The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #10101    
Old June 29th, 2009 (11:36 AM).
Doom Chaos's Avatar
Doom Chaos Doom Chaos is offline
I don't have a title
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Canada
    Age: 24
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 44
    I have problems with AdvanceMap again :S
    I tried to use the connection manager, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I changed the direction you leave Pallet Town (Right), connected it to a new Route, but everytime I try to exit Pallet Town, all I see is the border.
    img3. imageshack.us/img3/944/notworking.png
    (I need 15 posts or more.... damn)

    I edited the border to show it's definately not part of the map edited. How do I fix it?
      #10102    
    Old June 29th, 2009 (2:29 PM).
    Novus's Avatar
    Novus Novus is offline
    The English Kiwi
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Location: Dorset, England
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 184
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doom Chaos View Post
    I have problems with AdvanceMap again :S
    I tried to use the connection manager, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I changed the direction you leave Pallet Town (Right), connected it to a new Route, but everytime I try to exit Pallet Town, all I see is the border.
    img3. imageshack.us/img3/944/notworking.png
    (I need 15 posts or more.... damn)

    I edited the border to show it's definately not part of the map edited. How do I fix it?
    Have you connected the Route to Pallet Town as well as connecting Pallet Town to the Route?
    __________________
    "Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties"
      #10103    
    Old June 29th, 2009 (4:10 PM).
    Exon's Avatar
    Exon Exon is offline
    Hacker in Training
       
      Join Date: Jun 2009
      Age: 29
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 64
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Vednix View Post
      So you basically want to trigger the script? well, its as easy as compiling the script into the ROM, the making a new script in there with the offset of the script in the "script offset" box.
      Just compiling the script and allocating it to a script tile isn't working. I wanted to see if it would freeze if I set the unknow to 0000 and the variable number to 0000 as well, and it did. Yet I tried using the 0300 and 4050 from the diegoisawesome's tutorial and they didn't work.


      So, does anyone know if there are particular numbers we need to use for unknown and variable number to get a script to work? ...and if so, how do we figure them out?
      __________________
      ================


      Looking for some great shiny pokemon? Check my thread out and maybe we can make a deal.
      Thread -----> HERE
      ------------------------------
      I specialize in poke'radaring in the snow and sandstorm areas :-)

      Want to win free event pkmn? Go ----> HERE!!!
        #10104    
      Old June 29th, 2009 (4:15 PM).
      Samike360's Avatar
      Samike360 Samike360 is offline
      Lover of May
         
        Join Date: Mar 2009
        Location: ATL
        Gender:
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 397
        ^Sometimes try 0003 4051 and set the number below it to 2. Experiment around with those and see if it helps.
        __________________





        Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

        From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
          #10105    
        Old June 29th, 2009 (5:16 PM). Edited June 30th, 2009 by Doom Chaos.
        Doom Chaos's Avatar
        Doom Chaos Doom Chaos is offline
        I don't have a title
           
          Join Date: Jun 2008
          Location: Canada
          Age: 24
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 44
          <PROBLEM SOLVED>
          There was an offset that wasn't supposed to be there.
            #10106    
          Old June 29th, 2009 (7:06 PM).
          MegaMaccer's Avatar
          MegaMaccer MegaMaccer is offline
          If a tree falls in a forest
             
            Join Date: Dec 2008
            Location: New Zealand
            Age: 28
            Posts: 276
            For those who don't know me, I'm Mac, the guy with the Fakemon ^^
            I'm hacking fire red, and want to edit the background palette for the start of the rom where you choose whether you are male or female. I'm sure its easy enough to do, but I'm just not sure of the offset, or exactly how to do it :P Can anyone help?
            __________________
            Latest Torzach Updates:

            The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
              #10107    
            Old June 29th, 2009 (7:08 PM).
            PlatniumPiano's Avatar
            PlatniumPiano PlatniumPiano is offline
            You are now breathing manually
               
              Join Date: Dec 2008
              Location: Yesterday
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lax
              Posts: 480
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MegaMaccer View Post
              For those who don't know me, I'm Mac, the guy with the Fakemon ^^
              I'm hacking fire red, and want to edit the background palette for the start of the rom where you choose whether you are male or female. I'm sure its easy enough to do, but I'm just not sure of the offset, or exactly how to do it :P Can anyone help?

              Hmm. Well I think that you would use UNLZ to change the colors but for the palette you could probably get APE (Advanced Palette Editor) to do you job.
              __________________

              If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
                #10108    
              Old June 29th, 2009 (9:51 PM).
              DarkPrince304's Avatar
              DarkPrince304 DarkPrince304 is offline
              Back to Hacking after exams!!!
                 
                Join Date: May 2009
                Location: PokeCommunity
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 167
                @Mega Maccer:
                This is it: 00460568

                I am saying my question again
                1st: What's the Tile Molester Offset of the Intro Hero in Fire Red
                I am having problems editing it in black and white colours
                So I have the Pallet Offset ready and I just need the Sprite Offset :)

                2nd:
                How do I change the sprite frame of a sprite on the same spot it is standing in a script?

                Please help me :(
                __________________
                I am the creator of Pokemon Gotta Catch em' All! Game.







                Click on the Banner to go to main thread
                  #10109    
                Old June 29th, 2009 (10:41 PM).
                Vednix's Avatar
                Vednix Vednix is offline
                :D
                   
                  Join Date: May 2009
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Docile
                  Posts: 254
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DarkPrince304 View Post
                  @Mega Maccer:
                  This is it: 00460568

                  I am saying my question again
                  1st: What's the Tile Molester Offset of the Intro Hero in Fire Red
                  I am having problems editing it in black and white colours
                  So I have the Pallet Offset ready and I just need the Sprite Offset :)

                  2nd:
                  How do I change the sprite frame of a sprite on the same spot it is standing in a script?

                  Please help me :(
                  You've posted your question twice on the same page. If necessary, PM someone who knows what they're doing. otherwise, dont keep positng the same question over and over.
                  __________________
                  ._.
                    #10110    
                  Old June 30th, 2009 (7:36 AM). Edited June 30th, 2009 by pizzaM4N.
                  pizzaM4N pizzaM4N is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2009
                    Posts: 2
                    hi,
                    has anybody a real time clock (ips) fix for pokemon Emerald? I play it on a supercard miniSD (flash card for GBA).

                    regards pizzaM4N
                      #10111    
                    Old June 30th, 2009 (8:52 AM).
                    Quickster's Avatar
                    Quickster Quickster is offline
                    Dream or Drop?
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2007
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quiet
                      Posts: 351
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Exon View Post
                      Just compiling the script and allocating it to a script tile isn't working. I wanted to see if it would freeze if I set the unknow to 0000 and the variable number to 0000 as well, and it did. Yet I tried using the 0300 and 4050 from the diegoisawesome's tutorial and they didn't work.


                      So, does anyone know if there are particular numbers we need to use for unknown and variable number to get a script to work? ...and if so, how do we figure them out?
                      Instead of 0300 try 0003 and 4050.Thats what I use and it works.Also it can be different if you dont have the newest advanced map,but it should be that.
                      __________________
                      I laugh looking at this.

                      But sometimes I want to come back to it...

                        #10112    
                      Old June 30th, 2009 (10:04 AM).
                      monkeyman2092's Avatar
                      monkeyman2092 monkeyman2092 is offline
                      Aipom Awesome!!
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2009
                        Nature: Naughty
                        Posts: 140
                        I have a few questions...

                        1. When I use a script editor to edit texts, a msgbox may copy itself into another msgbox and screw up the text.
                        2. When I try to load a picture into UNLZ.gba, it says this error: "Error Image not indexed"
                        3. Sometimes my scripts ruin themselves
                        __________________


                        Aipom, Pikachu, and Eevee shall take over the world very soon... Very soon...

                        Map Requests Accepted JUST NOT FOR THE MAP RATING THREAD
                          #10113    
                        Old June 30th, 2009 (10:25 AM).
                        Vednix's Avatar
                        Vednix Vednix is offline
                        :D
                           
                          Join Date: May 2009
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Docile
                          Posts: 254
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post
                          I have a few questions...

                          1. When I use a script editor to edit texts, a msgbox may copy itself into another msgbox and screw up the text.
                          2. When I try to load a picture into UNLZ.gba, it says this error: "Error Image not indexed"
                          3. Sometimes my scripts ruin themselves

                          I can answer number 2 for ya.

                          For it to be indexed,. it needs to be in 16 colour bit mode. To do this, you'll need some image editing softer that can lower the bit rate. the most popular is IrfanView
                          __________________
                          ._.
                            #10114    
                          Old June 30th, 2009 (10:51 AM).
                          cooley's Avatar
                          cooley cooley is offline
                          ///Keepin' it simple
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2007
                          Location: United States
                          Age: 23
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Impish
                          Posts: 1,149
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post
                          I have a few questions...

                          1. When I use a script editor to edit texts, a msgbox may copy itself into another msgbox and screw up the text.
                          2. When I try to load a picture into UNLZ.gba, it says this error: "Error Image not indexed"
                          3. Sometimes my scripts ruin themselves
                          1. Well that's why it's a script editor and not a text Lol. But if you're adding more text, it's not safe especially when there's another script right after the one you're editing.

                          When you add, you overwrite the next bytes, and since the next bytes are used and not Free space, XSE doesn't repoint the script or something similar to that. All you have to do is decompile the script, and replace the offset "0x8105925" with a dynamic one "@msg" and insert a #dynamic tag at the top of the full script. XSE will auto-replace it for you ;)

                          2. Download IrfanView, and open the picture. Goto Image->Decrease Color depth->click on either 256, or 16 colors->Click OK, and Save file.

                          3.
                          It's not the script. Because the script doesn't have a brain or thought processes XD
                          Maybe you should post, so we can help you.
                          __________________

                            #10115    
                          Old June 30th, 2009 (11:20 AM).
                          Lyzo's Avatar
                          Lyzo Lyzo is offline
                          On vacation
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2007
                            Location: The Netherlands
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Bold
                            Posts: 252
                            Ok, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the script that I'm using, but it should work...

                            So, my problem is, I made a script where you see a poké ball, you click it, it shows a picture of a pokemon, asks if you want it yes/no. If no, then ok, choose another one, end script. When you press yes you go on, get the pokemon, fanfair, your rival picks a pokemon and then he leaves...

                            This all takes place in the lab, with an aid and your rival. Now, my problem is... that after you choose your pokemon, you can choose if you want to give it a name. When you press no the script runs fine and it works as it should. When you press yes the script also works fine... but at the end of the script you don't control the player but the lab assistant... Why's this?

                            I don't think the script is need... but I'm still posting it xD
                            Oh, and it's a level script.

                            Spoiler:
                            #dynamic 0x800000

                            #org @Start
                            checkflag 0x828
                            if 0x1 goto @Done
                            showpokepic 0x8 0xA 0x3
                            msgbox @WantFreezpool 0x5
                            compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                            if 0x1 goto @No
                            hidepokepic
                            msgbox @GoodChoice 0x4
                            hidesprite LASTTALKED
                            fanfare 0x13E
                            waitfanfare
                            closeonkeypress
                            givepokemon 0x8 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                            msgbox @GiveName 0x5
                            compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                            if 0x1 call @NameDoing
                            applymovement 0x5 @MoveRival
                            pause 0x50
                            msgbox @RivalPick 0x4
                            hidesprite 0x2
                            fanfare 0x13E
                            waitfanfare
                            closeonkeypress
                            msgbox @FindQuick 0x6
                            applymovement 0x5 @MoveRival2
                            pause 0x70
                            hidesprite 0x5
                            setflag 0x828
                            setflag 0x500
                            setflag 0x201
                            setflag 0x203
                            release
                            end

                            #org @Done
                            msgbox @AlreadyHavePokemon 0x6
                            release
                            end

                            #org @No
                            hidepokepic
                            release
                            end

                            #org @NameDoing
                            setvar 0x8004 0x0
                            call @NameDoing2
                            return

                            #org @NameDoing2
                            fadescreen 0x1
                            special 0x9E
                            waitstate
                            return

                            #org @WantFreezpool
                            = [blue_fr]AID: FREEZPOOL, the WATER-TYPE\nPOKéMON!\pDo you want FREEZPOOL?

                            #org @GoodChoice
                            = [blue_fr]AID: I think that's a great choice,\n[player]!\p[player] received a FREEZPOOL!

                            #org @GiveName
                            = Would you like to give FREEZPOOL\na NICKNAME?

                            #org @RivalPick
                            = [blue_fr][rival]: Then I'll pick[.]\pThis one!\p[rival] received a SQUIBEEL!

                            #org @FindQuick
                            = [blue_fr]AID: Find him, quickly!\nPlease!\p[rival]: Sure!\pC'mon, [player]!\pLet's find him!

                            #org @AlreadyHavePokemon
                            = You already got your POKéMON!

                            #org @MoveRival
                            #raw 0x10
                            #raw 0x10
                            #raw 0x13
                            #raw 0x13
                            #raw 0x13
                            #raw 0x11
                            #raw 0xFE

                            #org @MoveRival2
                            #raw 0x10
                            #raw 0x12
                            #raw 0x12
                            #raw 0x10
                            #raw 0x10
                            #raw 0x10
                            #raw 0x10
                            #raw 0xFE


                            I'll try if it helps to do the name choosing later in the game...
                            But I'm still wondering why this happens, so if anyone has an answer please answer :D
                            __________________


                            ^^ Thank you The Blueprint !!!
                              #10116    
                            Old June 30th, 2009 (11:25 AM).
                            Logan's Avatar
                            Logan Logan is online now
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2008
                            Location: Salisbury, England
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Sassy
                            Posts: 10,321
                            Is the Lab Assitant's movements on Look down? If so change it to No movement. If not, I'll look over the script a bit more.
                            __________________
                              #10117    
                            Old June 30th, 2009 (11:42 AM).
                            Lyzo's Avatar
                            Lyzo Lyzo is offline
                            On vacation
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2007
                              Location: The Netherlands
                              Age: 23
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Bold
                              Posts: 252
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Alice. View Post
                              Is the Lab Assitant's movements on Look down? If so change it to No movement. If not, I'll look over the script a bit more.
                              That fixed it :D!!!
                              Thanks for replying so quickly!
                              __________________


                              ^^ Thank you The Blueprint !!!
                                #10118    
                              Old June 30th, 2009 (6:14 PM).
                              darrkwolfy darrkwolfy is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2009
                                Gender:
                                Posts: 1
                                please dont eat me if this has already been asked because 400 pages is a bit much to read.

                                im trying to edit the fire red titlescreen i want to use a new tileset and tilemap i used my own images and got them set up but the files were larger than the originals so i used free space finder to find a new adress i had it save it there then autimaticly repoint but when i start the game either the images are not there or are in about a million peices all over the screen compleatly unrecognizable how can i do this please let me know asap thx.
                                  #10119    
                                Old June 30th, 2009 (7:07 PM).
                                Doom Chaos's Avatar
                                Doom Chaos Doom Chaos is offline
                                I don't have a title
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2008
                                  Location: Canada
                                  Age: 24
                                  Nature: Calm
                                  Posts: 44
                                  Me again, but this time this is very very VERY easy. I looked at the tutorial Dante made for the intro hero for Fire Red, but I can't save the BG in .act. Can somebody upload it somewhere I could download it? Everytime I choose the format, it saves it like this: bg.pal. I can't do a thing with that! I tried naming it "bg.act", but still not working! If I change the format manually, it screws the palette up. What the heck...
                                    #10120    
                                  Old June 30th, 2009 (8:23 PM).
                                  onyx79's Avatar
                                  onyx79 onyx79 is offline
                                  Red Dead Revolver
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2009
                                    Location: Orange Islands (=
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Modest
                                    Posts: 503
                                    how to revamp old sprites?
                                    __________________
                                    my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5397075&postcount=64
                                      #10121    
                                    Old June 30th, 2009 (8:24 PM).
                                    PlatniumPiano's Avatar
                                    PlatniumPiano PlatniumPiano is offline
                                    You are now breathing manually
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2008
                                      Location: Yesterday
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Lax
                                      Posts: 480
                                      Well I guess I have a simple question, but it's kind of long...

                                      I have a trainer in unLZ. Steven's sprite, to be exact. So I went to import my newly indexed .png file, a steven-ish sprite with a green shirt. I clicked export pallete, and all of the other boxes. No problems, the sprite was editied... However, I go to the previous trainer sprite in the list... and I get this:

                                      Spoiler:




                                      A gentlemen Trainer Sprite with the same pallete as the New stevens'. Not only that, but all of the other trainers before Steven now have a dumb- looking palette in unlZ- all of them have pallete 1039. Now, when I fight a gentleman in the game... He looks normal. He has a totally different pallete than what shows up in unLZ. Sure, this is confusing, but what's more so is that (the new) Steven's in-game sprite now has a discolored palette. However, in unLZ, it looks fine. Also, in every trainer editor I open... all trainer palettes, except Steven's, look normal.

                                      My question is- How can I fix Steven's Palette in game, and the other trainer palettes in unLZ? Is my ROM screwed up? Will I be able to not edit any more trainers? Did I miss something important?

                                      This is quite an important question, seeing as I need to edit the majority of trainers for my hack.

                                      Thank you in advance ^_^
                                      __________________

                                      If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
                                        #10122    
                                      Old July 1st, 2009 (1:52 AM).
                                      HackMew's Avatar
                                      HackMew HackMew is offline
                                      Mewtwo Strikes Back
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2006
                                      Posts: 1,314
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Doom Chaos View Post
                                      Me again, but this time this is very very VERY easy. I looked at the tutorial Dante made for the intro hero for Fire Red, but I can't save the BG in .act. Can somebody upload it somewhere I could download it? Everytime I choose the format, it saves it like this: bg.pal. I can't do a thing with that! I tried naming it "bg.act", but still not working! If I change the format manually, it screws the palette up. What the heck...
                                      Try using an updated VBA version to see if it matters.


                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by JohnPaulJones View Post
                                      Well I guess I have a simple question, but it's kind of long...

                                      I have a trainer in unLZ. Steven's sprite, to be exact. So I went to import my newly indexed .png file, a steven-ish sprite with a green shirt. I clicked export pallete, and all of the other boxes. No problems, the sprite was editied... However, I go to the previous trainer sprite in the list... and I get this:

                                      Spoiler:




                                      A gentlemen Trainer Sprite with the same pallete as the New stevens'. Not only that, but all of the other trainers before Steven now have a dumb- looking palette in unlZ- all of them have pallete 1039. Now, when I fight a gentleman in the game... He looks normal. He has a totally different pallete than what shows up in unLZ. Sure, this is confusing, but what's more so is that (the new) Steven's in-game sprite now has a discolored palette. However, in unLZ, it looks fine. Also, in every trainer editor I open... all trainer palettes, except Steven's, look normal.

                                      My question is- How can I fix Steven's Palette in game, and the other trainer palettes in unLZ? Is my ROM screwed up? Will I be able to not edit any more trainers? Did I miss something important?

                                      This is quite an important question, seeing as I need to edit the majority of trainers for my hack.

                                      Thank you in advance ^_^
                                      unLZ keeps the palette and sprites list cached into the ROMName.gba.spr and ROMName.gba.pal files. Make sure to close the ROM and delete them both. Then load the ROM again with unLZ.
                                      __________________
                                        #10123    
                                      Old July 1st, 2009 (2:41 AM).
                                      onyx79's Avatar
                                      onyx79 onyx79 is offline
                                      Red Dead Revolver
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jan 2009
                                        Location: Orange Islands (=
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Modest
                                        Posts: 503
                                        hmmm what's the pic number of the battle box(the one that shows you the HP & EXP bars)at unlz in fire red?
                                        __________________
                                        my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5397075&postcount=64
                                          #10124    
                                        Old July 1st, 2009 (3:27 AM).
                                        wolfy wolfy is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Feb 2009
                                          Posts: 15
                                          im using advance map with my friend were making a hack and such , but were having a problem

                                          henever we try make a sprite, it stays in the corner on the "0" sprite.
                                          it dosnt change even if i apply a script or not, and i made all the vars the same as another character and it still didnt work
                                          Any ideas?
                                            #10125    
                                          Old July 1st, 2009 (6:02 AM). Edited July 1st, 2009 by Doom Chaos.
                                          Doom Chaos's Avatar
                                          Doom Chaos Doom Chaos is offline
                                          I don't have a title
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jun 2008
                                            Location: Canada
                                            Age: 24
                                            Nature: Calm
                                            Posts: 44
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
                                            im using advance map with my friend were making a hack and such , but were having a problem

                                            henever we try make a sprite, it stays in the corner on the "0" sprite.
                                            it dosnt change even if i apply a script or not, and i made all the vars the same as another character and it still didnt work
                                            Any ideas?
                                            Go on events, click on your 0 sprite (left click) and change de picture no. And if you want to move it, you have to click, hold and place it somewhere else.

                                            To answer HackMew, I'm gonna try in a few seconds, I'll edit my post for results.

                                            EDIT: Should I take a stable version or a beta (the beta is the latest release)?
                                            EDIT2: The beta makes it work fine. Thanks
                                            EDIT3: After I enter a name, the sprite becomes screwy, why?
                                            Closed Thread

                                            Quick Reply

                                            Join the conversation!

                                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                            Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:52 AM.