• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Do you ever get premonitions or a strong feeling something bad will happen?

Years
Today it happened to me.Before I went to my Martial Arts class I had a strong feeling something bad was going to happen.I was very jittery.My mom then made me go...I told her in the car "I have a bad feeling about this."My mom told me to use me mouth guard.(I never use it as nobody goes for the head.As I was stretching out,I had a short burst of Deja-vu while I was looking at a fellow student...

Later he punched me in the mouth during sparring and I was bleeding out of my mouth & nose.I was very pissed because i'm only a yellow belt and he knows well not to go for the head during some practice sparring.

Share your stories.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
I have Deja Vu like, all the time. O_o
It creeps me out when I go "I like, remember that from somewhere.", but it's like I've never seen it before, though.
Seriously, it like, gives me the chills. ;_;

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
I get deja vu all the time - it's really freaky. It bothers me because I don't believe in things like destiny and stuffs.

I used to be able to tell storms were coming, when I was younger, but I think I was probably just sensitive to air pressure.

Patchy

-
Years
Not usually, but one of my friends used a ouija board, so I'm pretty worried about her. I heard a voice last night telling me she was 'not awake', it might have been my imagination but I hadn't even been thinking about her.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I get deja vu but... everyone does. I got it a LOT last year though so that was really weird. XD; Like once a week at least. Strange.

I'm not superstitious at all, though. I love hearing about stuff like that but I don't believe in any of it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
No premonitions. No deja-vu. The worst that happens is that often my mom and I will say something and then whatever we're watching on TV will say the exact same thing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
... Actually. With inactivity, I seem to get bad feelings about when people will go inactive and normally think about it about a day earlier.

Though normally... positive things occur; such as people doing certain actions and I think about it, it'll happen. Not all the time.. but it's really just... a few months when it's like happening a lot, then nothing I think about happens for the next few months. XD;

So it's like spurts of these thoughts and stuff. o3o;

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2019
Hm, I guess I've kinda had that. I remember my Dad was going to go up a ladder in our garden to fix a bird house thingy, and it was pretty high up. I always think about what bad things might happen and I think I did have a bad feeling about it. I imagined my sister and I holding a blanket out below incase he fell and we could catch him (wouldn't have made a difference, lmao). I went out that day, and when I came back, he was lying down on the sofa because he'd fallen. =/

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
I get major Deja Vu almost all the time. Some of the time I have a very short dream about something happening and then maybe weeks later it actually does, or other times something happens that makes me think "I've done this/seen this before".

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I get repetitive Deja Vu frequently. Sometimes, I feel like I've seen something before. And this feeling happens multiple times in a year. It's kind of abnormal actually. I'm not sure if I should like it or what.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I have Deja Vu like, all the time. O_o
It creeps me out when I go "I like, remember that from somewhere.", but it's like I've never seen it before, though.
Seriously, it like, gives me the chills. ;_;

This. I don't believe in seeing the future, but I suffer the confusion that comes with Deja Vu too much for it to be normal :(

BowtiePenguin

Proud; noble; penguins.
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2009
Sort of, I guess. I like to call it "common sense" and then ignore it. Case in point: A couple days ago, at work - I take my DSi out of my pocket and put it in my bag, then promptly leave the area. I came back to find it had been stolen. Which I should've known would happen. >>;

Deja vu is smething I experience because I don't fully process memories before I ignore them. Then when something vaguely familiar happens, I'm confused and a bit freaked out. I don't know if that makes sense, but I've got an awful migraine so it's the best I can do.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
Years
Hardly any of you have answered the question that the original poster asked. Deja vu is NOT a premonition of sense of danger, deja vu is the feeling of something happening before, the OP wants to know if you have has a feeling of something yet to happen. There is a huge difference between deja vu and premonition guys.

Anyway, I've never had a premonition of such, just your usual every day stuff when things are overly predictable.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
Hardly any of you have answered the question that the original poster asked. Deja vu is NOT a premonition of sense of danger, deja vu is the feeling of something happening before, the OP wants to know if you have has a feeling of something yet to happen. There is a huge difference between deja vu and premonition guys.

Anyway, I've never had a premonition of such, just your usual every day stuff when things are overly predictable.
Deja Vu is a type of premonition, so it is related to the subject at hand.
See Cherii's post below.

Either way, I do get those "bad vibes" every now and then. Not very often, but when I do, usually something minor but related happens.

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
Years
Some theories of why deja vu happens is because some sensory organ acted faster than the other. For example, your eye may have recorded information fractionally faster than the other eye. The other eye views it milliseconds later, seeing the same picture that your first eye saw, which could explain why it seems so familiar. Other theories say that something similar happened in your dreams before (most dreams are forgotten). The rest of the theories use really big words that I never really got around to understanding.

I don't get premonitions very often, or at all actually. I've gotten deja vu only once or twice in my lifetime, and I'm a rather scientific person by nature so I don't trust the theories of psychic power, visions of parallel dimensions, or premonitions.

However, despite being more of a scientific person, I have to say I'm pretty superstitious at times. :x I really look out for signs of bad things to happen. I often believe that if a few minor things that weren't very good happened, I should expect more to come soon. For example, if I want to know if I'll have a good time on _______, then I'd play some one-person game to see if I will or not. But then again, a big part of this stuff is merely psychological. :x

While you are right that Deja Vu is not any type of premonition, it is related to the subject at hand.
Actually, if you believe that this stuff is real, then yes Deja Vu IS a premonition. The premonition already happened, you just didn't notice it. When you are experiencing Deja Vu, then the premonition or prophecy is taking place at that very moment.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I have dream-related deja vu. I'll be in a situation or looking at something in a certain way and think: didn't I dream about that a while ago?

When I get bad feelings about something, they almost always come true. o_o; I'm quite 'perceptive' of things like that, despite the fact I'm not very superstitious.

Back