• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Azurite Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I have to say, I like the style of the new map quite a bit. Original and it has a good feel to it.

Chronic

Off for the Ultimate Victory!
Years
Well, we've been developing a little bit since my last update, so I'll comment on the latest updates so far:

At last, the 102 New Pokemon list is finished... I may be posting the entire Pokedex, so be sure to check it...

More artwork will be added soon, featuring some early encounters in the game...

Mapping up to the first city, Meadowburg City, has been completed. I'll post the info for each town or city so far... Watch it, as some maps may be huge. Be sure to check it...

Spoiler:

Salwood Town, the very first town you'll see in the game, is a relatively small place, only noted because of the Pokemon Lab it holds (big house at the top-right corner).

Spoiler:

Canevile Town, the crossroads town, is the access point to all the rest of the island. You may need to cross by here more than once.

Spoiler:

Meadowburg City, the first city, has very little attractive, except from the first Gym in the island. The Leader, Grace, is a user of Grass-type Pokemon, but may carry on a small surprise, so be prepared. Once you beat her, she'll give you the Petal Badge, which will allow you to use Cut. (Click to view large one)

Read ya later...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Look real sharp.
I was waitin for an update.
When are you moving this into the showcase?

Chronic

Years
It's good you ask it... Right now, we're having some trouble with most events, so we want to have them solved to get some screens... Then, we'll move to the Games Showcase. Nothing too complicated, just some game play events like the very beginning, so there's something playable at least... Also, I must create some OW sprites to use in the event, so I'm having a nice time... Hehehe.

I'm sure it will not take too long, though...

Read ya later

Chronic

Years
There are updates...

For those who thought this project was dead or about to, well, sorry to disappoint ya, progress never stops... This is a summary of the limited activity we were able to do in this long time:

The Sihma Dex is now complete... So, as a little gift for the watchers, I'll start to reveal, little by little, the Sihma Dex... The links in the names will take you to the OA for each respective Pokemon (you'll have to forgive me, 'cause I have had very little progress in this part this time...) No copying, please...

Section 1 of 6:

Spoiler:

Another update is that we decided to implement the "HGSS 2.0 Tile Style (similar feel tiles, with our unique and distinctive touch...) If this sounds too confusing or makes you think we've got very few creativity, just wait and see the result. I ensure you it'll look... marvelous.

Read ya later...

Last edited:

Chronic

Years
Late, but I was waiting someone to reply on the thread...

Anyway, we've been busy with the graphics, as we're planning to develop the resources as we keep on the planning of the rest of the game (as I told ya earlier, the project is ambitious... really ambitious...) and we obtain some extra free time, 'cause time is proving too few...

Anyway, I've been playing with my creativity, and I came along with this idea:

picture.php
||
picture.php

Yeah... If you haven't already recognize it, that is a Rotom... A special kind of Rotom, which, by the way, will be present in the game... This is because of Rotom's form changing ability. Well, we've expanded the concept: now, Rotom takes over multiple specific objects that may be found anywhere: may it be from a malfunctioning computer to your house's fridge. The system is quite simple: have Rotom at the front of your party, then speak to any of the devices you'll like Rotom to change to, and it's done. Only malfunctioning devices require the use of HM10, of Hack, to be effective.

Currently, we're looking for ideas for the possible transformations, so, if you happen to get one and wish to share it, feel free to do so...

Aside from that, we have something else that we will be showing on next update...

Read ya later...

Last edited:

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
Years
Your mapping is great! I love the way you have the small garden in the middle of Meadowburg city, it is very creative. I hope I will see more of your maps!

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
I love the art on the Fakemon (Although the Fire-Starter creeps me out beyond belief). The maps look great and the Rotom idea is very inivative.

Chronic

Years
Thank ya all for your opinions... Makes us want to to become even better...

Well, new stuff has been added... This time, only mappings, but there has been a massive innovation... I've been working closely with the tiler of the team and created a new mapping style... It is based in the HGSS style, for appearance purposes and because it renders nicer than the DPPt style... All has been done from scratch (except an exception, which I give credit to Kyledove)

Well, here's the test map for the tiles, hope you like it...

207d93d18a673a7649d472ca36bffde4.png

In other stuff, we're looking for people who is interested in helping in the project as general graphist and/or as scripter, as the contact with the actual scripters is gone...

Anyone who wishes to apply, just leave me a VM or a PM...

Read ya later and, once more, thanks for all your support, guys...

Years
If the author of the thread is active and would like to unlock the thread, contact me. Otherwise, there's no reason to be posting here. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back