ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #11451    
Old September 2nd, 2009 (8:36 AM).
Q-Bone Q-Bone is offline
Musician and Pixel Artist
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: United Kingdom
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 243
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drakuaza View Post
    Is it possible to create new types? and add them instead of replacing existing ones.
    In 3rd Generation Games, no, not in my knowledge. There is a way to do it on 2nd Generation Games though.
    __________________
    Diamond FC: 2020 9546 5045

    Relevant Advertising!

      #11452    
    Old September 2nd, 2009 (8:36 AM).
    Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
    Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
    hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Bashful
      Posts: 3,487
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Drakuaza View Post
      Is it possible to create new types? and add them instead of replacing existing ones.
      Read above you, it says here (if you were bothered to read this page!):

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
      Not without ASM... (For making totally new types)
      The only thing you can do without ASM is replace the ??? Type...
      __________________


      Temmie vibrates intensely.

      awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

      OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

      can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

      RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

        #11453    
      Old September 2nd, 2009 (8:46 AM).
      Bayonetta's Avatar
      Bayonetta Bayonetta is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2009
        Posts: 34
        Then anyone got an idea of how to make a D/P attack system into Fr? like some dark attacks are either physical or special based. Theres a game that has that system, so i wonder if its a Hex function or a skill function. thats why i was thinking on making new types. example, making a copy of the "normal" type but label it dark with same strenghts and weakness as the original dark and change the physical dark type attacks to this.

        @about the post, i didnt saw because its full of sprite/pallete and tile replacing questions so i scrolled down fast.
          #11454    
        Old September 2nd, 2009 (9:02 AM). Edited September 2nd, 2009 by ville!.
        ville!'s Avatar
        ville! ville! is offline
        Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
           
          Join Date: Jan 2009
          Location: Perú
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Rash
          Posts: 53
          is possible to create new TMs? cuz' i wanna add 10 NEW tms
            #11455    
          Old September 2nd, 2009 (9:02 AM).
          Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
          Banjora Marxvile Banjora Marxvile is offline
          hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Bashful
            Posts: 3,487
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Drakuaza View Post
            Then anyone got an idea of how to make a D/P attack system into Fr? like some dark attacks are either physical or special based. Theres a game that has that system, so i wonder if its a Hex function or a skill function. thats why i was thinking on making new types. example, making a copy of the "normal" type but label it dark with same strenghts and weakness as the original dark and change the physical dark type attacks to this.

            @about the post, i didnt saw because its full of sprite/pallete and tile replacing questions so i scrolled down fast.
            Again, ASM is needed, probably very complex. This is why it says "Search before Asking", so your question last time would have been answered before posting.
            __________________


            Temmie vibrates intensely.

            awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

            OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

            can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

            RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

              #11456    
            Old September 2nd, 2009 (9:45 AM).
            Q-Bone Q-Bone is offline
            Musician and Pixel Artist
               
              Join Date: Jan 2009
              Location: United Kingdom
              Age: 22
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Modest
              Posts: 243
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ville! View Post
              is possible to create new TMs? cuz' i wanna add 10 NEW tms
              No you can't. You can edit TMs, HMs and Attacks which are already In-game though. You can rename them, and edit there statistics, and also edit there animation, but to an extent, editing the animations takes time and care, and endless hours of staring at UnLZ xD.
              __________________
              Diamond FC: 2020 9546 5045
                #11457    
              Old September 2nd, 2009 (9:57 AM). Edited September 2nd, 2009 by yusufs1.
              yusufs1's Avatar
              yusufs1 yusufs1 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2008
                Posts: 32
                how do you insert an entirley new building into tileset 0
                i can insert into the specific tilesets fine but editing the first tileset is not working, and the buildings tiles are all jumbled up nd i can't find any
                i need to know cuz i want to inert a hg/ss pokemon center
                if u dont get what im saying ill try to explain it a little clearer
                i want to insert this




                into tileset 0
                i can't manage to do it properly
                but the pallete is already edited for the pokemon center, os no trouble there

                credits for the image goes to C.N.C
                  #11458    
                Old September 2nd, 2009 (10:14 AM).
                Konekodemon's Avatar
                Konekodemon Konekodemon is offline
                The Master of Pokemon Breeding
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2007
                Location: NC
                Age: 33
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,972
                I don't know if this has already been asked or not but how do I change the trainer image on the Advanced games? Not the sprite. The image of the trainer that appears in the intro and on the trainer card.
                __________________

                Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
                Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
                Get a Free PS3, this is no joke: http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=5580831
                  #11459    
                Old September 2nd, 2009 (1:16 PM).
                KostK2Boss's Avatar
                KostK2Boss KostK2Boss is offline
                Europe Confirmed!!!
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2009
                  Location: The distant Greece Region
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 349
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
                  I don't know if this has already been asked or not but how do I change the trainer image on the Advanced games? Not the sprite. The image of the trainer that appears in the intro and on the trainer card.
                  The sprites that appear on the trainer card can be found in Unlz, the intro sprites are also in Unlz, but they have a 256-colour pallette, so you will have to change the pallette in programs like photoshop. I believe there is a detailed tutorial for that in the Documents & Tutorials section. The backsprites can be found in Tile Molester.

                  Now, my own question, for anyone who can help me is below:
                  Quote:
                  Does anybody know how to edit the japanese letters (font) in FireRed?
                  FontEd doesn't seem to support FR ROMs and the japanese letters in Tile Molester look glitchy, no matter how much I try to fix them.
                  I don't know if this has been asked before, but it's buging me. I could make use of some help here. Thanks in advance!
                  It was asked several pages ago, so here it is again. Anyone got a clue?:\
                  __________________
                  3DS Friend Code: 3024 - 6078 - 0809

                  Pokemon OmegaRuby IGN: Athens , Secret Base: Route 119
                  (link)

                    #11460    
                  Old September 2nd, 2009 (2:58 PM).
                  NarutoActor's Avatar
                  NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
                  The rocks cry out to me
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2009
                  Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Bashful
                  Posts: 1,979
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Q-Bone View Post
                  No you can't. You can edit TMs, HMs and Attacks which are already In-game though. You can rename them, and edit there statistics, and also edit there animation, but to an extent, editing the animations takes time and care, and endless hours of staring at UnLZ xD.
                  atcualy you can you can had hedbut and wirldpool quite easly
                  __________________
                  ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
                    #11461    
                  Old September 2nd, 2009 (3:02 PM).
                  sandstone's Avatar
                  sandstone sandstone is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2009
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 63
                    i've searched all over but i haven't seen the answer i seek anywhere.


                    my problem:

                    my rom image keeps crashing. its become such a big issue that i've had start over twice from scratch.


                    the first time i edited the script with offset $0000001 (didn't count the zeroes when i typed it, but the first one) its only had 'nada' or nothing commands so i thought it would be ok. i don't think it was. i think thats why it crashed. so i wont do that again



                    the second time I'm not sure why it crashed, heres my theory:
                    maybe its because i replaced the tileset of an indoor area with that of an outdoor area, because when i went through a warp point from the indoor area to that previously-outdoor area is when the rom image failed.

                    any info you could give would be helpful

                    fyi: if it matters ive been using unLZ-GBA, advance map, overworld editor, XSE, and YAPE

                    also anyone who would like to help me out from time to time, please let me know if you'd be ok with me PMing you with the occasional Q
                      #11462    
                    Old September 2nd, 2009 (3:24 PM).
                    Konekodemon's Avatar
                    Konekodemon Konekodemon is offline
                    The Master of Pokemon Breeding
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2007
                    Location: NC
                    Age: 33
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Gentle
                    Posts: 1,972
                    UNlz doesn't work. I don't even see any trainer images on it. Just fuzzy stuff. That other thing doesn't work either.
                    __________________

                    Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
                    Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
                    Get a Free PS3, this is no joke: http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=5580831
                      #11463    
                    Old September 2nd, 2009 (3:38 PM). Edited September 2nd, 2009 by 徐死.
                    徐死 徐死 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2009
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 9
                      Hey, I'm using Advance-Text, and I'm trying to edit the text at the very beginning of the game , where it says "In the world in which you are about to enter...". But whenever I try to edit the text, it displays the first two lines, then shows a red arrow, and it doesn't show the rest of the paragraph that I entered in. Does anyone know the problem?
                      Spoiler:
                        #11464    
                      Old September 2nd, 2009 (4:00 PM).
                      NarutoActor's Avatar
                      NarutoActor NarutoActor is offline
                      The rocks cry out to me
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2009
                      Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Bashful
                      Posts: 1,979
                      how do you find the platelet offsets for the overworlds in overworldeditor it dosent tel you :l
                      __________________
                      ~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
                        #11465    
                      Old September 2nd, 2009 (4:14 PM). Edited September 2nd, 2009 by 0m3GA ARS3NAL.
                      0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                      0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                      Im comin' home...
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2008
                      Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Gentle
                      Posts: 1,816
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sandstone View Post
                      i've searched all over but i haven't seen the answer i seek anywhere.


                      my problem:

                      my rom image keeps crashing. its become such a big issue that i've had start over twice from scratch.


                      the first time i edited the script with offset $0000001 (didn't count the zeroes when i typed it, but the first one) its only had 'nada' or nothing commands so i thought it would be ok. i don't think it was. i think thats why it crashed. so i wont do that again



                      the second time I'm not sure why it crashed, heres my theory:
                      maybe its because i replaced the tileset of an indoor area with that of an outdoor area, because when i went through a warp point from the indoor area to that previously-outdoor area is when the rom image failed.

                      any info you could give would be helpful

                      fyi: if it matters ive been using unLZ-GBA, advance map, overworld editor, XSE, and YAPE

                      also anyone who would like to help me out from time to time, please let me know if you'd be ok with me PMing you with the occasional Q
                      Of course you froze, you inserted the script at 0x000001
                      Try opening up a clean ROM, and inserting the script at 0x800000.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
                      UNlz doesn't work. I don't even see any trainer images on it. Just fuzzy stuff. That other thing doesn't work either.
                      unLZgba is a searching program, you need to keep clicking 'next' until you see the image you want.
                      (Look around 1600...)
                      __________________
                      >Boot Jailbot
                      >Pass *****
                      .
                      .
                      Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                      Greetings Warden
                      of Superjail Penitentiary
                      Awaiting user input...

                      >Display User_Info
                      ╠══User Info══╣
                      Username:
                      0m3GA ARS3NAL
                      Age: 18
                      Sex: Male ♂
                      Race: Caucasian
                      Quote:
                      "What is this
                      I don't even..."

                      M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                      ╠══End of File══╣
                      Awaiting user input...

                      >
                        #11466    
                      Old September 2nd, 2009 (5:22 PM).
                      sandstone's Avatar
                      sandstone sandstone is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2009
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 63
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                        Of course you froze, you inserted the script at 0x000001
                        Try opening up a clean ROM, and inserting the script at 0x800000.

                        yes thank you, i got that much on my own. the main question was about the second "freeze" as you put it. its not a freeze though.
                        completely different. image crash.

                        can tile set changes crash the rom? and if not does any one know why my rom image crashed (the second time)
                          #11467    
                        Old September 2nd, 2009 (5:32 PM).
                        yusufs1's Avatar
                        yusufs1 yusufs1 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2008
                          Posts: 32
                          how do you insert an entirley new building into tileset 0
                          i can insert into the specific tilesets fine but editing the first tileset is not working, and the buildings tiles are all jumbled up nd i can't find any when i want to build the maps
                          i need to know cuz i want to inert a hg/ss pokemon center
                          if u dont get what im saying ill try to explain it a little clearer
                          i want to insert this




                          into tileset 0
                          i can't manage to do it properly
                          but the pallete is already edited for the pokemon center, os no trouble there

                          credits for the image goes to C.N.C
                            #11468    
                          Old September 2nd, 2009 (6:48 PM).
                          徐死 徐死 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2009
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 9
                            hey again, could anyone please tell me how to make it so the introduction of pokemon firered doesn't have any music playing? I need to know for the part where it says "in the world you have entered" or whatever it says with the pikachu in the corner, and when you're talking to Prof. Oak. thanks.
                              #11469    
                            Old September 2nd, 2009 (9:03 PM). Edited September 3rd, 2009 by emilin_rose.
                            emilin_rose's Avatar
                            emilin_rose emilin_rose is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2008
                              Posts: 99
                              Probably stupid, but i added tiles to the blank spaces in elitemap's tileset, and it worked fine in elitemap, but not the rom. Now i'm trying in advancedmap and once more i can't figure out how to add the tiles.

                              Can anyone tell me how to add edited tiles to elitemap or advancedmap?

                              I've tried the block editor but i have no clue how to make it work.

                              Also, i've noticed in UNlz, when i look through the pokemon files, the backsprites are all shiny, and the normal ones aren't. I can't find the normal backsprites or the shiny regular sprites anywhere. This makes me hesitate to switch them out.

                              In a nutshell, do i just need to make a shiny backsprite and a normal battle sprite, and the game will pallete swap the rest? or am i missing something entirely here?
                              __________________
                              Project Concerto is starting up again, slowly but surely.
                                #11470    
                              Old September 3rd, 2009 (1:32 AM).
                              jack94 jack94 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2009
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 1
                                Hi I have some Hex editing questions...
                                I started trying out ROM hacking about 2 or 3 days ago (using Pokemon Gold GBC), I started using Hex yesterday - i have Translhextion.

                                I have managed to edit Bulbasaur's evolution data in Translhextion by finding where the evolution data starts and editing Bulbasaur. However this is easy as Bulbasaur is the first pokemon so the data is right there at the very start of the evolution data.

                                What I want to do is to go to specific Pokemon in the Evolution Data. For example I want to make it so that Kadabra evolves at a Level instead of by trading. I know how to do this when i get to his data but i don't know how to get there. There must be an easier way than to count through the 00's at the end of the evolution sequences until i count the number that is Kadabras pokedex number?
                                Can someone help me out??

                                I also managed to edit Youngster JOEY in Hex by searching his name and it took me straight to his trainer battle data. Now, I want to edit your Pokemon Gold Rival as well but I don't know what to search for to find his trainer/battle data. When i search RIVAL and similar things it finds nothing.....
                                Anyone know how to do this??

                                All help greatly appreciated
                                Thanks
                                  #11471    
                                Old September 3rd, 2009 (1:38 AM).
                                Maarton's Avatar
                                Maarton Maarton is offline
                                Johto Master
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2009
                                  Location: Sweden
                                  Age: 27
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 8
                                  Hello!

                                  I have one simple question that i am sure some of you guys can answer for me.

                                  How do you change the BACK sprites of pokemon? I have not made 15 posts yet so i cant give you an example.

                                  I know its possible in some way, but how?

                                  I have found where all the sprites are in CrystalTile2, poketool/pokegra/pokegra.narc

                                  What to do next?

                                  Thanks in advance!
                                    #11472    
                                  Old September 3rd, 2009 (1:58 AM).
                                  Thrace's Avatar
                                  Thrace Thrace is offline
                                  @tion
                                  • Gold Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2007
                                  Age: 27
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 1,048
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by narutoactor View Post
                                  how do you find the platelet offsets for the overworlds in overworldeditor it dosent tel you :l
                                  I think it tells you in advanced mode. If not you'll just have to export the Sprite palettes with VBA, load them in APE and search for them. You could also try looking for the offsets in the .ini files for OWE.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by sandstone View Post
                                  yes thank you, i got that much on my own. the main question was about the second "freeze" as you put it. its not a freeze though.
                                  completely different. image crash.

                                  can tile set changes crash the rom? and if not does any one know why my rom image crashed (the second time)
                                  Yeah it can. Its happened to me at least. It must be something to do with how AdvanceMap searches for free space. Try inserting them at a place with plenty of free space.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by yusufs1 View Post
                                  how do you insert an entirley new building into tileset 0
                                  i can insert into the specific tilesets fine but editing the first tileset is not working, and the buildings tiles are all jumbled up nd i can't find any when i want to build the maps
                                  i need to know cuz i want to inert a hg/ss pokemon center
                                  if u dont get what im saying ill try to explain it a little clearer
                                  i want to insert this




                                  into tileset 0
                                  i can't manage to do it properly
                                  but the pallete is already edited for the pokemon center, os no trouble there

                                  credits for the image goes to C.N.C
                                  You need to edit all the blocks to use the new tiles. Try reading some tutorials.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by 徐死 View Post
                                  hey again, could anyone please tell me how to make it so the introduction of pokemon firered doesn't have any music playing? I need to know for the part where it says "in the world you have entered" or whatever it says with the pikachu in the corner, and when you're talking to Prof. Oak. thanks.
                                  No idea I'm afraid. I don't think it'd be easy (finding out how to do it anyway). If you're really desperate you could replace that track with blank music.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by emilin_rose View Post
                                  Probably stupid, but i added tiles to the blank spaces in elitemap's tileset, and it worked fine in elitemap, but not the rom. Now i'm trying in advancedmap and once more i can't figure out how to add the tiles.

                                  Can anyone tell me how to add edited tiles to elitemap or advancedmap?

                                  I've tried the block editor but i have no clue how to make it work.

                                  Also, i've noticed in UNlz, when i look through the pokemon files, the backsprites are all shiny, and the normal ones aren't. I can't find the normal backsprites or the shiny regular sprites anywhere. This makes me hesitate to switch them out.

                                  In a nutshell, do i just need to make a shiny backsprite and a normal battle sprite, and the game will pallete swap the rest? or am i missing something entirely here?
                                  Try reading some tutorials on how to insert tiles.

                                  All you need to do is replace the sprite itself when you "switch them out". The game reads the palette for shiny pokemon (front sprite and backsprite) from the palette associated with the corresponding back sprite and the palette for normal pokemon from the palette associated with the front sprite.

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by jack94 View Post
                                  Hi I have some Hex editing questions...
                                  I started trying out ROM hacking about 2 or 3 days ago (using Pokemon Gold GBC), I started using Hex yesterday - i have Translhextion.

                                  I have managed to edit Bulbasaur's evolution data in Translhextion by finding where the evolution data starts and editing Bulbasaur. However this is easy as Bulbasaur is the first pokemon so the data is right there at the very start of the evolution data.

                                  What I want to do is to go to specific Pokemon in the Evolution Data. For example I want to make it so that Kadabra evolves at a Level instead of by trading. I know how to do this when i get to his data but i don't know how to get there. There must be an easier way than to count through the 00's at the end of the evolution sequences until i count the number that is Kadabras pokedex number?
                                  Can someone help me out??

                                  I also managed to edit Youngster JOEY in Hex by searching his name and it took me straight to his trainer battle data. Now, I want to edit your Pokemon Gold Rival as well but I don't know what to search for to find his trainer/battle data. When i search RIVAL and similar things it finds nothing.....
                                  Anyone know how to do this??

                                  All help greatly appreciated
                                  Thanks
                                  I wouldn't rely on counting the 00s it'd be pretty easy to trip up. Find out the structure of the pokemon data and then count up to the ones you need. There really isn't an easier way. Thats why people use tools (well not the only reason).

                                  In FR the rival's name as it appears in the trainer data is TERRY (no idea why). Just scroll through the trainer data and see if there is a name that occurs multiple times. Chances are that'll be the rival.
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Maarton View Post
                                  Hello!

                                  I have one simple question that i am sure some of you guys can answer for me.

                                  How do you change the BACK sprites of pokemon? I have not made 15 posts yet so i cant give you an example.

                                  I know its possible in some way, but how?

                                  I have found where all the sprites are in CrystalTile2, poketool/pokegra/pokegra.narc

                                  What to do next?

                                  Thanks in advance!
                                  Try looking through the old D/P/Pt hacking thread. I remember seeing a tool that could replace sprites.
                                  __________________
                                    #11473    
                                  Old September 3rd, 2009 (2:05 AM).
                                  emilin_rose's Avatar
                                  emilin_rose emilin_rose is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2008
                                    Posts: 99
                                    thanks thrace. I was worried for a minute there.

                                    But now i have another question. When i went into APA and tried to change a palette, it gave me the message "It is not safe to replace this palette." Any idea what it's about or how i can fix it?
                                    __________________
                                    Project Concerto is starting up again, slowly but surely.
                                      #11474    
                                    Old September 3rd, 2009 (2:11 AM).
                                    beauty. proletariat beauty. proletariat is offline
                                    Banned
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2005
                                      Location: Sydney, Australia
                                      Gender: Female
                                      Nature: Rash
                                      Posts: 1,497
                                      This has most likely been asked yet I could not find it by searching in this thread.

                                      How do i edit movement in FR when Professor Oak stops you infront of the grass? I know movement is probably universal... But I'm completely new to this and I dont even know how to use a script editor lol.

                                      I've noticed that 2D is face down, 2E is face up, etc. But i dont know compiling and also why theres about 4 sets of movements in the script. :s
                                        #11475    
                                      Old September 3rd, 2009 (2:29 AM).
                                      Thrace's Avatar
                                      Thrace Thrace is offline
                                      @tion
                                      • Gold Tier
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2007
                                      Age: 27
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 1,048
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by emilin_rose View Post
                                      thanks thrace. I was worried for a minute there.

                                      But now i have another question. When i went into APA and tried to change a palette, it gave me the message "It is not safe to replace this palette." Any idea what it's about or how i can fix it?
                                      APA? You mean APE right? Not sure why that'd be, I've personally never had that problem. Might be because APE thinks you're trying to edit something that isn't a palette? Try PMing HackMew (he created APE).

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by eccentric. reach View Post
                                      This has most likely been asked yet I could not find it by searching in this thread.

                                      How do i edit movement in FR when Professor Oak stops you infront of the grass? I know movement is probably universal... But I'm completely new to this and I dont even know how to use a script editor lol.

                                      I've noticed that 2D is face down, 2E is face up, etc. But i dont know compiling and also why theres about 4 sets of movements in the script. :s
                                      You need to read some tutorials. You can't expecting to dive straight into scripting without knowing the fundamentals.
                                      __________________
                                      Closed Thread

                                      Quick Reply

                                      Join the conversation!

                                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:24 PM.