• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Just copy the behaviour byte of the for the cave tile and put it on your tile...

...hope this helps

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sort of a random question but how would you delete ALL of the scripts in a ROM to free up space?

EDIT: Another stupid question: I would like to make a ROM Hacking tool. Where could I find help with this? (probably going to need HEX in order to do this (need to learn this))
yes you right'if you want to do it also for your hack choose 01 at background byte add grass pokemon's click save and you're done!
also I really need help with my first question....

Chileno4Live

«Step into the light with me.»
Years
I have a problem regarding a script i made myself. The script works fine. What it does: It prevents you to go to ROUTE 1 if you don't have a pokemon. That works. if you step on 1 of the script tiles, he'll walk to you and tell you a story and then you take a step back, and he walks back. However, the problem is, if i am close to that guy, and i open the start menu and open the pokemon menu, for example andd then get out of the pokemon menu, suddenly i'm the guy who's preventing me from walking to ROUTE 1. So i've become a different character X__X. How do i fix this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
yes you right'if you want to do it also for your hack choose 01 at background byte add grass pokemon's click save and you're done!
also I really need help with my first question....

If you mean for D/P, you can use PPRE.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
Oh OK.
So do you know anything about thenewpoketext?
Is there a guide for it anywhere?
Whenever I try to edit something it never saves.

EDIT: I think it must have had something to do with me using Platinum, when I used Diamond, it worked fine.

Last edited:

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Sort of a random question but how would you delete ALL of the scripts in a ROM to free up space?

Well, that can be done, but it might corrupt the game. You see, some offsets are used in different things, like sprites, pictures, item descriptions, etc.

If you still wanna do that, then start from Offset 000001 and goto FFFFFF, deleting any scripts you find along the way.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
How do you make patch file out a of pokemon diamond hack?

EDIT: I tried to make one using NUPS, and the patch file came out as about 65,119kb.
The original diamond I have is 65,636kb. And the modified one is 59,735kb.

Is that how it's supposed to be?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
When I edit the text in diamond, I do the code for the player's name to come up ("\v0103\x0001\x0000") and it worked the first time, in the introduction bit.
When I use it again though, in the bedroom, it comes up with nothing, just the text I had after the code.
How can I fix this?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Im inserting this sprite over chickorita's in a fire red rom.
chi.png

But this is the outcome.
chib.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
It's seem the file size is too big and you are un-clicking auto abort. Re-click it then repoint the offset.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Searched for and not found answered or asked.

How do you import and export tile sets via AdvanceMap 1.92? Its really driving me nuts o:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Block Editor ---> Save tileset1 or 2/Load tileset 1 or 2. Tileset 1 is the main tileset and 2 is the secondary set.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
How would I change charizard's cry at the title screen to rayquaza? Every titlescreen cry editor only goes up to the johto pokemon. Also Where would i find a good tut on hex editing? I want to fully understand hex so i could make a breath taking hack.

My question was skipped...

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
If you had a back-up open that, if you had the original FR tiles re-import them from a clean ROM.

Well I had a back up of FR and yet it still appears that I am using the tileset from the last FR ROM. And I tried getting a new AdvanceMap, yet it still lingers.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
could somone tell me how to make a banner 4 my hack it would mean alot!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
There was a banner making program that made nice little banners with the special font it had, but you can make a banner easily in MS Paint or Photoshop...

ummm...what about userbars? like this:

starters.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back