Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

View Poll Results: Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?
Designer, yes! (Contact me) 53 24.54%
Spriter, yes! (Contact me) 31 14.35%
Both! (Contact me) 14 6.48%
Nope! 118 54.63%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old July 20th, 2009 (7:52 AM).
~Kian~'s Avatar
~Kian~ ~Kian~ is offline
Spriter In The Making
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: ENGLAND ^.^
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 701
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kitsukitty View Post
    Thanks, but would help more if you came for suggestions or asked questions, or explained why you like it. That way we can excel!
    And if your interested, you may want to subscribe or put the banner on your signature. Thank you.



    Well there's no garuntee that a fakemon not made by a designer will make it to the game. Please note that I will use kind critism on your work.

    Well, overall they're not very good for the game. When you make fakemon, you need to make them unique. Not to be rude, but your fakemon don't have enough uniqueness! What I mean is that it doesn't look very special. Remember to add markings and parts that aren't usually on that regular animal.



    Thank you! Yes, the key to making Pokémon is to always make it unique!



    If you are creative enough, I may approve you to be a designer. Please don't beg me to though. (It's sorta happened before)
    If you're any good at sprites, I'd love to see them. I'm still looking for good spriters.
    i wasnt aware i was begging i was only seeing if i could draw anything no worries i dont mind thanks though
    __________________

    'tyranilacegon'
    Made By The Mystery Egg,
    Please visit his Fusion thread.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #52    
    Old July 20th, 2009 (8:50 AM).
    Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
    Nyu~♥! Nyu~♥! is offline
    Pokémon Opal Producer
       
      Join Date: Jun 2009
      Location: Somewhere!
      Age: 21
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Gentle
      Posts: 485
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by pokekingkian View Post
      i wasnt aware i was begging i was only seeing if i could draw anything no worries i dont mind thanks though
      No, I didn't say you were begging! I was just saying since your fakemon were turned down. I just didn't want you to come back consecutively because it's sorta happened before.
      __________________
      Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

        #53    
      Old July 20th, 2009 (9:53 AM).
      ~Kian~'s Avatar
      ~Kian~ ~Kian~ is offline
      Spriter In The Making
         
        Join Date: Jul 2009
        Location: ENGLAND ^.^
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 701
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by kitsukitty View Post
        No, I didn't say you were begging! I was just saying since your fakemon were turned down. I just didn't want you to come back consecutively because it's sorta happened before.
        kk i wont im not that pathetic just thought id give making fakemon a shot
        __________________

        'tyranilacegon'
        Made By The Mystery Egg,
        Please visit his Fusion thread.
          #54    
        Old July 20th, 2009 (10:33 AM).
        Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
        Nyu~♥! Nyu~♥! is offline
        Pokémon Opal Producer
           
          Join Date: Jun 2009
          Location: Somewhere!
          Age: 21
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Gentle
          Posts: 485
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by pokekingkian View Post
          kk i wont im not that pathetic just thought id give making fakemon a shot
          Well I didn't say you were pathetic... I wouldn't tell anyone that, that's not what I meant. Unless you're comparing to the people who beg.
          It's ok to give it a shot.
          __________________
          Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

            #55    
          Old July 20th, 2009 (10:40 AM).
          ~Kian~'s Avatar
          ~Kian~ ~Kian~ is offline
          Spriter In The Making
             
            Join Date: Jul 2009
            Location: ENGLAND ^.^
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 701
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by kitsukitty View Post
            Well I didn't say you were pathetic... I wouldn't tell anyone that, that's not what I meant. Unless you're comparing to the people who beg.
            It's ok to give it a shot.
            i know your politer than me its just in my opinion if someone begs and begs to sprite/design is a bit pathetic. o wel dont worry not really boverd to do it good luck with the rest the the game
            __________________

            'tyranilacegon'
            Made By The Mystery Egg,
            Please visit his Fusion thread.
              #56    
            Old July 20th, 2009 (10:42 AM).
            Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
            Nyu~♥! Nyu~♥! is offline
            Pokémon Opal Producer
               
              Join Date: Jun 2009
              Location: Somewhere!
              Age: 21
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Gentle
              Posts: 485
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by pokekingkian View Post
              i know your politer than me its just in my opinion if someone begs and begs to sprite/design is a bit pathetic. o wel dont worry not really boverd to do it good luck with the rest the the game
              Oh yes it is pathetic actually. XD
              Thank you. Feel free to ask any questions or something about the game here so this thread can stay alive!
              __________________
              Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

                #57    
              Old July 20th, 2009 (10:59 AM).
              ~Kian~'s Avatar
              ~Kian~ ~Kian~ is offline
              Spriter In The Making
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2009
                Location: ENGLAND ^.^
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quirky
                Posts: 701
                thats one thing i can help with lol
                __________________

                'tyranilacegon'
                Made By The Mystery Egg,
                Please visit his Fusion thread.
                  #58    
                Old July 20th, 2009 (11:04 AM).
                Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
                Nyu~♥! Nyu~♥! is offline
                Pokémon Opal Producer
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2009
                  Location: Somewhere!
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Gentle
                  Posts: 485
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by pokekingkian View Post
                  thats one thing i can help with lol
                  Yes please do. XD
                  I want more people to see the game, so tell your friends too!
                  __________________
                  Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

                    #59    
                  Old July 20th, 2009 (7:45 PM).
                  Freak A's Avatar
                  Freak A Freak A is offline
                  Back !!!
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2008
                    Nature: Bold
                    Posts: 302
                    well finally on the third page kitty well don and i will be back in a short while so stay tuned
                    __________________
                    If you aint doin anythin you could view my blog: twinkietalks.blogspot.com


                    and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
                      #60    
                    Old July 20th, 2009 (8:34 PM).
                    Zenite's Avatar
                    Zenite Zenite is offline
                    the Pokemon Trainer
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 36
                      So are you working on the male OW trainer, or is someone doing that already? I'm still a beginner in OW so I'm not trying to ask for any work (yet) but I am just curious. I like the Female Trainer btw. If I can ever get back into practicing spriting I will help. Good luck with your project
                      __________________

                        #61    
                      Old July 21st, 2009 (7:11 AM).
                      Ty 101's Avatar
                      Ty 101 Ty 101 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                        Posts: 526
                        The fakemon need a little work but, other than that it is good.
                        __________________
                        Pokemon Forest of Secrets Creator.
                        Currently in the Drawing Board
                          #62    
                        Old July 21st, 2009 (7:32 AM).
                        Freak A's Avatar
                        Freak A Freak A is offline
                        Back !!!
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2008
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 302
                          you are saying the fakemon need work in a fakemon based game well tht is true critic
                          __________________
                          If you aint doin anythin you could view my blog: twinkietalks.blogspot.com


                          and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
                            #63    
                          Old July 21st, 2009 (7:47 AM).
                          Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
                          Nyu~♥! Nyu~♥! is offline
                          Pokémon Opal Producer
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2009
                            Location: Somewhere!
                            Age: 21
                            Gender: Female
                            Nature: Gentle
                            Posts: 485
                            Quote:
                            well finally on the third page kitty well don and i will be back in a short while so stay tuned
                            Oh really? lol. I missed you.. XD

                            Quote:
                            So are you working on the male OW trainer, or is someone doing that already? I'm still a beginner in OW so I'm not trying to ask for any work (yet) but I am just curious. I like the Female Trainer btw. If I can ever get back into practicing spriting I will help. Good luck with your project
                            Well, the sprites in the screens are just prototypes taken staright from the starter kit. So right now the male is just the standard male that comes with the game. I'd love for you to make the OW sprites if you turn out good enough.

                            Quote:
                            The fakemon need a little work but, other than that it is good.
                            Well there really is no way to rate a fakemon(unless it's very boring and un-unique...).
                            Because you can't rate them all on just one thing, you really can't say anything, except the fact that they're all made in different styles.
                            __________________
                            Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

                              #64    
                            Old July 21st, 2009 (11:53 AM).
                            ~Kian~'s Avatar
                            ~Kian~ ~Kian~ is offline
                            Spriter In The Making
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2009
                              Location: ENGLAND ^.^
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 701
                              hi kits i know ive tried fakemon before its just i looked at a guide and have tried shading and i think it looks ok im not really asking you to put it in the game i just wanted some feedback and i think your the best person to give it 2 me thanks

                              http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac78/kian12652/lasttryatfakemon.jpg
                              __________________

                              'tyranilacegon'
                              Made By The Mystery Egg,
                              Please visit his Fusion thread.
                                #65    
                              Old July 21st, 2009 (4:22 PM).
                              Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
                              Nyu~♥! Nyu~♥! is offline
                              Pokémon Opal Producer
                                 
                                Join Date: Jun 2009
                                Location: Somewhere!
                                Age: 21
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Gentle
                                Posts: 485
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by pokekingkian View Post
                                hi kits i know ive tried fakemon before its just i looked at a guide and have tried shading and i think it looks ok im not really asking you to put it in the game i just wanted some feedback and i think your the best person to give it 2 me thanks

                                http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac78/kian12652/lasttryatfakemon.jpg
                                Ok.
                                I'll give it to you the nicest way I can...

                                Well to be honest I think your other ones were better. Which guide did you use?
                                And the shading looks more like markings, (like how a pikachu has brown on it's tail). When you make shading it should be about the dimensions, not the outlines. And I know shading isn't always easy. And I can't really tell if it's supposed to be a sprite or not because it's very small! Anyway, I don't think it'll make it to the game.

                                You might want to download something like GIMP, it's totally free and it's just like photoshop. I also just made a tutorial for it.
                                __________________
                                Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

                                  #66    
                                Old July 21st, 2009 (6:44 PM).
                                Freak A's Avatar
                                Freak A Freak A is offline
                                Back !!!
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2008
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 302
                                  hey dont be that harsh on him i think its a good pic just needs a bit work but its not worth bashing him just tell him to try again
                                  __________________
                                  If you aint doin anythin you could view my blog: twinkietalks.blogspot.com


                                  and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
                                    #67    
                                  Old July 22nd, 2009 (3:45 AM).
                                  ~Kian~'s Avatar
                                  ~Kian~ ~Kian~ is offline
                                  Spriter In The Making
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2009
                                    Location: ENGLAND ^.^
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Quirky
                                    Posts: 701
                                    thanks u2

                                    um the guide i used is http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-32291.html

                                    for paint

                                    ive made a fire type but if you didnt like this one theres no point showing this one o well

                                    i might try that program you used and give it a shot

                                    thanks
                                    __________________

                                    'tyranilacegon'
                                    Made By The Mystery Egg,
                                    Please visit his Fusion thread.
                                      #68    
                                    Old July 22nd, 2009 (5:57 AM).
                                    Freak A's Avatar
                                    Freak A Freak A is offline
                                    Back !!!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2008
                                      Nature: Bold
                                      Posts: 302
                                      well you could try it though its a very hard to use programme
                                      __________________
                                      If you aint doin anythin you could view my blog: twinkietalks.blogspot.com


                                      and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
                                        #69    
                                      Old July 22nd, 2009 (8:41 AM).
                                      Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
                                      Nyu~♥! Nyu~♥! is offline
                                      Pokémon Opal Producer
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2009
                                        Location: Somewhere!
                                        Age: 21
                                        Gender: Female
                                        Nature: Gentle
                                        Posts: 485
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Freak A View Post
                                        hey dont be that harsh on him i think its a good pic just needs a bit work but its not worth bashing him just tell him to try again
                                        Freak, I'm not bashing him!
                                        I'm giving him critique, which is just kindly telling someone, honestly how their work is. I didn't say "your art sucks," did I? No, I was telling him what he needed to work on. Bashing and critique are very different. If I was bashing I'd say "Your art needs alot of work" or "it sucks"... something mean like that. Critique always sounds rude somehow, but that's not the point of it...

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by pokekingkian View Post
                                        thanks u2

                                        um the guide i used is http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-32291.html

                                        for paint

                                        ive made a fire type but if you didnt like this one theres no point showing this one o well

                                        i might try that program you used and give it a shot

                                        thanks
                                        Okay. GIMP is very good, work with it some and I'm sure you'll breakthrough.
                                        That tutorial isn't too good... But it is for beginners. You may want to check Wichu's Spriting Tutorial. But it is good to just start from the basics.

                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Freak A View Post
                                        well you could try it though its a very hard to use programme
                                        Not really... Most Paint users will find it hard at first because GIMP has so many features, but that's what makes it much better. And I don't think he came to you for advice... please don't tell him things like that, it can be ovewhelming. You just have to practice with it first and you'll get used to it...
                                        __________________
                                        Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

                                          #70    
                                        Old July 22nd, 2009 (10:31 AM).
                                        ~Kian~'s Avatar
                                        ~Kian~ ~Kian~ is offline
                                        Spriter In The Making
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2009
                                          Location: ENGLAND ^.^
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Quirky
                                          Posts: 701
                                          well ive downloaded it and will give it a try wish me luck

                                          thanks kian
                                          __________________

                                          'tyranilacegon'
                                          Made By The Mystery Egg,
                                          Please visit his Fusion thread.
                                            #71    
                                          Old July 22nd, 2009 (11:06 AM).
                                          Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
                                          Nyu~♥! Nyu~♥! is offline
                                          Pokémon Opal Producer
                                             
                                            Join Date: Jun 2009
                                            Location: Somewhere!
                                            Age: 21
                                            Gender: Female
                                            Nature: Gentle
                                            Posts: 485
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by pokekingkian View Post
                                            well ive downloaded it and will give it a try wish me luck

                                            thanks kian
                                            okay.
                                            Erm call me kitty, kitsu, or Kiki. XD
                                            Good luck with it.
                                            __________________
                                            Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

                                              #72    
                                            Old July 22nd, 2009 (11:14 AM).
                                            Deoxys55's Avatar
                                            Deoxys55 Deoxys55 is offline
                                            Deoxys Collector
                                               
                                              Join Date: Feb 2004
                                              Location: Chillin' with my Deoxys
                                              Age: 24
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 1,820
                                              Just out of curiousity, what was Mimibud supposed to look like/be inspired by? Or was it just something you came up with? It doesn't look like anything I've seen before. =3

                                              Anyway good luck with the game, making 150 new pokemon is going to be challenging, but hopefully fun. I'm working on completing about 90 of them with my sisters, and we have a lot of ideas that we might not use. So assuming that I don't get swamped with work when school starts, I wouldn't mind helping design new pokemon for you.

                                              And on an almost completely unrelated note, I love opals. o3o
                                              __________________
                                              मेरा नाम रेचल है.

                                                #73    
                                              Old July 22nd, 2009 (11:15 AM).
                                              Kitsunez's Avatar
                                              Kitsunez Kitsunez is offline
                                              Poke'mon Artist
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jun 2009
                                                Location: Under your bed, no really.
                                                Age: 23
                                                Gender: Female
                                                Nature: Naughty
                                                Posts: 13
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by kitsukitty View Post
                                                okay.
                                                Erm call me kitty, kitsu, or Kiki. XD
                                                Good luck with it.
                                                Hehe
                                                Kitsu, it was a signature. He wasn't calling you that~ Silly.
                                                __________________
                                                  #74    
                                                Old July 22nd, 2009 (11:23 AM).
                                                Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
                                                Nyu~♥! Nyu~♥! is offline
                                                Pokémon Opal Producer
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jun 2009
                                                  Location: Somewhere!
                                                  Age: 21
                                                  Gender: Female
                                                  Nature: Gentle
                                                  Posts: 485
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Deoxys55 View Post
                                                  Just out of curiousity, what was Mimibud supposed to look like/be inspired by? Or was it just something you came up with? It doesn't look like anything I've seen before. =3

                                                  Anyway good luck with the game, making 150 new pokemon is going to be challenging, but hopefully fun. I'm working on completing about 90 of them with my sisters, and we have a lot of ideas that we might not use. So assuming that I don't get swamped with work when school starts, I wouldn't mind helping design new pokemon for you.

                                                  And on an almost completely unrelated note, I love opals. o3o
                                                  Hehehe...
                                                  Mimibud. It wasn't meant to be anything at all. It's just a cute little thing, I guess. I don't remember how I thought it up at all.
                                                  Maybe that's just my hidden artist ability... ^o^

                                                  Yes. It'll be a while. But I think all the Pokémon will be finished by January or February next year... We're going very fast and there's so many designers who want to work for me!

                                                  For you to be a designer you'll need an intermediate artist ability, so you'll have to know how to make shads and shines, and all the basics. So, yup, all those guidelines for the proportionalness! I have to see some examples first. (Because sketches aren't qualifying).
                                                  Keep in mind I will critique your art as nicely as possible. I don't bash... Like someone said I did. <_<

                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Kitsunez View Post
                                                  Hehe
                                                  Kitsu, it was a signature. He wasn't calling you that~ Silly.
                                                  That wasn't his siggy. It's right below where I'm writing. You know, the raw posts.
                                                  __________________
                                                  Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

                                                    #75    
                                                  Old July 22nd, 2009 (11:24 AM).
                                                  ~Kian~'s Avatar
                                                  ~Kian~ ~Kian~ is offline
                                                  Spriter In The Making
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Jul 2009
                                                    Location: ENGLAND ^.^
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Nature: Quirky
                                                    Posts: 701
                                                    no no lol i wasnt calling you kian im called kian

                                                    its like your faithfully kian

                                                    except

                                                    thanks
                                                    kian

                                                    lol
                                                    __________________

                                                    'tyranilacegon'
                                                    Made By The Mystery Egg,
                                                    Please visit his Fusion thread.
                                                    Closed Thread
                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:11 AM.