• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed +40 OW sprite patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallimaniac

needs help with his hack!!!
Years
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!

I'm not sure if this should go here...I don't know where to put it (or how to move it, lol).

Anyhoo, I've made a FireRed patch for beginners who want some extra overworld sprites for their hack.

A big thank goes to mozzer0734 for writing a tutorial on this for me and helping me through it step by step.
I'm still a bit sketchy on this, but it works :) took me nearly 6 hours as it decided not to work and took me a while to figure out why. Got it in the end though.

But yeah, download the attached .zip file and view the readme.txt for info on how to edit the sprites via hex.

For some reason, it doesn't want to work in OverworldEditor RE. Download the normal OverworldEditor for this to work.

NOTE: The rom for Pokemon FireRed is not included.

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I probably sound like a complete moron right now, but this is 40+ in addition to what OW sprites are already in the fire red roms?

Because if so, I seriously need this.

FfffHi i can't read apparently.

Awesome! I needed this. :D

Metallimaniac

Years
w00p! i'm glad its helped people already. As I said, I have no idea where this should have gone, lol. Dunno how to move it (I like things being in the right place, so it would be best if it did get moved).
I think an extra 40 overworld sprites should be enough for beginners.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
wow nice I thoght that it's impossible to add more ow'z to the game but again good hackers show that everything is possible in rom hacking,hmm anyway a question about this:how many free space it takes?

Metallimaniac

Years
anyway a question about this:how many free space it takes?

i'm not totally sure, lol...quite a few bytes...which is why it's best patched to a clean rom.
took me a few hours to do...then it didnt work. took me 6 hours in total to do this and get it 100% working XD

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Um I have a quick question can If patch this to my hack I am already doing it wont revert all my maps and scripts also will it work to be patched with expanded roms if theres a problem how do I add more slots :D

Metallimaniac

Years
Um I have a quick question can If patch this to my hack I am already doing it wont revert all my maps and scripts also will it work to be patched with expanded roms if theres a problem how do I add more slots :D

Well i patched this to my hack and it screwed some of my maps up..wouldnt let me view them. I probably wouldnt patch it to ur hack, but back it up 1st and try if you must. Let me know if it works, might have just been my hack.

And what do you mean by expanded roms and extra slots? there's no space for extra frames, if thats what you mean. You might be able to squeeze some more sprites in, but im not totally sure how much space i left in between the data for the sprites and frames.
I tried to make it as tidy as possible and to not have the offsets in random places.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
this tool is helpful!
I need a tool like this a lot!
thanks!

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I tried to do this several times, but the only tut I could find was in spanish... I know a little spanish, but not enough,so I had to google translate it. From that point It was pretty much lost...Anyway thanks for the patch!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
it doesnt seem to work for me? ive checked overworld editor re but they dont seem to show up?

Metallimaniac

Years
well they work fine for me in the normal OverworldEditor. Try that. I patched it to another fresh rom too to check and it worked.
try that

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
Um, I apply this to a brand new FireRed ROM, look it up in Overworld Editor, and there's no new OWs.

What's up with that? I'm using Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition V1.1.3

O_o

EDIT:

Oops! Never mind! (I was opening the wrong ROM! LOL...)

EDIT2:

Oh, wait. Now it says: "Error loading INI settings for this game..."

o_o

Last edited:

Metallimaniac

Years
i dno why it doesnt work in overworld editor RE...are you replacing your sprites.ini file with the one in the .zip too?
that tells OWEditor how many sprites the rom has...it wont find them without that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back