• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
If I were to rearrange a Trainer Card's image, to, for example, have the ID section at the bottom, how would I go about moving the actual text saying: IDNo.000000?

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2010
I've encountered a very odd glitch. After a battle, occasionally, the controls will be transferred to a different person on the map. Like, after you finish a battle, when you move around with the arrow keys, the player doesn't move, a different person moves.... wtf?

It only happens sometimes, maybe 1 out of every 5 or 6 battles, and only after a battle. But still... Does anyone know why its doing this and what I could do to fix it?

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
Also, how to make 2 reigons in 1 game, and is it possible to put in different pokemon without replacing pokemon in the game...

Oh yeah before i forget is there a way to put in d/p/pt moves in the hacked game?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Also, how to make 2 reigons in 1 game, and is it possible to put in different pokemon without replacing pokemon in the game...

Oh yeah before i forget is there a way to put in d/p/pt moves in the hacked game?
1. Well, FR/LG contains 4 different worldmaps so you can use the Kanto map for one region and any of the others for the other (or any combination that your prefer).
2. Yes. There are a lot of good tutorials the can guide you towards adding new Pokémon. Though keep in mind that, at the moment, you can add a maximum of only 25 new pokémon before you will need to overwrite existing pokémon.
3. Probably. I haven't looked into attack editing but I'll bet it's possible somehow.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
1. Well, FR/LG contains 4 different worldmaps so you can use the Kanto map for one region and any of the others for the other (or any combination that your prefer).
2. Yes. There are a lot of good tutorials the can guide you towards adding new Pokémon. Though keep in mind that, at the moment, you can add a maximum of only 25 new pokémon before you will need to overwrite existing pokémon.
3. Probably. I haven't looked into attack editing but I'll bet it's possible somehow.

thanks dud :)

also there is a video of some guy editing attacks i wonder people can do that with d/p moves :o

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
ok well i got a couple Q's first is is it possible to change multichoise boxes with a-text or do u need to use hex editing
next does anyone now any tutorials on how to change door/grassw animations?
third for flags can u input any # for a flag or do u have to use the flags already in game.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
ok well i got a couple Q's first is is it possible to change multichoise boxes with a-text or do u need to use hex editing
next does anyone now any tutorials on how to change door/grassw animations?
third for flags can u input any # for a flag or do u have to use the flags already in game.

1: You CAN change it with A-Text, but you are far better off using a Hex Editor, as it is easier to fin out EXACTLY which one is the box you want to edit. (You can even add more if you use a Hex Editor, there is a Tutorial in the Documents/Tutorials section...)

2: There was an old tutorial on how to do this made by thethethethe a long time ago, unfortunately, it isn't easy to come by on this site as of late...
I'll attach it to this post at the bottom, if a Mod feels this is unnecessary and would like to provide a link, please do so.

3: As for flags, you can't input just any number...
LUCKILY, there are over 10000 blank flags, not even used by the game.
So long as you know hex, it is fine. 0x1000 - 0x3FFF are free... in other words:
4096 - 16383 are free flags.
That is 12287 free flags to use, no worries on running out!

Now for that tutorial I promised!
(It is in .doc format, so you need Microsoft Word to open, or some other .doc opening program... (You can get Microsoft word for free with Open Office, from Microsoft's website.))
(This tutorial might only explain how to edit the grass, but you can apply the exact same thing to messing with the door animation.)

View attachment 49684

RockmanEXE

Unova?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Alright, I searched and have not found an answer to MY question.

I'm currently hacking Fire Red and I need to know how to edit this sprite:
flyicon.png

I've checked over OW Editor and unLZ.gba

You think it might be in Tile Molester?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Alright, I searched and have not found an answer to MY question.

I'm currently hacking Fire Red and I need to know how to edit this sprite:
flyicon.png

I've checked over OW Editor and unLZ.gba

You think it might be in Tile Molester?

Yes, you need to find it in tile molester...
The grass hacking tutorial posted above also will help you find THAT...

RockmanEXE

Unova?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Alright, I found the flying sprites for Fire Red, there's only one problem.

The sprites are all jumbled together and I can hardly edit anything.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2009
Does anyone know how to fix bad backsprite palettes? It's in Emerald. I tried APE and read all the tutorials, but nothing seems to work! T-T

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Does anyone know how to fix bad backsprite palettes? It's in Emerald. I tried APE and read all the tutorials, but nothing seems to work! T-T

That looks like a mismatch of colors in your color palette.
Here, I can list some possible causes and fixes for you:

• Your palette does not match your backsprite. Be sure that you loaded the correct sprite file that you save the palette from.
  • Your palette has more than 16 colors in it. If it has more colors it can usually mess up the colors like that.
  • Some of your colors in your palette may be switched. You'll have to re save the palette. Also, make sure your transparent color is set first in the palette.
  • You may have the wrong palette loaded in-general. I remember I accidentally switched Gary's palette to another in unLZ and he ended up looking like that when I started the game. His face and what not was a sharp red.
It looks like your transparent color possibly got switched with whatever the face/skin colors was, resulting in the skin being transparent and the face/everything else having the transparent color. Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back