• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Wow HoF, nice update. Great to see the new maps and sprites as well! Hope to see more in the future.

Thanks a lot CP, it really means a lot to me.

Nice update, just had a quick glance before I'm moving off.

HM 14, how about De-Charge, Electi-Drain and etc...

Also your maps appear to be a little fuzzy compared to Jonny's, maybe it's how you've uploaded them, jpg, png, etc... but otherwise very good maps, will these ones be implemented in the new release of HOF or waiting for a later release ?

Well I have updated the screenshot of Tangelo Island, but the Valencia Island still looks blurry. I remember the graphics were converted to .png format before uploading, but mistakes could be made. Thanks for bringing up this issue.

It all looks so professionally done. when will the V1.4 download be available? I thought it came with the update?

Thanks for saying our work is professional! And well, I'm still not sure when v1.4 will be available at this point...

Is there any way to edit the lvl of your pokemon or switch your pokemon to different ones?

Well this is not an option for the public release, sorry...

*randomly tries to be helpful*
Would HM14, Shock Siphon be a good name?

Shock Siphon is indeed a very neat idea, and thanks for the advice Kaylee! ^^

i got a question, i cannot get past the gaurds to go to saffron city. i know u need to give them something to drink, which u get from the item store at Celadon, but i cannot give the items to the guards or the little girl who is thirsty. is this a glitch or do i got to do something special to be able to give the drink away?

Well in this game you need to beat Koga first and obtain the tea from the granny at Celadon Mansion. The guards in Saffron apparently prefer hot tea over any other drinks.

Hi, I joined the forums because I wanted to say how thoroughly impressed I was with this concept.
I would like to mention a few things that I've noticed, as I've already found a few problems; things you might want to work on.

Problem 1: Professor Oak's Laboratory
The game asks you to go see the third Pokéball, and once you find out it's empty, the game moves you down, to the left, and up, to speak to Oak again. However, if you are above the table, like I was to begin with, it will keep trying to move you down indefinitely. The only solution is to reset the game.

Problem 2: Viridian Gym
When you go to the Viridian Gym early in the game, it tells you that it's locked, then moves you down. Unfortunately, the game then locks you out of moving. You can press c to bring up the menu, and whatnot, but the arrow keys become useless. The only solution is to reset the game.

Problem 3: Pewter Gym
I don't actually know why, but I've just entered Brock's Gym after entering Pewter City for the first time (I healed my Pokémon at the center first), and the entire game just crashes (Windows tells me that it apologizes, but Game.exe has suffered an error and must be closed).

Problem 4a: Music Looping
Music looping is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but you need to be able to separate introductory music from the looped music. The notes that introduce a battle aren't repeated in the games, and it can get confusing listening to it again after being so used to it meaning that a new battle is starting.

Problem 4b: Missing sound effect
You're missing the sound effect of running feet/sweeping that happens when you successfully run from an encounter.. I've tried locating it online, but haven't been successful yet -- if I do find it, I'll link the file here.

Problem 5: NPC Walking: Sometimes, they can walk directly in front of doors / the only exit, and while they do move eventually, it can get a bit frustrating.

Don't take this to mean that the game is bad -- quite the contrary, I'm looking forward to getting more than an hour into the game (yeah, I have a lot of criticism for such short playing time), but I think that these things could be improved for later on, and for future players.
Keep up the good work, and if there's anything I can do, let me know! I can program in Visual BASIC .net, Java, and Wolfram Mathematica (none of which, I assume, are particularly useful to you), but I can, if needed, consult, and perhaps take a look at some of the code to optimize the methodology, if you would like it.
Again, keep it up :)

EDIT: Apparently, I can't walk into the museum in Pewter City, either.

I have noticed what you have brought up in this post, and I'm really sorry for all the problems you have encountered. Problem 1, 2, 5 are glitches in version 1.3, which will definitely be fixed in the next release. I dunno if we can fix problem 4 in recent future, but it will be done sooner or later. For problem 3, well, I have no idea why the game crashes when you entered Pewter Gym. I will see if there is something wrong with the database.

Ok, I have all the badges expect the Marsh Badge and the Earth Badge. And I have drinks but the guards still won't let me into Saffron City. What else am I supposed to do?

Like I said before, the guards want the hot tea. ^^

HoF, you may not want to save in jpg, it really just makes everything look horrible =/

Well the sprites are actually in .png originally, but yeah I converted them to .jpg so I could showcase them on PC.

Where do I find the Ticket I need to get to the Orange Islands?

You may visit Viridian Forest...

How am I supposed to fight Brock if the game crashes whenever I enter the Pewter City gym?
And TheManBehindTheMask, that SUCKS! I didn't save, and it fixed when I reset...

Yes, I finally glitched my way into battling Brock, and I beat Geodude with poison, and I beat Onix with Pichu's STATIC ability and Spearow's leer and peck attacks woot

For those of you who have trouble going inside the Pewter City Gym:
Note that this method is good until you close the program.
Move the local copy of the file game.rxdata to another location, and replace the one in the folder with the original game.rxdata from another source. Run game.exe, and go to the menu where it asks "Continue/New Game/Options", and replace the original file with your copied file in another location, then go to "continue". This will continue the game from where you last saved, with the added bonus of being able to go into the Pewter City Gym. Why? I haven't a clue, but it works.

I see, and lol I dunno why people are having problem accessing Pewter Gym. Perhaps there is something wrong with the game.rxdata file?

http://kymotonian.deviantart.com/art/Secluded-beach-111323681
the umbrellas and logs look exactly like kyledoves. Im not accusing but i was just wondering if you have his permission. I hate for what happened to oddesy to happen to you guys.;)

I have sent a VM to Kyledove to confirm this. I will remove the tiles and screenshots and apologize to him if what you were saying is indeed true.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Is there a way to get more than one eevee? I already got 1 but I wanted all the elements.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
I have noticed what you have brought up in this post, and I'm really sorry for all the problems you have encountered. Problem 1, 2, 5 are glitches in version 1.3, which will definitely be fixed in the next release. I dunno if we can fix problem 4 in recent future, but it will be done sooner or later. For problem 3, well, I have no idea why the game crashes when you entered Pewter Gym. I will see if there is something wrong with the database.
Hey, it's okay :)
I'm actually compiling a list of things I've noticed that might need addressing in the future (errors/glitches/addons). It's not to give you a bigger workload, but rather to fine-tune the excellent game you and your staff have created :)

With regards to the Pewter City error, I think it has to do with something that the game does on load. Check all things that the game does when:
  • The game builds the inside of the Pewter City Gym
  • The player walks inside the gym
  • The inside of the museum is built

Perhaps it has something to do with the number of badges the game thought the player had when the program was loaded. Maybe a certain Pokemon...

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Okay I have a sad news to announce. Team HOF is done, and I'm going to work on the game alone in my spare time. The progress will be extremely slow, which may take tens of years to complete. I'm really sorry this has to happen, but now I do learn a lesson that large team tends to collapse. I'm going to close this thread now, and you can send me VM or PM if you are interested in what I have done for Pkmn HOF. The team is dead, but the game will continue.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
This really is unfortunate since this is a very large project. I dont know how much I could do but If you need any help I will try but again I have my own game so I dont know much I can do. But yea I'm willing to help. Are you sure your entire team is gone? It was fairly large they all cant be gone.

bojjenclon

I fail, like, a lot
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 20, 2015
I told him that exact same thing, he's rather stubborn I don't think he'll listen.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Okay I have a sad news to announce. Team HOF is done, and I'm going to work on the game alone in my spare time. The progress will be extremely slow, which may take tens of years to complete. I'm really sorry this has to happen, but now I do learn a lesson that large team tends to collapse. I'm going to close this thread now, and you can send me VM or PM if you are interested in what I have done for Pkmn HOF. The team is dead, but the game will continue.
Hey, if you're looking for staff members, I'm ready, willing, and (hopefully) able!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back