• 7009 replies

metapod23

Hardened Trainer

Male
Seen August 17th, 2016
Posted May 9th, 2015
673 posts
10.2 Years
I've started a new job today, so progress will not be going as fast as it has been - I will continue to do what I can in my free time to get the game working, though.

Isn't Bulbasaur too light? His color looks like it's light green but too much
For Bulbasaur, I'm using a certain palette, so if I change the colors on the palette, it will affect other sprites that share the same pallet - that's what happened with the Ash sprite and I've been having to re-edit a lot of sprites to get rid of the green and I added to the pallet.

Mainly Jessie & James's overworlds and battle sprites.

Some of the others like ash's back & front and Brock's battle sprite looks faded.

Brock's overworld.

I like Misty's overworld and battle sprite though.

Remember metapod23 this is all my opinion, so if you like it you can keep it and I'll still play it anyway.
I understand, but it helps to have some comments on what needs improving.

Are u going to release it soon?
It may be a while before it's ready to release. I'll try to get a beta ready before too long.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori

Age 26
Male
Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Seen August 5th, 2018
Posted July 3rd, 2018
14,530 posts
10.9 Years
It may be a while before it's ready to release. I'll try to get a beta ready before too long.
Don't haste too much ;)
As for me I'd like to wait and then play without any bugs rather then play bugged version :)
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List

Samike360

Lover of May

ATL
Seen June 9th, 2015
Posted October 3rd, 2010
397 posts
10.2 Years
I would love to do some scripting for this hack if you want (I'm fairly good, I have done some level scripts and complex scripts for Death Spawn and Academy, and also the hack I'm working on)

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori

Age 26
Male
Seen August 5th, 2018
Posted July 3rd, 2018
14,530 posts
10.9 Years
Also, con-11 has provided a new trainer sprite for Team Rocket which I have inserted into the game
Those sprites are looking good. Good luck with scripting

metapod23

Hardened Trainer

Male
Seen August 17th, 2016
Posted May 9th, 2015
673 posts
10.2 Years
looks very good, do you know when you'll be coming to a beta?
I'm not sure of a date right now.

I would love to do some scripting for this hack if you want (I'm fairly good, I have done some level scripts and complex scripts for Death Spawn and Academy, and also the hack I'm working on)
I'll keep you in mind; I'm not sure right now what I'd need help with, but if/when I think of something I'll PM you and see what can be worked out. :)

Those sprites are looking good. Good luck with scripting
Thanks! :)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer

Male
Seen August 17th, 2016
Posted May 9th, 2015
673 posts
10.2 Years
How it's going Metapod?
Which event are ya doin' now?
I'm working on it when I can. :)

I'm still perfecting St. Anne. I've added some Rocket goons, but need to change them in A-Trainer, and I'm working on the part where you battle Jessie and James. I've got a semi-script for the Captain where, when you talk to him (after finding Cut), there's an earthquake animation, and I'm hoping I can create a script that will eventually lead you to being stranded at sea - but I'm not at that point yet!

Thanks for asking!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...

Male
Kwun Tong Mountains
Seen November 18th, 2015
Posted July 20th, 2012
3,074 posts
11.8 Years
I'm still perfecting St. Anne. I've added some Rocket goons, but need to change them in A-Trainer, and I'm working on the part where you battle Jessie and James. I've got a semi-script for the Captain where, when you talk to him (after finding Cut), there's an earthquake animation, and I'm hoping I can create a script that will eventually lead you to being stranded at sea - but I'm not at that point yet!
It's awesome that you're going through a lot of Progress since the last update.
Can wait to see more updates.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori

Age 26
Male
Seen August 5th, 2018
Posted July 3rd, 2018
14,530 posts
10.9 Years
Great :) Btw ya might ask the creator of Ash's Quest hack he'd sure know how to do that

cooley

///Keepin' it simple

Age 24
Male
United States
Seen December 5th, 2014
Posted December 2nd, 2014
1,149 posts
12.3 Years
Wow this is nice! But if you added some tiles or spiced up the look of the hack, this would be great!
It seems exciting, hope you do well on this ;)

Btw, if you need help creating an earthquake, I can help. It's a little more tricky than "special 0x136"

metapod23

Hardened Trainer

Male
Seen August 17th, 2016
Posted May 9th, 2015
673 posts
10.2 Years
It's awesome that you're going through a lot of Progress since the last update.
Can wait to see more updates.
Thanks! Here's a quick update:

I got a script working that will have the St. Anne animation take place once you board the ship, and once you board the ship, you can't leave, so that you'll be on the ship while it sets sail. I'll probably try to add a healing person somewhere as well to substitute for a Pokemon Center.

Great :) Btw ya might ask the creator of Ash's Quest hack he'd sure know how to do that
I've got the earthquake itself to work, but the whole script needs refinement.

Wow this is nice! But if you added some tiles or spiced up the look of the hack, this would be great!
It seems exciting, hope you do well on this ;)

Btw, if you need help creating an earthquake, I can help. It's a little more tricky than "special 0x136"
Thanks! :) Adding tiles and stuff will probably be the last thing I do, though.

With the earthquake script, I just had it call an already existing earthquake script in the game, rather than try to make a new one.

UPDATE: I've pretty much finished the St. Anne event. I'll be working on the shipwreck and island of giant Pokémon events next. :)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple

Age 24
Male
United States
Seen December 5th, 2014
Posted December 2nd, 2014
1,149 posts
12.3 Years
Thanks! :) Adding tiles and stuff will probably be the last thing I do, though.

With the earthquake script, I just had it call an already existing earthquake script in the game, rather than try to make a new one.
Oh, okay. Never thought of doing it that way :\
But good luck with it :D

metapod23

Hardened Trainer

Male
Seen August 17th, 2016
Posted May 9th, 2015
673 posts
10.2 Years
in this, with the charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle events do u have to cxatch them or after you beat them they join your team, because to follow the anime you had all 3
I have it so you have to battle and catch them for them to join your party. Charmander and Squirtle didn't exactly go that way in the anime, but Ash did battle both of the before catching them in a way, and imo it works a lot better than having them just choose to join you.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...

Male
Kwun Tong Mountains
Seen November 18th, 2015
Posted July 20th, 2012
3,074 posts
11.8 Years
I know that this question sounds weird, but will Bulbasaur/Squirtle or Charmander evolve to their final forms? I don't want Bulba or Squirty to be nooby Pokemon.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Advertiser Content