• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pass the sprite~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Oh ffs, not this crap again.

Digital Art =/= Spriting.

If you grab the brush tool and click and drag, then that's drawing. If you zoom in and grab a tool the size of 1 pixel, and then proceed to edit each pixel individually, that's spriting. If you draw it on, then proceed to edit it on a pixel level, that would be fine, but just drawing is not allowed.

Ok, so him adding the two balls, was considered drawing?

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
503692.jpg

he lost his main horn

Years
Ok, so him adding the two balls, was considered drawing?

Upon further inspection, they are indeed sprited. They are the exact size of the default brush tool in paint, so I just assumed and didn't bother to check if they had shading. Not that matters, because it was saved as jpeg anyways. It's hard to see the shading.

Now, please, quit posting without edits :\

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Upon further inspection, they are indeed sprited. They are the exact size of the default brush tool in paint, so I just assumed and didn't bother to check if they had shading. Not that matters, because it was saved as jpeg anyways. It's hard to see the shading.

Now, please, quit posting without edits :\
will do just confused by what you had meant
here is my edit, made his head look more like a skull

ThePastaThrower

...Is adding extra meatballs..
Years
If you grab the brush tool and click and drag, then that's drawing. If you zoom in and grab a tool the size of 1 pixel, and then proceed to edit each pixel individually, that's spriting. If you draw it on, then proceed to edit it on a pixel level, that would be fine, but just drawing is not allowed.

Dude... Spriting is a form of digital art. Digital art is a form of drawing. Drawing is a form of art.

So you say you can't "draw" as you like to call it with a 1 pixel brush? It's only possible with bigger brushes? Yeah? NO.

In your case both of these things ("drawing" and "spriting") are exactly the same. Your form of "drawing" is just "spriting" with a bigger brush.

Now I got that out of my system. I'm sorry for any offense, but I just had to say that.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
1234567890.png

I changed the tile back but edited the top, did some more cracks and umm... changed the eye colour and put those things behind its back...

Can we start a new sprite now because aggrons boring.... if we change more people will start joining in again on a different sprite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back