• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2010
I downloaded the newest version of OWE to make sure that wasn't the problem, but I'm getting a recurring error that occurs when I try to edit a sprite. I imported a different sprite (as you can see, the palettes didn't quite match up), and I had most of the colors I needed in the palette, just in the wrong places, so I edited the sprite to look correct. When I tried to save, I got this error. The ROM isn't open anywhere but OWE, so I don't know what's going on with it.

Also, on a slightly related note, since you have the APE up there and everything.. Is there any way to add a new overworld palette, instead of just changing one? I'd like to use different palettes for custom sprites, but there are only like 7 overworld sprite palettes total, and overwriting one of them ruins half the trainers in the game. :/

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I downloaded the newest version of OWE to make sure that wasn't the problem, but I'm getting a recurring error that occurs when I try to edit a sprite. I imported a different sprite (as you can see, the palettes didn't quite match up), and I had most of the colors I needed in the palette, just in the wrong places, so I edited the sprite to look correct. When I tried to save, I got this error. The ROM isn't open anywhere but OWE, so I don't know what's going on with it.

Also, on a slightly related note, since you have the APE up there and everything.. Is there any way to add a new overworld palette, instead of just changing one? I'd like to use different palettes for custom sprites, but there are only like 7 overworld sprite palettes total, and overwriting one of them ruins half the trainers in the game. :/

It is telling you that the file is already open with another program.
Close any other programs taht are tampering with your ROM, and it should work fine.

And Pokepal, you can change the header with a Hex Editor too, by opening it up and changing the usual BPRE (Or whatever else it usually is, lol)

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
I keep getting this error for OV Editor. Error 55 (File already open). Anyway to fix this.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
I just posted the answer, it is the post above yours.
READ THE DAMN POSTS. Jeez I hate when people do this.

Damn, calm down. My computer wouldn't load up to that post.
It loaded up and kept stopping at the "ROM was tampered with".
If I was able to read that post I wouldn't bother posting.
I can now, so thank you for the help N TEH CAPZ LOCK. lol

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
It is telling you that the file is already open with another program.
Close any other programs taht are tampering with your ROM, and it should work fine.

And Pokepal, you can change the header with a Hex Editor too, by opening it up and changing the usual BPRE (Or whatever else it usually is, lol)

Yeah :P
I would know since I never used RHEA for my hack XD.

killanotha1

Master Nothing
Years
All of these tool are great! In fact, without these I never even would have thought of making my own hack since I suck at hex/scripting. But the only problem I have it in Start Map Chooser Advance, What does it mean by "level/bank"? I've tried just messing with the numbers but I just can't seem to catch a pattern. Any help?

Sorry if this question has already been answered, I searched but I didn't see any questions like this.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen May 9, 2010
The "level/bank" thingy in SMCA controls which map you apear on when you start.
You can find the correct levels/banks using Advance Map.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
HackMew, some of the multichoices in the Appendix segment of the XSE tutorial are incorrect. Can they be corrected please, to make locating multichoices easier. When I have the time I'll send the list of correct multchoices so the guide can be corrected. :P

dragonface

Check out Elite version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
Thank you so much for these tools HACKMEW! i use almoste all of them!

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
I'm trying to open Fire Red english 1.0 with A-Trainer 0.9.0.1, when I open the rom it fills the interface with information from the first trainer and the ROM information in Advance Trainer says the ROM version is 1.0, but gives the error message "Subscript out of range. DrawTile8@modLZ77 Abort | Retry | Ignore"

I checked the ROM is RHEA and it looks okay, what could the problem be?

While I'm here thanks so much for your other apps they all work great :)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I'm trying to open Fire Red english 1.0 with A-Trainer 0.9.0.1, when I open the rom it fills the interface with information from the first trainer and the ROM information in Advance Trainer says the ROM version is 1.0, but gives the error message "Subscript out of range. DrawTile8@modLZ77 Abort | Retry | Ignore"

I checked the ROM is RHEA and it looks okay, what could the problem be?

While I'm here thanks so much for your other apps they all work great :)
As far as I know A-trainer is still a beta. Try using a clean ROM. If you think your ROM is clean try downloading it from another source and seeing if that one works.

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
I'm using a clean ROM, I tried a few different sources and the checksum comes out okay as a fire red 1.0 rom.

Back