• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Nice maps, but there's something about Alderford I don't like... Near the bottom, the road goes over a ledge. Not only does that look a bit strange, why would somebody build a road on both sides of a ledge, if it's only going to be used one way? Roads are supposed to be for the public to use; I don't think they would want a ledge in the middle of the road, especially young children and old people.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
And that is the entrance of Larix Cave, am I correct?
Wow, the tiles seem so fresh. And you don't bother with any mapping tutorials, you map just the way you feel. I like that!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
And that is the entrance of Larix Cave, am I correct?
Wow, the tiles seem so fresh. And you don't bother with any mapping tutorials, you map just the way you feel. I like that!
Yes, I believe that is the entrance to Larix Cave in Larix Gardens. If it isn't, then I don't know what it is. :P
I've never heard of anyone who maps with mapping tutorials, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, great Alderford City and Larix Gardens maps! They're simply astounding! I love the new tiles, and I quickly and easily noticed the Alistair tiles in Larix Gardens. Very good job with the mapping, Fangking. And good luck.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2010
I absolutely love the garden. I like the idea of the sort of bridge surrounded by water.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
it would be nice if people would stop posting so much crap on the internet that isn,t true about this game then i would,nt ask these questions on the release date :!

Just read the first post. Does it say ANYTHING about it being out?!

95% of questions can be answered by the first post alone.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Yes, I believe that is the entrance to Larix Cave in Larix Gardens. If it isn't, then I don't know what it is. :P
I've never heard of anyone who maps with mapping tutorials, but I could be wrong.
That's no what I meant to say.
What I meant to say is that someone that would be for example in Scrapbox in the ROM Hacking section, everybody would say the nap is bad. "There's no natural mapping", idk. But this game is so great that nobody would dare to say that, same with mods/admins' hacks/games.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
HOLY CRAP IT'S UP!

I have a site account, but I'd forgotten about Acanthite. It's been awhile. :P

I can't wait to start playing this (though I must admit that I'm still sore about you ditching the original Grass starter; the seed that turned into the really cool, evil-looking tree thing in favor of another Grass/Poison). Thanks for the PC notice or I never would have known.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Hey everyone :)

This is an important announcement on behalf of the project that will document the requirements of the project for the immediate future. These requirements are solely for the game and not the subsidiary projects such as the TCG. I've elected to make this public so that if a non-staff member feels able to contribute something, they can.

For the Pokémon design team, we need:

1. Finished designs for all demo Pokémon (comfy_cushion in charge):

No. 1 FRONDILO
No. 2 JUNGILO
No. 3 DILOPHRILL
No. 4 KINDLEJOU
No. 5 COATOAST
No. 6 SOLACCOON
No. 7 REPTIDE
No. 8 IGUAQUA
No. 9 TIDALISK
No. 10 JERBOUND
No. 11 VANITAIL
No. 12 CUSCURL
No. 13 FEROSSUM

No. 16 FELBIN
No. 17 KESTRAWK

No. 20 GRUBBLE
No. 21 MASKIT
No. 22 CINNAMOTH
No. 23 HELMITE
No. 24 ARMAPILL
No. 25 SYMPHOLY
No. 26 FULQUIEM
No. 27 GOBLEAF
No. 28 BEAUTEPPE

No. 30 NINBLE

No. 34 RABBAIR
No. 35 BUNNIGUST

No. 37 BANGTLE
No. 38 BOOMBEET

No. 43 PICOWATT
No. 44 WOODRILL
No. 45 TERAZECKER
No. 46 LIQUA

No. 60 BOULDON
No. 61 JABADON

No. 63 PUPUNCH
No. 64 LIMBASH

No. 72 BOUQUAIL
No. 73 AEROMA
No. 74 BURMY CYBER CLOAK

No. 77 STERMIT
No. 78 ESCARGOO
No. 79 MOOMOO

No. 84 THUNDULL
No. 85 CANIBREE
No. 86 NEUTROULE
No. 87 PROTROHM

No. 89 CROOPIE

No. 103 MISSINGNO.

No. 105 NETTRAP

No. 110 PORYGON-X3

2. Front and back battle sprites for all the demo Pokémon (KangasKid is taking on this responsibility alone for consistency):

No. 1 FRONDILO
No. 2 JUNGILO
No. 3 DILOPHRILL
No. 4 KINDLEJOU
No. 5 COATOAST
No. 6 SOLACCOON
No. 7 REPTIDE
No. 8 IGUAQUA
No. 9 TIDALISK
No. 10 JERBOUND
No. 11 VANITAIL
No. 12 CUSCURL
No. 13 FEROSSUM
No. 14 POOCHYENA
No. 15 MIGHTYENA
No. 16 FELBIN
No. 17 KESTRAWK
No. 18 HOOTHOOT
No. 19 NOCTOWL
No. 20 GRUBBLE
No. 21 MASKIT
No. 22 CINNAMOTH
No. 23 HELMITE
No. 24 ARMAPILL
No. 25 SYMPHOLY
No. 26 FULQUIEM
No. 27 GOBLEAF
No. 28 BEAUTEPPE

No. 30 NINBLE

No. 32 SHROOMISH
No. 33 BRELOOM
No. 34 RABBAIR
No. 35 BUNNIGUST

No. 37 BANGTLE
No. 38 BOOMBEET

No. 40 BUDEW
No. 41 ROSELIA

No. 43 PICOWATT
No. 44 WOODRILL
No. 45 TERAZECKER
No. 46 LIQUA (Front only)

No. 49 AZURILL (Front only)
No. 50 MARILL (Front only)

No. 52 MAGIKARP
No. 53 GYARADOS
No. 54 ZUBAT
No. 55 GOLBAT
No. 56 CROBAT
No. 57 GEODUDE
No. 58 GRAVELER

No. 60 BOULDON
No. 61 JABADON

No. 63 PUPUNCH
No. 64 LIMBASH

No. 66 ABRA
No. 67 KADABRA

No. 69 BELLSPROUT
No. 70 WEEPINBELL

No. 72 BOUQUAIL
No. 73 AEROMA
No. 74 BURMY

No. 77 STERMIT
No. 78 ESCARGOO
No. 79 MOOMOO
No. 80 MILTANK
No. 81 TAUROS
No. 82 PONYTA
No. 83 RAPIDASH
No. 84 THUNDULL
No. 85 CANIBREE
No. 86 NEUTROULE
No. 87 PROTROHM

No. 89 CROOPIE

No. 91 MEOWTH
No. 92 PERSIAN
No. 93 KOFFING
No. 94 WEEZING
No. 95 GRIMER
No. 96 MUK
No. 97 MAGNEMITE
No. 98 MAGNETON

No. 100 VOLTORB
No. 101 ELECTRODE

No. 103 MISSINGNO. (Front only)

No. 105 NETTRAP (Front only)

No. 107 PORYGON (Front only)

No. 110 PORYGON-X3 (Front only)

3. Animated menu icons for the following:

No. 1 FRONDILO
No. 2 JUNGILO
No. 3 DILOPHRILL
No. 4 KINDLEJOU
No. 5 COATOAST
No. 6 SOLACCOON
No. 7 REPTIDE
No. 8 IGUAQUA
No. 9 TIDALISK
No. 10 JERBOUND
No. 11 VANITAIL
No. 12 CUSCURL
No. 13 FEROSSUM

No. 16 FELBIN
No. 17 KESTRAWK

No. 20 GRUBBLE
No. 21 MASKIT
No. 22 CINNAMOTH
No. 23 HELMITE
No. 24 ARMAPILL
No. 25 SYMPHOLY
No. 26 FULQUIEM
No. 27 GOBLEAF
No. 28 BEAUTEPPE

No. 30 NINBLE

No. 34 RABBAIR
No. 35 BUNNIGUST

No. 37 BANGTLE
No. 38 BOOMBEET

No. 43 PICOWATT
No. 44 WOODRILL
No. 45 TERAZECKER

No. 60 BOULDON
No. 61 JABADON

No. 63 PUPUNCH
No. 64 LIMBASH

No. 72 BOUQUAIL
No. 73 AEROMA

No. 77 STERMIT
No. 78 ESCARGOO
No. 79 MOOMOO

No. 84 THUNDULL
No. 85 CANIBREE
No. 86 NEUTROULE
No. 87 PROTROHM

No. 89 CROOPIE

For the Trainer designs, we need....

1. A design for one or two Team Rocket administrators.

2. In-battle Trainer sprites of the following:

Kamon (front and rear)
Kiren
Magnus
Fiona (front and rear if possible)
Duncan
Argus
Aforementioned Team Rocket admins.
DPt style Team Rocket Grunts
Hippie male x2
Hippie female x2

Edits are not acceptable.

3. Overworld sprites for the above, and Professor Willow, in DPt style.

For the overworld graphics team,

1. Building tiles! Specifically for Mezereon City. See the old reference image for an idea of what we still need.
http://www.pokemonacanthite.com/images/maps/MezereonCity.png
It's mainly the big buildings ;)

2. Interior tiles. Pretty desperate for these. Interiors of houses in towns/cities up to Mezereon City, the first three gyms (Magnus, Fiona, Duncan), the observatory in Alderford city, farm house in Hollybuck Town, Aspen Co. building, Broadcasting Station, Mall, Town Hall, PokéBall Factory....

3. Maps for the above. That's my responsibility once the tiles are ready.

Coding... argh!!

Reputation script. Done :)

1. Expedition Battle System for Sunrise Island

2. Restructuring of the in game menus and interfaces (bag, Pokégear, Pokédex, battle system, PC - these will require some new graphics also).

If we all pull together, we can get this done. But we've been getting too slow and we need to stop the rot. Again.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

You need Rocket Grunt overworlds in DP form?
PM me and I can give you some I made a while back :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Hmm seems like everybody wants to beg for a demo but they go runnin when they see the game needs help.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Woah, that is alot of stuff you need. Sorry I can't help.

Bear in mind that a lot of things on those lists are already done - our most dire situations are the trainer sprites, animated menu icons for the Pokémon, and interior tiles (for which we have more help now, woop!). Everything else is under control. Comfy Cushion is handling designs, KangasKid18 as usual is handling the Pokémon sprites and we have a lot of them done already :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Hoo boy, Acanthite. This project just keeps on going, somehow... I can't believe it.

...Say, I dunno if you check the other projects at this forum Fangking, but d'you know Pokemon Malachite? It folded not too long ago (although it's coming back), and that was because the spriters (and there were many of them) felt like they were being pressurred too much and quit, taking all their sprites with them. Looking at this project, and your massive list of fakemon that need both front and back sprites, and the sole spriter that will be saddled with all this, you're either going to be delayed to the point of complete stalling or you'll have Kangaskid up and quit on you, destroying everything you've done so far.

You've got brilliant spriter after brilliant spriter lined up, waiting to help out. Rather than stick with just one "for consistency," divvy up the work between the other, perfectly competent spriters who can emulate his style fine. That way, you'll get the work done twice as fast. Otherwise, work on the game will slow to a snails' pace until either all interest has been lost or all your staff have graduated to college already. Drop the "professional" guise for a second and make some sacrifices in order to finally get something done.

...My two cents; I'm not telling you how to run your game (that's your choice), I'm just calling it how I see it.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Hoo boy, Acanthite. This project just keeps on going, somehow... I can't believe it.

...Say, I dunno if you check the other projects at this forum Fangking, but d'you know Pokemon Malachite? It folded not too long ago (although it's coming back), and that was because the spriters (and there were many of them) felt like they were being pressurred too much and quit, taking all their sprites with them. Looking at this project, and your massive list of fakemon that need both front and back sprites, and the sole spriter that will be saddled with all this, you're either going to be delayed to the point of complete stalling or you'll have Kangaskid up and quit on you, destroying everything you've done so far.

You've got brilliant spriter after brilliant spriter lined up, waiting to help out. Rather than stick with just one "for consistency," divvy up the work between the other, perfectly competent spriters who can emulate his style fine. That way, you'll get the work done twice as fast. Otherwise, work on the game will slow to a snails' pace until either all interest has been lost or all your staff have graduated to college already. Drop the "professional" guise for a second and make some sacrifices in order to finally get something done.

...My two cents; I'm not telling you how to run your game (that's your choice), I'm just calling it how I see it.
You've just summed up all of my thoughts, ZephyrPlusle. I agree 100%. I haven't really understood why there was only a single spriter, Kangaskid, taking the role of spriting the entire Pokémon Acanthite Pokédex (although you have said it's to keep that spriter's style), while there are many others who are perfectly capable of emulating another's spriting styles almost exactly and precisely.

As for the Pokémon Malachite comparison, I also agree with you. I'd say Acanthite is possibly more pressuring (because it is also a larger, more respected and publicly known Pokémon fan game), and I don't trust that a single person would sprite the entire Pokédex straight without developing some sort of mental disease. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back