pokemon poisoned (you may need a whole heck of a lot of potions for this trick) 2.) go to the Safari Zone and do the glitchcity glitch. 3.) but, there's a trick... walk 500 steps without your pokemon fainting (useing potions), your 500th step has to be off a ledge for this to work. 4.) you will then be transported back to the Safari Zone with your pokemon poisond, by now you can walk through everything in the building. 5.) if you go out to glitchcity or into the acually Safari Zone you can't walkthrough walls, so wait till your pokemon faint and you will be transported to a pokemon center. 6.) Now, walk through walls all over the Kanto region. YAY

Years
I remember when I was 5,I playing Gold with my brother.He was just fooling around in grass when a wild Pokemon came up.It was called ?????? and it was Lv0.He remembered meeting a Pokemon like it in Red.Then the game just froze.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Weird glitch on Pokemon Red... HELP

I saved in Cerulean Gym and left to take on Gary at the Nugget Bridge... when he approached me I hear all kinds of sounds like different Pokemon cries and other various sounds then when the battle started It said some glitch stuff then the game froze but still playing the random sounds

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Its not surprising though R/B/Y are full of glitches.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
None of you are actually attempting to help Freaky.

Alright. Are you playing Red on an actual cartridge, or on a ROM? In either case, have you tried simply resetting the game and trying again?

Xarses

Whippersnapper
Years
Dude, it's gone almost for sure. I've had the same experience with a past Red, except mine wouldn't even go past the opening scene where Prof. Oak is talking to you.

The reasons are unknown, probably just time progression. You can keep messing with it, or try replacing the internal battery, that may do something but it's unlikely. Remember, eBay is always an option.

Hope it turns out for the better mate.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
None of you are actually attempting to help Freaky.

Alright. Are you playing Red on an actual cartridge, or on a ROM? In either case, have you tried simply resetting the game and trying again?

Catridge on a Game Boy Advance SP

Dude, it's gone almost for sure. I've had the same experience with a past Red, except mine wouldn't even go past the opening scene where Prof. Oak is talking to you.

The reasons are unknown, probably just time progression. You can keep messing with it, or try replacing the internal battery, that may do something but it's unlikely. Remember, eBay is always an option.

Hope it turns out for the better mate.

Just got it from EBay btw.... man

Last edited:
Years
Does this happen every time you attempt to battle your rival before Nugget Bridge? If so, yeah, it's bricked. If not, just ignore it and continue to play. Red and Blue were full of glitches, even though the game they were based on, Pocket Monsters Blue, had already removed a number of glitches that had been present in Red and Green.

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
Years
IS this a glitch?

OK one day i let my cousin play my silver game and you know where u first start off and its before the first gym. its like a patch of grass where u can find weedles. well i was watching him play it and all of a sudden a level 1 rioku appeared out of no where in that patch of grass. i had several masterballs from trades and i told him to use it but he knocked it out instead. so yea a level 1 riouku in the begginning of the game? sounds alittle fishy to me and no action replay...is it a fake game or was it some sorta glitch? Sorry for the big pic..couldnt get one small enough ^_^

243.gif

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2011
Oh wow, never heard of this one...
Might be a glitch... or he is just too damn lucky XD

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
Years
Thats what i said...it kind of creeped me out to a point where i didnt want to play that game anymore....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back