Third Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old August 29th, 2009 (11:03 AM).
Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!

Started a new game on Pokémon XD, this is my team right now:

Lavender - Espeon lv24
    Shadow - Mightyena lv24
    T-Mildew (telefang lol!!) - Shroomish lv24 (trying to get Spore, so no Breloom)
    Lectrobal - Voltorb lv22

I'm training Lectrobal to lv24, then I'm going to beat Cipher to save the ONBS building.
    Coming team members:

Vulpix and Hitmonchan

Also started a new game on Emerald, current team:

Blaze - Torchic lv14
    Guardina - Ralts lv14

Just beat Roxanne and saved Peeko.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 29th, 2009 (11:07 AM).
    ☮ & ♥

Nature: Sassy
      i kind of want to restart my silver game, but in the one i have now i have all 3 starter pokemon. although i can just get the 3 of them again ... and i don't really play silver much to begin with. :\
      will say the Pavi.
      The most dashing;
      panty-snatching,
      I will leave your
      diapers dripping.
      Two hearts -
      mark it up.
      Pavi steals all
      of the hearts."

Old August 30th, 2009 (4:59 AM).
      missing in action

Nature: Bold
        Currently I'm EV training my Hoenn party. I got kind of bored, so I decided I was going to rank Master in all the contests. The only one I'm missing is Tough...
        Old September 8th, 2009 (7:09 AM). Edited September 9th, 2009 by ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~.
        Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
          This is where you post your Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed or Leafgreen journeys.
          Basically your recent happenings in these games

EDIT: I think this should be sticked because the 4th generation and 1 & 2 generation have a traveling thread
          TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
          Old September 8th, 2009 (12:42 PM).
          HeartGold :P

In FR, I got Dragonite and Charizard to level 100, same with my other 4 and at this stage I am after the dreaded Suicune .

ShadowDestiny AshGray ToxicPurple SilverCurrent
            Old September 8th, 2009 (4:11 PM). Edited September 13th, 2009 by Torii.
            GX Trainer

I was given pokemon sapphire today so i restarted, Heres my actions so far
              *Chose Torchic
              *evolved torchic
              *Beat Gym Leader
              *Obtained Poke Gear
              *Defeated Gym Leader
              *delivered letter to Steven
              *Caught Aron
              *Caught Zubat
              *Trained in cave
              *Went to Sel~
              *Evolved Zuzu (Zubat) to golbat
              *Did battle tent
              *Saved game*
              *Beat rival
              *Beat wally
              *Beat Gym Leader
              *Caught Zig~
              *Rock smash+Zig
              *Magma Leader
              *Gym Badge
              *Training
              *Evolved to Blaziken
              *Evovled to Crobat
              *Evolved to Larion

My Team:

Name: Blaziken*Lvl 38

-Quick Attack
              -Double kick
              -Peck
              -Blaze Kick

Name: Larion *Lvl 33

-Iron Tail
              -Mud Slap
              -Metal Claw
              -Head butt

Name: Zuzu *lvl 37

-Super sonic
              -Bite
              -Wing Attack
              -Air Slash

Name Ziggy*lvl 19

-Tackle
              -Headbutt
              -Rock Smash
              -Growl

Old September 9th, 2009 (8:04 AM).
              Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!

I just purified the shadow Togepi. Luckily, it had Serene Grace :D
                I traded it to Fire Red, then migrated it to Diamond, and evolved it into Togetic, then Togekiss.
                I gave Togekiss some Carbos and Calcium and took a look at the stats, and then I saw this:
                IT HAD HUSTLE!!!!
                WHAT THE HECK!>?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
                NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please reply! What can I do now? (Sadly, I SAVED when togetic became togekiss..... )
                Old September 10th, 2009 (1:20 AM).

Nature: Hasty
                  okii.
                  i started ruby.
                  how badass am i :]

lol.
                  and within 4-5 hours of gameplay i have two badges and even beat my rival on that route near the cycling bridge thing.
                  hehe.

i haven't been paying attention to names.
                  but also all my pokemon are like lvl 15 except my level 18 marshtomp.
                  so im going fairly great :]
                  Old September 10th, 2009 (5:11 PM). Edited September 11th, 2009 by Giratina ♀.
                  what's your sign?

Nature: Quirky
                    Okay, so I decided to play Emerald over again because I finally got Pal Park in Platinum and wanted a Latios. Great excuse, huh? So I started up the game and, in honor of the Swampert who had once belonged to the previous owner of my Platinum cartridge and was now on my E4-beating team, got a Mudkip. I plan to name him Juan.

So Birch rambles about things I should know already with his creepy grin and face shape, and then asks me if I'm a boy or a girl. I choose GIRL. And now... my name. So at first I thought of using 'Giratina', but 'Giratin' sounded really lame. And no way I was using Vision or something like I did last playthrough. So I was pondering some cool names, and came up with nothing. I resorted to my last defense... and also my most hated defense... my real name.

Save Birch's sorry tail from a vicious man-eating Zigzagoon? Check. Retrieve memetastic Pokémon whose Emerald sprite I hate but evolves into the awesome Earthquake-spamming Swampert? Check. Thinking about catching a Ralts for a few minutes but deciding it would be too hard? Also check. Here we go...

So now there's a May lookalike named Julia running around with a Mudkip, appropriately named Juan (once again in honor of Swampert and his old Trainer). Great fun when we get to the eighth Gym Leader.

EDIT:

I have discovered something incredible!

Ralts, contrary to popular belief, are attracted to negative emotions, not positive ones! C-mon. Wally was quivering in his boots when he found one, and I must have spent all of an hour looking for this thing. When I found one, a critical hit from my Level 13 Mudkip Juan wiped it out pretty well. I wasn't pleased. I moved to a different patch of grass and who do I find but an adorable little female Ralts waiting for me? Tackle this time knocked her nicely into the Red Zone, and she went in the Pokéball on the first toss.

So here's info on Cloud, the new Ralts on my team after some levelling to give her something more than Growl:

Cloud | female Ralts
                    Lv 6 | Timid nature | Synchorize (passes on status problems)
                    • Growl
                    • Confusion
                    Old September 11th, 2009 (2:28 PM).
                    case CLOSED.
                    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
                    I really think this thread is a great idea. Thank you for making it! ^_^

Le stick!

challenges | klippy
                    Old September 11th, 2009 (5:51 PM).
                    bleh...

Nature: Jolly
                      I was hoping someone would remake this thread!

On Ruby and LG lately I've just been trying to beat the game. On LG I have 3 badges, but I skipped Surge, and on Ruby I have 1.
                      Old September 12th, 2009 (6:35 AM).
                      what's your sign?

Oh yes! Also after some chillaxing in Petalburg Woods (and watching a lot of episodes of Is It a Good Idea to Microwave This?) I caught myself a Shroomish. Having no clue what to call it, I look up and Jory delivers the catchphrase: "...and nobody likes roasted nuts." I am then reminded of that little thing they did in Sootopolis with the big Shroomish and Barboach hunters. Cue Immature Joke Sensor going into overdrive...

Roasty | female Shroomish
                        Lv 6 | Quirky | Effect Spore

* Absorb
                        * Tackle

Fought Roxanne. A few Critical Hitting Absorbs and some training beforehand kicked Roasty up to level 10, at which point she learned Leech Seed. A fierce battle ensued between Roasty and Nosepass, with Nosepass having the lead by five levels. Cue Leech Seed and an awful lot of Absorbs... it reminded me of that one epic battle I had in Sapphire between Breloom and Slaking. Oh maaaan, that was the most awesome battle I've ever played... but anyway. After about three Potions and an Oran berry, Roasty scored a Critical Hit and knocked Nosepass down to a sliver of red. Leech Seed kicked in... and WOOSH!

Roasty pwn't all three of Roxanne's Pokémon, all of which were at least three levels higher than she was, and I never even had to use Juan to cover for her. Is that an awesome Shroomish or what?

I then moved on to Dewford. Cloud, contrary to my belief, was pretty much useless in Brawly's gym, probably because her Defense was too low or something. Anyway, Juan (who evolved into a Marshtomp from my brief training in Granite Cave beforehand) was the real star of the show here. Water Gun worked very well against Makuhita. Anyway, I kicked Brawly the Surfer Man's sorry tail, got Bulk Up (which I'll probably never use) and, more importantly, the ability to use Flash. Up I go to Granite Cave again, ready to evolve... someone. Cloud or Roasty, whoever.

So I pass the Escape Rope spot I emptied the previous excursion (and tried to find my way around without a map or a Flash - bad idea) and went to the next floor, catching myself a Sableye who I'm not going to use except as a Flash slave in this case. I named him Hustler. So Hustler uses Flash and I walk around, warding off Arons and other stray Sableyes who are for some reason envious of Hustler being taken captive by Enemy General Julia. Didn't catch anything else cool in this cave, except for a Zubat I thought about using but decided against.

You know the drill: meet Steven, get Steel Wing, get TFO. And so I did.

Went to Slateport, and thought long and hard for a few hours about what to rename Cloud as - 'Cloud' wasn't as cool a name as I thought. After thinking for a bit I decided on the most awesome name I could muster at 9:00 PM - Enigma. Juan and Roasty stayed the same. I went to talk to Dock, fought off the Grunts (Roasty was a godsend), and after a quick three-battle run in the Battle Tent (where I got a Full Heal for my efforts and further reinforced my opinion that Magnemite and Electrike are the most awesome Electric-types on the planet), I went up some and beat some pitiful Pokéfans.

Now, the Pokéfans Isabel and Someone were a lot of fun to fight - they had a Plusle and Minun each, and each one wasted a turn using Helping Hand on the other! I swear the Universe would have exploded if they both went through, but Emerald deemed the second HH invalid. Phew. Beat them after some Synchorize and Stun Spore abuse, and got to training mah Pogermans all up to level 20.

My team as follows:

Enigma - Timid female Ralts- L18
                        Roasty - Quirky female Shroomish - L18
                        Juan - Bold male Marshtomp - L20

My plan is to evolve Enigma and Roasty before I move on.
                        Old September 13th, 2009 (7:18 AM).

So far my Team is pretty Lame, But i plan on Working on it.
                          I have:
                          Ivysaur level 26
                          Leech Seed
                          Razor leaf
                          Tackle
                          Sleep Powder

Pidgeotto level 26
                          Gust
                          Quick Attack
                          Tackle
                          Whirlwhind

And..

Parasect level 24
                          Stun Spore
                          Poison Powder
                          Dig
                          Cut

Yeah i know, its a Suck team...
                          Old September 13th, 2009 (6:22 PM).
                          what's your sign?

Well, I evolved Enigma into a Kirlia in hopes of getting some better moves upon evolution (the only offensive attack the poor girl has is Confusion). I bought some Harbor Mail, kicked Brendan's sorry tail (hey that rhymed), and walked into the streets of Mauville ready to... get a bike and a Badge, among other things.

Well, the first thing I did was trade my useless Harbor Mail for a Coin Case, which I've decided I'm never going to use after looking at the price of TM Psychic. Geez. [shudders] And Thunderbolt I won't bother with, because I'll be getting TM Shockwave in a few minutes to use on my future Magneton - yeah, I'll be using a Magneton. As well as another excuse to name something mechanical 'Helio', I need an Electric-type and I know from playing through Sapphire with him that this guy is one of the better slot-fillers. Anyway, onto Wattson.

So Juan, being a Ground-type with Mud Shot, breezed through this place. Voltorb? One turn of Rollout before getting Mud-shot. Electrike didn't even attack before it dropped. Magneton, after sending out a Sonicboom which didn't do much, also dropped to the might of Mud Shot. And then there was Manectric... he was the only one who gave me trouble. Mud Shot didn't faint him, and he kept using Howl to boost... something. Attack, I believe. Anyway, he healed with a Sitrus Berry and kept Howling until repetitions of Mud Shot and one critical-hit Tackle made him drop. And with that Wattson infected me with the WAHAHA virus and, more importantly, forked over the Dynamobadge.

And now I'm healing with my level 26 Marshtomp and the other two, who haven't changed much. Both are still level 20, and I really need to evolve Roasty soon.
                            Old September 19th, 2009 (7:52 AM).
                            Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
                              I just sold my WHOLE bag on both S and FR to buy some Pkballs .
                              Gonna catch some Pokes gonna migrate on my Pt.

Old September 19th, 2009 (8:07 AM).
                              case CLOSED.
                              • Crystal Tier

I beat Maxie on Ruby and I'm trying to get Cuttin'! (Combusken) to evolve before Flannery.

Don't feel like posting pictures, but...and yes, the movesets are supposed to be bad. It's a challenge.

Cuttin'!/Combusken lv. 33
                              Cut
                              Strength
                              Ember
                              Rock Smash

Aere/Breloom lv. 29
                              Strength
                              Flash
                              Leech Seed
                              Rock Smash

Deka/Mawile lv. 29
                              Strength
                              Rock Smash
                              Fake Tears
                              Faint Attack

Mara/Skarmory lv. 28
                              Peck
                              Cut
                              Rock Smash
                              Agility

challenges | klippy
                              Old September 19th, 2009 (8:18 AM).
                              Probably back.

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by SilverSmeargleSplatter View Post
                                I beat Maxie on Ruby and I'm trying to get Cuttin'! (Combusken) to evolve before Flannery.

Don't feel like posting pictures, but...and yes, the movesets are supposed to be bad. It's a challenge.

Cuttin'!/Combusken lv. 33
                                Cut
                                Strength
                                Ember
                                Rock Smash

Aere/Breloom lv. 29
                                Strength
                                Flash
                                Leech Seed
                                Rock Smash

Deka/Mawile lv. 29
                                Strength
                                Rock Smash
                                Fake Tears
                                Faint Attack

Mara/Skarmory lv. 28
                                Peck
                                Cut
                                Rock Smash
                                Agility

Man... U really are up to a challenge .
                                Anyways from my FR I migrated these 6

BUTTERFREE Lv. 21 Item : Rare Candy
                                DODORIO Lv. 56 Item : Master Ball (never used that )
                                SUICUNE Lv. 59 (yes , I caught him and not with the MB ! It is in an Ultra Ball )
                                MEWTWO Lv. 73 ( The Cerulean Cave )
                                CHARMANDER Lv. 2 Item : Apicot Berry ( some hax to get 999 Apicot Berrys )
                                ARBOK Lv. 39 ( Just an Arbok I evolved from Ekans 4 Pkdex )

^ This was for filloing my Pkdex and Boxes . Now I am too lazy to turn on Sapphire and migrate ^

Old September 20th, 2009 (6:33 AM).
                                case CLOSED.
                                • Crystal Tier

Okay, one was older, one was newer, and the old was in the wrong forum. So, they've been merged. Carry on with your journies. :D

challenges | klippy
                                Old September 20th, 2009 (11:25 AM).
                                • Gold Tier

Wow, just found this section, kwl.

So, i've just restarted my Emerald Game.

-Chose character name and gender
                                -went and saved Prof. Birch from the Zigzagoon
                                -Got Torchic, nickname "Blaze" (Jolly first time, how lucky??)
                                -Went and battered Brendaon on route 103
                                -Got given pokedex and pokeballs
                                -went catching in Route 101, caught Wurmple (m and f)
                                -caught a poochyena
                                -caught a wingull, nickname "gullywings" (i nicknamed wingull that the first time i
                                played Emerald, as it was my first pokemon game) on Route 103
                                -Went through Route 102
                                -Caught an Adamant Zigzagoon, nickname "Ziggyzoom"
                                -Caught m and f Ralts, Timid and Jolly (sadly jolly is female, so no migrating for a gallade)
                                -Caught Lotad, nickname "Tads"
                                -Arrived in Petalburg City
                                -Helped Wally catch his Ralts
                                -Trekked through Petalburg Woods to Rustboro
                                -Caught Marill, Shroomish m and f (Jolly and Gentle), Silcoon, Cascoon, Taillow m and f
                                -Blaze evolved
                                -Ziggyzoom reached lv.10
                                -Arrived in Rustboro City
                                -Traded Jolly Female Ralts for Dots the Seedot with Kobe
                                -Caught Abra, Whismur on Route 116
                                -Challenged Rustboro Gym
                                -Received Rustboro Gym Badge
                                -Chased Aqua Grunt through Route 116 into Rusturf Tunnel
                                -Caught Nincada
                                -Ziggyzoom dealt Aqua Grunt a lot of Headbutting
                                -Went back to Littleroot Town, adding everyone in newly received PokeNav
                                -Caught Slakoth in Petalburg Woods
                                -Went to Dewford
                                -Challenged Dewford Gym
                                -Brawly's Makuhite took down Blaze, then dispatched Ziggyzoom and Slakoth (HM Slave) with Arm Thrust 1HKOs
                                -Went through Granite Cave to meet Steven
                                -Caught Zubat, Naive, and Aron.
                                -Delivered Letter
                                -Returned to Dewford Town and got an Old Rod
                                -Fished up and caught a Magikarp
                                -Hitched a ride on Mr Briney's boat to Petalburg
                                -Went to Devon Hq and got given Exp. Share
                                -Returned to Dewford

Current Activity: Deciding whether to Challenge Brawly, or plod on to Slateport, deliver Devon Goods, meet Archie and level up Zubat until it gets Wing Attack

Current Team:

Ziggyzoom lv.14
                                Adamant
                                Pickup
                                37/19/21/27/13/20
                                Tackle
                                Sand Attack
                                Tail Whip
                                Heabutt

CroGoZu lv.9
                                Naive
                                Inner Focus
                                28/14/14/18/12/12
                                Leech Life
                                Supersonic

Slakoth lv.5
                                Hardy
                                Truant
                                HM Moves:
                                Cut

Blaze lv.21
                                Jolly
                                Blaze
                                60/41/32/34/39/35
                                Scratch
                                Peck
                                Double Kick
                                Ember
                                Old September 22nd, 2009 (5:26 AM).
                                The Swiftiest
                                • Crystal Tier

Nature: Docile
                                Restarted Pokemon FireRed and spent a while resetting for an Adamant Charmander. Finally got one and set off on my journey.

Did the boring 'get-Oak's-parcel-and-bring-it-back-to-him-because-he's-too-lazy-to-go-and-get-it-himself' quest and then trained Charmander a bit. I also caught a Pidgey to use as a HM Slave.

Current Team

Charmander♂ - Lv.9
                                Adamant
                                - Scratch
                                - Growl
                                - Ember
                                Old September 22nd, 2009 (10:11 AM).
                                • Gold Tier

Emerald:

-Boxed away CroGoZu
                                -Decided to go to Slateport
                                -Battled way through Slateport Beach
                                -Delivered Devon Goods
                                -Won Battle Tent Once
                                -Went back to Dewford
                                -Beat Brawly
                                -Went Back to Slateport
                                -Battled Up Route 110 to Trick House
                                -Completed Trick House Challenge, during which, Ziggyzoom evolved
                                -Obliterated Route 103
                                -Returned to Slateport Poke Center
                                -Healed Pokes, saved and quit.

Current Team:

Ziggyzoom lv.21
                                Adamant
                                Pickup
                                66/45/37/34/35/54
                                Tackle
                                Odor Sleuth
                                Swagger
                                Heabutt

Slakoth lv.5
                                Hardy
                                Truant
                                HM Moves:
                                Cut

Blaze lv.24
                                Jolly
                                Blaze
                                68/47/36/44/39/38
                                Scratch
                                Peck
                                Double Kick
                                Ember
                                Old September 22nd, 2009 (1:33 PM).
                                You Think You Can Beat Me?!

Ok

In Silph. Co:

With:

Level 51 Blastiose

Level 10 Pidgy HM SLAVE FOR FLY

Level 3 Rattata HM SLAVE FOR ROCK SMASH AND CUT

Level 5 Pikcahu HM SLAVE FOR FLASH
                                  Old September 22nd, 2009 (7:49 PM).
                                  Captain of the Awesome Team

Nature: Bold
                                    I never really payed much attention to my LeafGreen game. FireRed had always been my main game (130+ hours), but now that I found out my nine year-old brother started over on it, I've decided to play both FR and LG equally.

I'll keep you guys updated as I play through both games.

HeartGold Friend Code 2021 1933 2778
                                    Diamond Friend Code 3609 1143 1938

http://twitter.com/pkmnadv
                                    http://pkmnadv.wordpress.com/
                                    http://www.youtube.com/user/pkmnadv
                                    Old September 22nd, 2009 (8:13 PM).
                                    The Swiftiest
                                    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Docile
                                    Played some more of FireRed today. I went out onto Route 22 and attempted to catch an Adamant Spearow, the first one I found turned out to be Adamant. That made my day. I then trained Spearow and Charmander in Viridian Forest, they both got to level 11 and then I took on Green (my rival). The result was expected, I easily won.

Current Team

Charmander♂ - Lv.11
                                    Adamant
                                    - Scratch
                                    - Growl
                                    - Ember

Spearow♂ - Lv.11
                                    Adamant
                                    - Peck
                                    - Growl
                                    - Leer
                                    Old September 22nd, 2009 (11:41 PM).
                                    the fairy type gymleader

Nature: Adamant
                                      I restarted my Leaf Green about 20 minutes ago, currently I'm up to Viridian Forest with only one pokemon,

, Level 10
                                      - Tackle
                                      - Growl
                                      - Leech Seed
                                      - Vine Whip
                                      Closed Thread

Quick Reply