• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Scrappunk: Recruiting A Music Hacker

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
That is a valley, but it's too uniform. It doesn't look natural. I wouldn't allow a map that uniform inot Frostbite.

And in case you are suspicious of this based on the trend of things, yes, I'm a bit harsh.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Are you wanting to be on the team?
If so, fill out an application (They are easy as hell to do, so it shouldn't take long)

Years
Im not sure if I'll have time to be on a team. I just want to know what you don't like about my map. Once I find out whats going on in my life, which should be in just a few weeks, then I will fill out the app if I'm going to have time for a team. In the mean time I just want to know what you don't like about my map.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
attachment.php

I circled the areas that were too uniform or plain. My main point is that your map is made up of rectangles instead of zigzags and splotches. In nature, theings are splotchy and irregular, canyon walls wind and twist.... this one... is manmade looking.

Your mapping skills are better suited to cities and inside places. You see... I also have qualms with Nintendo's maps. They are always too square or rectangular... too uniform. If you want to see good maps, check out the game Ether Saga. Now THOSE maps are good. Admittedly, they are 3d, but that doesn't make a difference to idealists like me. I know you can do better with the tools at hand.

Years
Ok I see what you are saying. I was trying to make a map similar to that of the maps in the games. Im sure that I could do alot better. Again Im not going to apply yet until I get some stuff figured out.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Is a wee bit better. Still too many straight lines, but you fixed the circled parts nicely. I should post a tutorial about how to make more realistic maps.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
good map its just one thing she missed telling you.

The mountains follow eachother strait and no shape,
try to get the natrualness of the maps.

If you do that then it will be flawless.
also the path when your going down its to strait and skinny
Other than that its good dont worry im sure you can do it.

I was very bored so i decided how to make banners and made one for our team.

EETQQNPRGY.jpg

Last edited:

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
*looks up at Wayne's signature* OKAY fine. I can take a hint. I'll make a better support banner.

Ghost

Years
actually i thought we could use a banner thats all

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Well firemonkey there just isn't the mascot. If you want to use a tool to make a banner, you can use a Tyrogue as the pokemon present, because that is the official starter. I made a banner anyways, just check the starter thread again.

EDIT: OH, I just realized that wasn't your sig... my bad. Well... I prefer homebrew banners to website made ones. I don't want my banner advertising a banner making site. I want it advertising our rom.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
Page 1 of this thread, man. The start of it. I added a spot called banners.

Ghost

Years
sorry i stayed for the last two days s im not all here hahq

and hey why dont you have my name down under members!!

Last edited:

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
I'll fix that, except I'm not sure exactly what you are? You still havent' talked to me on Google Talk. I wanna talk to you in person(sorta in person... in IM anyways) before I make your addition official.

I'm [email protected]

Ghost

Years
WELL I LIVE IN CALIFOrnia so i dont think we can.

and whats your email ill add you.

do you have myspace?

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
I just gave you my email, and of course we can IM. What's your gmail?

Back