Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old August 31st, 2009 (11:03 PM).
G Deoxys's Avatar
G Deoxys G Deoxys is offline
Beginner Rom Hacker
     
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Location: Internet
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 21
    ok, i just lost and randomly appeared in Cinnabar Island's Gym?

    Relevant Advertising!

      #252    
    Old September 1st, 2009 (6:04 AM).
    Pokestick, good times.'s Avatar
    Pokestick, good times. Pokestick, good times. is offline
    cheeky
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: somewhere
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Impish
    Posts: 7,473
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G Deoxys View Post
    ok, i just lost and randomly appeared in Cinnabar Island's Gym?
    Heal up before entering that route, there's a sign telling you. This question pops up like, everywhere -.-
    __________________
      #253    
    Old September 1st, 2009 (8:27 AM).
    Curged's Avatar
    Curged Curged is offline
    Queen FTW!!!
       
      Join Date: Aug 2009
      Location: Netherlands
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 36
      I played It and wow,
      I actually think it can succeed djg´s ruby destiny.
      __________________
      Must find something stupid to say...
        #254    
      Old September 6th, 2009 (12:11 PM).
      wifitrader6's Avatar
      wifitrader6 wifitrader6 is offline
         
        Join Date: Jul 2009
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 14
        how far does version 2.1.6 go
          #255    
        Old September 6th, 2009 (1:43 PM). Edited September 6th, 2009 by cooley.
        cooley's Avatar
        cooley cooley is offline
        ///Keepin' it simple
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2007
        Location: United States
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Impish
        Posts: 1,147
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Curged View Post
        I played It and wow,
        I actually think it can succeed djg´s ruby destiny.
        Well thanks, but DJG has a team, and I only have mappers. DJG also has a wonderful imagination too.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by wifitrader6 View Post
        how far does version 2.1.6 go
        Up to Route 13.

        New Updates; Screenshots



        While patiently awaiting a map, I took on another task. To create a "Side-event" or sort of miniquest.


        Btw, that's Silver back in G/S/C times

        I know it's a rip off of Safari Zone, but it's better than that. I gaurantee you.
        First things first, explain how it works.

        It works the same way the Safari Zone works. 600 steps and you're done.
        You catch Pokemon the same way you do in the Safari Zone, with Rocks and Bait
        And there are treasures like the Safari Zone.

        Now, the Safari Zone is a complete place, but the Catching Zone isn't. You need some serious cash if you want to catch more Pokémon.
        I'll implement a cash system that's based on variables where, everytime you visit the Catching Zone, it adds money to the total. And each time you visit, you spend $750 (might increase).

        So once you've reached the goal ($10,000-100,000) new areas will become available to you. But don't worry, if you don't have enough money, just battle the trainers

        Some of these areas contain legendary Pokémon such as Celebi, Latios/Latias, Registeel and Regice, and maybe some of the Legendary Dogs/Cats/Mice/Elephants. Whatever you call them. Entei is not there, obviously for a reason (will be explained in-game).
        There could be more, but that's up to you, and your interest in this "Side-Event".

        So what do you all think about this?
        __________________

          #256    
        Old September 6th, 2009 (5:11 PM).
        Aspinth's Avatar
        Aspinth Aspinth is offline
        Assspinth? Aspinth? Aspinth!
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Antarctica :P
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 4
          Wow, I really haven't been here in a while... I just wanted to say, fantastic job on this, really! I think it's one if not, the best hack in Progressing! But you could have at least told us, when the beta ended Lol. The tiles are original and well presented, and the music matches well. The trainers aren't lagging in the battle department, well they are a bit too easy I could tell you took your time with the hack, especially the maps and scripts. The titlescreen is awesome too, and the whole intro thing. I like the textbox and the new font, looks really good with the tiles for some reason And as for your new updates, I think it's a fantastic idea! No hack I've seen has ever done something like that :D I'm just surprised that it's in the progressing hacks section. You should consider the Hacks Showcase sometime.

          I've been real busy since you last saw me. So sorry I haven't been helping you out. I suppose now, I can help again!
          Good luck with this, and everything!
          __________________
          *It's me, I'm back!*

          *Pokemon Daydona, a hack by Aspinth*

          *Credits go to cooley for the logo and sprite*

            #257    
          Old September 6th, 2009 (9:43 PM). Edited September 7th, 2009 by Tropical Sunlight.
          Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
          Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
          The Faltine
             
            Join Date: Mar 2008
            Location: Slovenia
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 3,572
            I think that's a very nice feature.
            my bad, sorry
            Man, you sure know how to spend our money...
            __________________
              #258    
            Old September 7th, 2009 (6:52 AM).
            cooley's Avatar
            cooley cooley is offline
            ///Keepin' it simple
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Feb 2007
            Location: United States
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Impish
            Posts: 1,147
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Colorful Summer View Post
            I think that's a very nice feature.
            So I'll have to spend my last 10,000 to go to the past when I could pay 500 before?
            Man, you sure know how to spend our money...
            Lol, you only spend $750 each visit.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Aspinth
            Wow, I really haven't been here in a while... I just wanted to say, fantastic job on this, really! I think it's one if not, the best hack in Progressing! But you could have at least told us, when the beta ended Lol. The tiles are original and well presented, and the music matches well. The trainers aren't lagging in the battle department, well they are a bit too easy I could tell you took your time with the hack, especially the maps and scripts. The titlescreen is awesome too, and the whole intro thing. I like the textbox and the new font, looks really good with the tiles for some reason And as for your new updates, I think it's a fantastic idea! No hack I've seen has ever done something like that :D I'm just surprised that it's in the progressing hacks section. You should consider the Hacks Showcase sometime.

            I've been real busy since you last saw me. So sorry I haven't been helping you out. I suppose now, I can help again!
            Good luck with this, and everything!
            Good to see you again, thanks for all of your feedback too

            I would consider the Hacks Showcase, but school starts in 2 days so... I wouldn't be able to manage it that well. Thanks for the offer, I'll PM you about this.


            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MK
            The text made me Gi-gi-gle
            What text?
            __________________

              #259    
            Old September 7th, 2009 (7:13 AM).
            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 14,477
            Awesomeness!
            I love catching legendaries!
            And the old location is really nice those tiles ya used really nicely coping the G/S/C games and by the way Silver really will be like the old one in that zone?
            Can't wait to see more of this.
            Keep up the great work cooley!
            __________________
            ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

            Anime List | PSN Trophy List
              #260    
            Old September 7th, 2009 (5:51 PM).
            cooley's Avatar
            cooley cooley is offline
            ///Keepin' it simple
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Feb 2007
            Location: United States
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Impish
            Posts: 1,147
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
            Awesomeness!
            I love catching legendaries!
            And the old location is really nice those tiles ya used really nicely coping the G/S/C games and by the way Silver really will be like the old one in that zone?
            Can't wait to see more of this.
            Keep up the great work cooley!
            Thanks, and yeah it actually is the old Silver.
            This "event" will be available in the next BETA, so be ready
            __________________

              #261    
            Old September 8th, 2009 (6:01 AM).
            Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
            Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
            Memento Mori
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 14,477
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by cooley View Post
            Thanks, and yeah it actually is the old Silver.
            This "event" will be available in the next BETA, so be ready
            That's great
            Ya sure know how to make it interesting :D
            __________________
            ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

            Anime List | PSN Trophy List
              #262    
            Old September 8th, 2009 (10:10 AM).
            Pokestick, good times.'s Avatar
            Pokestick, good times. Pokestick, good times. is offline
            cheeky
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Mar 2009
            Location: somewhere
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Impish
            Posts: 7,473
            Wow, how do you make Silver appear like that?? Well, I love the idea, has been thinking of something similar... (But mine would never work out anyways...)
            Well, as you might know, I've been to school the last month or so, and that's why I'm hardly online, just in case you've forgotten. How about when my autumn break starts, I'll let ya know and I could do some hopefully awesome maps for you. Or not. Well, good luck
            __________________
              #263    
            Old September 8th, 2009 (12:00 PM).
            trebornosliw's Avatar
            trebornosliw trebornosliw is offline
            Learning
               
              Join Date: Jul 2009
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 523
              Been a while since I looked at this project.
              You're doing fantastic Cooley, this is really amazing. That time-traveling safari zone idea looks terrific. Keep up the good work!
              __________________
              Credit for my avatar goes to the Lego company.
                #264    
              Old September 8th, 2009 (1:22 PM).
              Blue's Avatar
              Blue Blue is offline
              dorks
              • Moderator
              • Platinum Tier
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: United Kingdom
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 19,831
              I love the new side-event, cant wait to play it!
              __________________
                #265    
              Old September 10th, 2009 (5:18 AM).
              LinK93's Avatar
              LinK93 LinK93 is offline
              Translator/Beta tester
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2009
                Location: Odivelas/Lisboa/Portugal
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 53
                hmmm another hack with the silver... this one looks good
                __________________
                I support and recommend :

                Spoiler:








                I suport more but i'm not allowed to have more than 10 pics


                My Eggs:
                Spoiler:
                  #266    
                Old September 10th, 2009 (6:33 AM).
                Pokestick, good times.'s Avatar
                Pokestick, good times. Pokestick, good times. is offline
                cheeky
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2009
                Location: somewhere
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Impish
                Posts: 7,473
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by LinK93 View Post
                hmmm another hack with the silver... this one looks good
                Of course it does! This hack is absolutely awesome! That's just all I have to say :\
                __________________
                  #267    
                Old September 10th, 2009 (7:33 AM).
                Curged's Avatar
                Curged Curged is offline
                Queen FTW!!!
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2009
                  Location: Netherlands
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 36
                  Wow, great job with the side-event, hope you get it to work like that well.
                  __________________
                  Must find something stupid to say...
                    #268    
                  Old September 10th, 2009 (9:15 AM).
                  OM3GA Umbr30n's Avatar
                  OM3GA Umbr30n OM3GA Umbr30n is offline
                  Was Mazot2
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2009
                    Location: UK
                    Age: 19
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 123
                    Looks like an awsome hack so far,
                    Im supporting it :D ,
                    Im gonna test it i'll post back when its finished.
                    __________________

                    Flareon's are Red,
                    Vaporeon's Blue,
                    Espeon is my concious,
                    Umbreon is my life-style

                    ~Umbreon
                      #269    
                    Old September 11th, 2009 (7:59 AM).
                    Spherical Ice's Avatar
                    Spherical Ice Spherical Ice is offline
                    • Moderator
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2007
                    Location: Bristol, UK
                    Age: 19
                    Posts: 5,180
                    I'm downloading this as I type.

                    It looks... epic? No, that's an understatement!

                    -votes in HOTM-

                    Wait... I'm in the credits? Cool!
                    __________________

                    A Pokemon that is discriminated!
                    Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
                      #270    
                    Old September 12th, 2009 (10:32 PM).
                    cspmoneymaker
                    Guest
                       
                      Posts: n/a
                      Can anyone tell me this game can be finished or not ? I went all the way to Gonéra town,then go to defeate the team knox boss and the guard allow me to go through.You know what,that's when I stuck ! After I go through that guard and a short path,it end ! I have no idea where to go next,can anyone please kindly tell me ? Really appreciate !!!
                        #271    
                      Old September 12th, 2009 (11:12 PM).
                      Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                      Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                      Memento Mori
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                      Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 14,477
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cspmoneymaker View Post
                      Can anyone tell me this game can be finished or not ? I went all the way to Gonéra town,then go to defeate the team knox boss and the guard allow me to go through.You know what,that's when I stuck ! After I go through that guard and a short path,it end ! I have no idea where to go next,can anyone please kindly tell me ? Really appreciate !!!
                      Nope it isn't finished.
                      Cooley just completed beta 1 and working on beta 2
                      __________________
                      ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                      Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                        #272    
                      Old September 12th, 2009 (11:22 PM).
                      cspmoneymaker
                      Guest
                         
                        Posts: n/a
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                        Nope it isn't finished.
                        Cooley just completed beta 1 and working on beta 2
                        Ooh,I get it.So,I'll wait for the next one !
                          #273    
                        Old September 12th, 2009 (11:51 PM).
                        cheye40 cheye40 is offline
                        master spriter master trainer
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2009
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 3
                          i try to play pokemon eruption on vba but it dont works what have i to do now????¿¿¿¿¿
                            #274    
                          Old September 13th, 2009 (1:11 AM).
                          Ho-ohHeartGold's Avatar
                          Ho-ohHeartGold Ho-ohHeartGold is offline
                          My Pokémon guardian is Ho-oh
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2009
                            Location: Hidden Village, Johto
                            Age: 18
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Hardy
                            Posts: 14
                            Hey dude I like the titlescreen! Also, I like the Silver backsprite and Paul Sprite!
                            __________________
                            Ho-oh, Fire-flying type, arceus, normal type, also multitype, depending on its plate.

                            Nathan's PokePet

                            Ho-oH the level 90 HooH!
                              #275    
                            Old September 13th, 2009 (10:02 AM).
                            cooley's Avatar
                            cooley cooley is offline
                            ///Keepin' it simple
                            • Silver Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2007
                            Location: United States
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Impish
                            Posts: 1,147
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by cheye40 View Post
                            i try to play pokemon eruption on vba but it dont works what have i to do now????¿¿¿¿¿
                            Which ROM did you use?
                            Most importantly, what do you mean by it "dont work?"


                            Offtopic: Wow, your first post was actually in my thread? Cool!

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
                            I'm downloading this as I type.

                            It looks... epic? No, that's an understatement!

                            -votes in HOTM-

                            Wait... I'm in the credits? Cool!
                            It will be epic
                            This is not just, a hack. It's kind of like a story. Oh, and have fun playing it!
                            Thanks for the compliments and vote.


                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mazot2 View Post
                            Looks like an awsome hack so far,
                            Im supporting it :D ,
                            Im gonna test it i'll post back when its finished.
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Curged View Post
                            Wow, great job with the side-event, hope you get it to work like that well.
                            Hopefully I do get it to work also. I encountered a problem and the only solution is to wait for a guide to be released

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by LinK93 View Post
                            hmmm another hack with the silver... this one looks good
                            Thanks! May I add that I was the first hack with Silver?

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by M0NST3RJ03 View Post
                            I love the new side-event, cant wait to play it!
                            I love it too. Thanks for commenting!
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
                            Of course it does! This hack is absolutely awesome! That's just all I have to say :\
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
                            Nope it isn't finished.
                            Cooley just completed beta 1 and working on beta 2
                            Well, it's actually Beta 2.. But no harm done, right?

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ho-ohHeartGold View Post
                            Hey dude I like the titlescreen! Also, I like the Silver backsprite and Paul Sprite!
                            That titlescreen was and still is a pain >_< Lol. It's not completely finished, and thanks for the complements!
                            __________________

                            Closed Thread
                            Quick Reply

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:30 PM.