The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #10126    
Old June 29th, 2009 (10:41 PM).
Vednix's Avatar
Vednix Vednix is offline
:D
     
    Join Date: May 2009
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Docile
    Posts: 254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DarkPrince304 View Post
    @Mega Maccer:
    This is it: 00460568

    I am saying my question again
    1st: What's the Tile Molester Offset of the Intro Hero in Fire Red
    I am having problems editing it in black and white colours
    So I have the Pallet Offset ready and I just need the Sprite Offset

    2nd:
    How do I change the sprite frame of a sprite on the same spot it is standing in a script?

    Please help me
    You've posted your question twice on the same page. If necessary, PM someone who knows what they're doing. otherwise, dont keep positng the same question over and over.
    __________________
    ._.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #10127    
    Old June 30th, 2009 (7:36 AM). Edited June 30th, 2009 by pizzaM4N.
    pizzaM4N pizzaM4N is offline
       
      Join Date: Jun 2009
      Posts: 2
      hi,
      has anybody a real time clock (ips) fix for pokemon Emerald? I play it on a supercard miniSD (flash card for GBA).

      regards pizzaM4N
        #10128    
      Old June 30th, 2009 (8:52 AM).
      Quickster's Avatar
      Quickster Quickster is offline
      Dream or Drop?
         
        Join Date: Oct 2007
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 351
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Exon View Post
        Just compiling the script and allocating it to a script tile isn't working. I wanted to see if it would freeze if I set the unknow to 0000 and the variable number to 0000 as well, and it did. Yet I tried using the 0300 and 4050 from the diegoisawesome's tutorial and they didn't work.


        So, does anyone know if there are particular numbers we need to use for unknown and variable number to get a script to work? ...and if so, how do we figure them out?
        Instead of 0300 try 0003 and 4050.Thats what I use and it works.Also it can be different if you dont have the newest advanced map,but it should be that.
        __________________
        I laugh looking at this.

        But sometimes I want to come back to it...

          #10129    
        Old June 30th, 2009 (10:04 AM).
        monkeyman2092's Avatar
        monkeyman2092 monkeyman2092 is offline
        Aipom Awesome!!
           
          Join Date: Jun 2009
          Nature: Naughty
          Posts: 140
          I have a few questions...

          1. When I use a script editor to edit texts, a msgbox may copy itself into another msgbox and screw up the text.
          2. When I try to load a picture into UNLZ.gba, it says this error: "Error Image not indexed"
          3. Sometimes my scripts ruin themselves
          __________________


          Aipom, Pikachu, and Eevee shall take over the world very soon... Very soon...

          Map Requests Accepted JUST NOT FOR THE MAP RATING THREAD
            #10130    
          Old June 30th, 2009 (10:25 AM).
          Vednix's Avatar
          Vednix Vednix is offline
          :D
             
            Join Date: May 2009
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Docile
            Posts: 254
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post
            I have a few questions...

            1. When I use a script editor to edit texts, a msgbox may copy itself into another msgbox and screw up the text.
            2. When I try to load a picture into UNLZ.gba, it says this error: "Error Image not indexed"
            3. Sometimes my scripts ruin themselves

            I can answer number 2 for ya.

            For it to be indexed,. it needs to be in 16 colour bit mode. To do this, you'll need some image editing softer that can lower the bit rate. the most popular is IrfanView
            __________________
            ._.
              #10131    
            Old June 30th, 2009 (10:51 AM).
            cooley's Avatar
            cooley cooley is offline
            ///Keepin' it simple
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Feb 2007
            Location: United States
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Impish
            Posts: 1,147
            Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cooley
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by monkeyman2092 View Post
            I have a few questions...

            1. When I use a script editor to edit texts, a msgbox may copy itself into another msgbox and screw up the text.
            2. When I try to load a picture into UNLZ.gba, it says this error: "Error Image not indexed"
            3. Sometimes my scripts ruin themselves
            1. Well that's why it's a script editor and not a text Lol. But if you're adding more text, it's not safe especially when there's another script right after the one you're editing.

            When you add, you overwrite the next bytes, and since the next bytes are used and not Free space, XSE doesn't repoint the script or something similar to that. All you have to do is decompile the script, and replace the offset "0x8105925" with a dynamic one "@msg" and insert a #dynamic tag at the top of the full script. XSE will auto-replace it for you

            2. Download IrfanView, and open the picture. Goto Image->Decrease Color depth->click on either 256, or 16 colors->Click OK, and Save file.

            3.
            It's not the script. Because the script doesn't have a brain or thought processes XD
            Maybe you should post, so we can help you.
            __________________

              #10132    
            Old June 30th, 2009 (11:20 AM).
            Lyzo's Avatar
            Lyzo Lyzo is offline
            On vacation
               
              Join Date: Mar 2007
              Location: The Netherlands
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 252
              Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
              Ok, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the script that I'm using, but it should work...

              So, my problem is, I made a script where you see a poké ball, you click it, it shows a picture of a pokemon, asks if you want it yes/no. If no, then ok, choose another one, end script. When you press yes you go on, get the pokemon, fanfair, your rival picks a pokemon and then he leaves...

              This all takes place in the lab, with an aid and your rival. Now, my problem is... that after you choose your pokemon, you can choose if you want to give it a name. When you press no the script runs fine and it works as it should. When you press yes the script also works fine... but at the end of the script you don't control the player but the lab assistant... Why's this?

              I don't think the script is need... but I'm still posting it xD
              Oh, and it's a level script.

              Spoiler:
              #dynamic 0x800000

              #org @Start
              checkflag 0x828
              if 0x1 goto @Done
              showpokepic 0x8 0xA 0x3
              msgbox @WantFreezpool 0x5
              compare LASTRESULT 0x0
              if 0x1 goto @No
              hidepokepic
              msgbox @GoodChoice 0x4
              hidesprite LASTTALKED
              fanfare 0x13E
              waitfanfare
              closeonkeypress
              givepokemon 0x8 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
              msgbox @GiveName 0x5
              compare LASTRESULT 0x1
              if 0x1 call @NameDoing
              applymovement 0x5 @MoveRival
              pause 0x50
              msgbox @RivalPick 0x4
              hidesprite 0x2
              fanfare 0x13E
              waitfanfare
              closeonkeypress
              msgbox @FindQuick 0x6
              applymovement 0x5 @MoveRival2
              pause 0x70
              hidesprite 0x5
              setflag 0x828
              setflag 0x500
              setflag 0x201
              setflag 0x203
              release
              end

              #org @Done
              msgbox @AlreadyHavePokemon 0x6
              release
              end

              #org @No
              hidepokepic
              release
              end

              #org @NameDoing
              setvar 0x8004 0x0
              call @NameDoing2
              return

              #org @NameDoing2
              fadescreen 0x1
              special 0x9E
              waitstate
              return

              #org @WantFreezpool
              = [blue_fr]AID: FREEZPOOL, the WATER-TYPE\nPOKéMON!\pDo you want FREEZPOOL?

              #org @GoodChoice
              = [blue_fr]AID: I think that's a great choice,\n[player]!\p[player] received a FREEZPOOL!

              #org @GiveName
              = Would you like to give FREEZPOOL\na NICKNAME?

              #org @RivalPick
              = [blue_fr][rival]: Then I'll pick[.]\pThis one!\p[rival] received a SQUIBEEL!

              #org @FindQuick
              = [blue_fr]AID: Find him, quickly!\nPlease!\p[rival]: Sure!\pC'mon, [player]!\pLet's find him!

              #org @AlreadyHavePokemon
              = You already got your POKéMON!

              #org @MoveRival
              #raw 0x10
              #raw 0x10
              #raw 0x13
              #raw 0x13
              #raw 0x13
              #raw 0x11
              #raw 0xFE

              #org @MoveRival2
              #raw 0x10
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x12
              #raw 0x10
              #raw 0x10
              #raw 0x10
              #raw 0x10
              #raw 0xFE


              I'll try if it helps to do the name choosing later in the game...
              But I'm still wondering why this happens, so if anyone has an answer please answer :D
              __________________


              Thank you The Blueprint !!!
                #10133    
              Old June 30th, 2009 (11:25 AM).
              Logan's Avatar
              Logan Logan is offline
              • Discord Moderoid
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Nov 2008
              Location: Salisbury, England
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Sassy
              Posts: 9,812
              Is the Lab Assitant's movements on Look down? If so change it to No movement. If not, I'll look over the script a bit more.
              __________________
              Wait, I saw bare kicks, saw bare clothes
              Said psyduck that, I can't wear those
              I don't like them, they're not my ting
              They went silent, they're all weirdos
                #10134    
              Old June 30th, 2009 (11:42 AM).
              Lyzo's Avatar
              Lyzo Lyzo is offline
              On vacation
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2007
                Location: The Netherlands
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Bold
                Posts: 252
                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lyzo
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alice. View Post
                Is the Lab Assitant's movements on Look down? If so change it to No movement. If not, I'll look over the script a bit more.
                That fixed it :D!!!
                Thanks for replying so quickly!
                __________________


                Thank you The Blueprint !!!
                  #10135    
                Old June 30th, 2009 (6:14 PM).
                darrkwolfy darrkwolfy is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                  Gender:
                  Posts: 1
                  please dont eat me if this has already been asked because 400 pages is a bit much to read.

                  im trying to edit the fire red titlescreen i want to use a new tileset and tilemap i used my own images and got them set up but the files were larger than the originals so i used free space finder to find a new adress i had it save it there then autimaticly repoint but when i start the game either the images are not there or are in about a million peices all over the screen compleatly unrecognizable how can i do this please let me know asap thx.
                    #10136    
                  Old June 30th, 2009 (7:07 PM).
                  Doom Chaos's Avatar
                  Doom Chaos Doom Chaos is offline
                  I don't have a title
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2008
                    Location: Canada
                    Age: 23
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 44
                    Me again, but this time this is very very VERY easy. I looked at the tutorial Dante made for the intro hero for Fire Red, but I can't save the BG in .act. Can somebody upload it somewhere I could download it? Everytime I choose the format, it saves it like this: bg.pal. I can't do a thing with that! I tried naming it "bg.act", but still not working! If I change the format manually, it screws the palette up. What the heck...
                      #10137    
                    Old June 30th, 2009 (8:23 PM).
                    onyx79's Avatar
                    onyx79 onyx79 is offline
                    Red Dead Revolver
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2009
                      Location: Orange Islands (=
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Modest
                      Posts: 503
                      how to revamp old sprites?
                      __________________
                      my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5397075&postcount=64
                        #10138    
                      Old June 30th, 2009 (8:24 PM).
                      PlatniumPiano's Avatar
                      PlatniumPiano PlatniumPiano is offline
                      You are now breathing manually
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2008
                        Location: Yesterday
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lax
                        Posts: 480
                        Well I guess I have a simple question, but it's kind of long...

                        I have a trainer in unLZ. Steven's sprite, to be exact. So I went to import my newly indexed .png file, a steven-ish sprite with a green shirt. I clicked export pallete, and all of the other boxes. No problems, the sprite was editied... However, I go to the previous trainer sprite in the list... and I get this:

                        Spoiler:




                        A gentlemen Trainer Sprite with the same pallete as the New stevens'. Not only that, but all of the other trainers before Steven now have a dumb- looking palette in unlZ- all of them have pallete 1039. Now, when I fight a gentleman in the game... He looks normal. He has a totally different pallete than what shows up in unLZ. Sure, this is confusing, but what's more so is that (the new) Steven's in-game sprite now has a discolored palette. However, in unLZ, it looks fine. Also, in every trainer editor I open... all trainer palettes, except Steven's, look normal.

                        My question is- How can I fix Steven's Palette in game, and the other trainer palettes in unLZ? Is my ROM screwed up? Will I be able to not edit any more trainers? Did I miss something important?

                        This is quite an important question, seeing as I need to edit the majority of trainers for my hack.

                        Thank you in advance
                        __________________

                        If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
                          #10139    
                        Old July 1st, 2009 (1:52 AM).
                        HackMew's Avatar
                        HackMew HackMew is offline
                        Mewtwo Strikes Back
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2006
                        Posts: 1,314
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Doom Chaos View Post
                        Me again, but this time this is very very VERY easy. I looked at the tutorial Dante made for the intro hero for Fire Red, but I can't save the BG in .act. Can somebody upload it somewhere I could download it? Everytime I choose the format, it saves it like this: bg.pal. I can't do a thing with that! I tried naming it "bg.act", but still not working! If I change the format manually, it screws the palette up. What the heck...
                        Try using an updated VBA version to see if it matters.


                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by JohnPaulJones View Post
                        Well I guess I have a simple question, but it's kind of long...

                        I have a trainer in unLZ. Steven's sprite, to be exact. So I went to import my newly indexed .png file, a steven-ish sprite with a green shirt. I clicked export pallete, and all of the other boxes. No problems, the sprite was editied... However, I go to the previous trainer sprite in the list... and I get this:

                        Spoiler:




                        A gentlemen Trainer Sprite with the same pallete as the New stevens'. Not only that, but all of the other trainers before Steven now have a dumb- looking palette in unlZ- all of them have pallete 1039. Now, when I fight a gentleman in the game... He looks normal. He has a totally different pallete than what shows up in unLZ. Sure, this is confusing, but what's more so is that (the new) Steven's in-game sprite now has a discolored palette. However, in unLZ, it looks fine. Also, in every trainer editor I open... all trainer palettes, except Steven's, look normal.

                        My question is- How can I fix Steven's Palette in game, and the other trainer palettes in unLZ? Is my ROM screwed up? Will I be able to not edit any more trainers? Did I miss something important?

                        This is quite an important question, seeing as I need to edit the majority of trainers for my hack.

                        Thank you in advance ^_^
                        unLZ keeps the palette and sprites list cached into the ROMName.gba.spr and ROMName.gba.pal files. Make sure to close the ROM and delete them both. Then load the ROM again with unLZ.
                        __________________
                          #10140    
                        Old July 1st, 2009 (2:41 AM).
                        onyx79's Avatar
                        onyx79 onyx79 is offline
                        Red Dead Revolver
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2009
                          Location: Orange Islands (=
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 503
                          hmmm what's the pic number of the battle box(the one that shows you the HP & EXP bars)at unlz in fire red?
                          __________________
                          my room base: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5397075&postcount=64
                            #10141    
                          Old July 1st, 2009 (3:27 AM).
                          wolfy wolfy is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2009
                            Posts: 15
                            im using advance map with my friend were making a hack and such , but were having a problem

                            henever we try make a sprite, it stays in the corner on the "0" sprite.
                            it dosnt change even if i apply a script or not, and i made all the vars the same as another character and it still didnt work
                            Any ideas?
                              #10142    
                            Old July 1st, 2009 (6:02 AM). Edited July 1st, 2009 by Doom Chaos.
                            Doom Chaos's Avatar
                            Doom Chaos Doom Chaos is offline
                            I don't have a title
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2008
                              Location: Canada
                              Age: 23
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 44
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
                              im using advance map with my friend were making a hack and such , but were having a problem

                              henever we try make a sprite, it stays in the corner on the "0" sprite.
                              it dosnt change even if i apply a script or not, and i made all the vars the same as another character and it still didnt work
                              Any ideas?
                              Go on events, click on your 0 sprite (left click) and change de picture no. And if you want to move it, you have to click, hold and place it somewhere else.

                              To answer HackMew, I'm gonna try in a few seconds, I'll edit my post for results.

                              EDIT: Should I take a stable version or a beta (the beta is the latest release)?
                              EDIT2: The beta makes it work fine. Thanks
                              EDIT3: After I enter a name, the sprite becomes screwy, why?
                                #10143    
                              Old July 1st, 2009 (6:07 AM).
                              Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                              Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                              The Faltine
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2008
                                Location: Slovenia
                                Age: 21
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 3,572
                                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
                                Is it already possible to change the font in FR/LG?
                                __________________
                                  #10144    
                                Old July 1st, 2009 (7:12 AM).
                                Logan's Avatar
                                Logan Logan is offline
                                • Discord Moderoid
                                • Platinum Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2008
                                Location: Salisbury, England
                                Age: 22
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Sassy
                                Posts: 9,812
                                Yeah it is, in tile molester I think :\ I can't entirely remember, take a whack at asking Zeikku. He has fully incorporated a font hack in LC.
                                __________________
                                Wait, I saw bare kicks, saw bare clothes
                                Said psyduck that, I can't wear those
                                I don't like them, they're not my ting
                                They went silent, they're all weirdos
                                  #10145    
                                Old July 1st, 2009 (7:19 AM).
                                Gamewhale's Avatar
                                Gamewhale Gamewhale is offline
                                lol --
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2007
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Jolly
                                  Posts: 51
                                  I'm trying to add more trainers to my Ruby hack using A-Trainer, but when I edit the trainer amount and then go into the game and battle a trainer that was already there (not a new one that I have created), the game displays the trainer class and then a whole lot of random text shows up and the game crashes (so therefore I can't battle any trainer). Is there a way to fix this?
                                  __________________

                                    #10146    
                                  Old July 1st, 2009 (8:06 AM).
                                  PlatniumPiano's Avatar
                                  PlatniumPiano PlatniumPiano is offline
                                  You are now breathing manually
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2008
                                    Location: Yesterday
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Lax
                                    Posts: 480
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by HackMew View Post
                                    unLZ keeps the palette and sprites list cached into the ROMName.gba.spr and ROMName.gba.pal files. Make sure to close the ROM and delete them both. Then load the ROM again with unLZ.
                                    Thank you for the help! But now I have another problem with that. Every trainer sprites behind Steven's is now 1040. And all of them look fine in game (and a little better in unLZ), but steven still looks like this:
                                    Spoiler:

                                    And still wierd looking in unLZ. I tried importing steven again, and guess what? I'm back to square one.

                                    This is making me think that my ROM is corrupted... am I wrong?
                                    __________________

                                    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
                                      #10147    
                                    Old July 1st, 2009 (8:20 AM).
                                    HackMew's Avatar
                                    HackMew HackMew is offline
                                    Mewtwo Strikes Back
                                    • Crystal Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jun 2006
                                    Posts: 1,314
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Gamewhale View Post
                                    I'm trying to add more trainers to my Ruby hack using A-Trainer, but when I edit the trainer amount and then go into the game and battle a trainer that was already there (not a new one that I have created), the game displays the trainer class and then a whole lot of random text shows up and the game crashes (so therefore I can't battle any trainer). Is there a way to fix this?
                                    The only way to fix it is to wait for a new A-Trainer, since that bug has been reported (and fixed) already. Basically a few pointers to the trainer names weren't repointed causing the random text or whatever. I guess you don't want to go through the trouble of finding and repointing them by yourself, isn't it?


                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by JohnPaulJones View Post
                                    Thank you for the help! But now I have another problem with that. Every trainer sprites behind Steven's is now 1040. And all of them look fine in game (and a little better in unLZ), but steven still looks like this:
                                    Spoiler:

                                    And still wierd looking in unLZ. I tried importing steven again, and guess what? I'm back to square one.

                                    This is making me think that my ROM is corrupted... am I wrong?
                                    Is the Auto abort enabled?
                                    __________________
                                      #10148    
                                    Old July 1st, 2009 (9:49 AM).
                                    PlatniumPiano's Avatar
                                    PlatniumPiano PlatniumPiano is offline
                                    You are now breathing manually
                                       
                                      Join Date: Dec 2008
                                      Location: Yesterday
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Lax
                                      Posts: 480
                                      Auto abort is enabled. I took it off and it worked, but I'mna put it on again. But unLZ just aborts it then, so how do I put it in?
                                      __________________

                                      If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
                                        #10149    
                                      Old July 1st, 2009 (11:36 AM).
                                      Yummeh.Strawberriez's Avatar
                                      Yummeh.Strawberriez Yummeh.Strawberriez is offline
                                      Mapper/OW Spriter (:
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2009
                                        Location: Littleroot Town Ftw
                                        Nature: Jolly
                                        Posts: 10
                                        Hey i was wondering if someone could help me out, I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but i figure this seemed best.

                                        I'd like to know if anybody has made a WORKING Rombase of Kyledoves DPPt tiles, because i have looked around a lot, and the closest i can find is one that has messed up door animations.
                                        But the main problem is that NONE of the supposed kyledove have the interior tiles?
                                        It's quite irritating, i would insert them myself and palette edit them myself, but i am shocking at inserting tiles, i fail epically..
                                        Overall i really would like my hack to have the full kyledove DPPt style tiles, the buildings, the trees, grass, and especcially interior.
                                        But i cannot find a thing.
                                        And maybe if there isn't one, i was wondering if someone could insert them? I would of course give credit etc.
                                        Any help would be appreciated an insane amount, i would be extremely grateful.
                                        Thankyou in advance,
                                        George.
                                        __________________
                                        Pokémon Rhenic/Poptart Creator (:

                                        Happy to help anyone in need of a mapper/OW Spriter.
                                          #10150    
                                        Old July 1st, 2009 (12:36 PM).
                                        HackMew's Avatar
                                        HackMew HackMew is offline
                                        Mewtwo Strikes Back
                                        • Crystal Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2006
                                        Posts: 1,314
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by JohnPaulJones View Post
                                        Auto abort is enabled. I took it off and it worked, but I'mna put it on again. But unLZ just aborts it then, so how do I put it in?
                                        You never, really never have to disable that option. Instead, you have to repoint the image you want to insert somewhere else by finding a free space area and putting the offset you found in the Image Offset when importing it into unLZ, making sure to have "Automatically fix pointers" enabled. To fix your screwed up ROM, see my tutorial in the Documents and Tutorial section, HackMew's Knowledge. The link is in my sig.
                                        __________________
                                        Closed Thread
                                        Quick Reply

                                        Sponsored Links
                                        Thread Tools

                                        Posting Rules
                                        You may not post new threads
                                        You may not post replies
                                        You may not post attachments
                                        You may not edit your posts

                                        BB code is On
                                        Smilies are On
                                        [IMG] code is On
                                        HTML code is Off

                                        Forum Jump


                                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:55 PM.