• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
var numbers and values are used for level scripts so views coolys level script tut and you can only ask questions not request links or anything along the line of requesting material
And scripts that have applymovement? Or are you talking about the map header, if so, disregard this post.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I just don't know what var number to set based on what kind of script i'm placing on the map. Every guide I've managed so far tells me how to do everything but that. :(

I set my script's var number to 4050, which allows the message window to pop up and say what I put in the script but it seems my applymovement command doesn't activate.

Unfortunately, now I know I'm getting off topic since this isn't the script help thread. >_<

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I just don't know what var number to set based on what kind of script i'm placing on the map. Every guide I've managed so far tells me how to do everything but that. :(

I set my script's var number to 4050, which allows the message window to pop up and say what I put in the script but it seems my applymovement command doesn't activate.

Unfortunately, now I know I'm getting off topic since this isn't the script help thread. >_<
Okay that's what I thought lol. What always worked for me(If I remember right)is 4352 and the unknows as 0300.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
I'm having a bizarre problem. It seems that whenever I open up a menu that takes the entire screen (such as my bag), after I come out of the menu I end up controlling a different NPC than the hero. It's as if the game switches from controlling the hero over to the nearest NPC. Any idea what could be causing that problem?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm having a bizarre problem. It seems that whenever I open up a menu that takes the entire screen (such as my bag), after I come out of the menu I end up controlling a different NPC than the hero. It's as if the game switches from controlling the hero over to the nearest NPC. Any idea what could be causing that problem?
Change the NPC that you end up controlling to have a movement of 11

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
I'm working on scripting the rival encounter after applying JPAN's patch, which means I'm doing it all from scrap. I've figured out how to place the 3 pokeballs, how to pick 1, and then how to make it so the rival takes the appropriate one.
Now, I want to start a rival battle under an entirely new script. What I can't figure out how to do is how to make a script that uses the appropriate rival (146, 147, or 148) against me based on the starter I chose. I've tried looking through the original rival game scripts for answers, but those giant walls of text are too much for a noob like me.

So, how do I make the game use the right rival against me?

Also, I'm randomly getting a pokemon cry when I navigate the game world. No clue why or what the cry is. Any ideas? It happens infrequently, maybe on minute marks or so.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009
How does one know which is the original/base ROM to a hack?
(Specifically, I am wondering regarding Toxic Purple)

Last edited:

mch

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2010
Search for what the surf script says(The water looks calm...)in A-Text. Look at all the offsets in XSE or a hex editor. When you find the right one, edit it.

I've found the script at "1A6AC8", Waterfall too, at "1BE2C5", but unlike the rest Flash has only the description "Light up darkness" in the menu, which doesn't help to find it.

(How can you find/What is) the offset for the Flash script?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I've found the script at "1A6AC8", Waterfall too, at "1BE2C5", but unlike the rest Flash has only the description "Light up darkness" in the menu, which doesn't help to find it.

(How can you find/What is) the offset for the Flash script?
Hmm...I'm not too sure on that one, let me get back to you.

Okay, I'm having trouble with level scripts. I can make one just fine, but(when in the players room) A-Map won't let me change the offsets or anything. Help pl0x. Thanks.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hmm...I'm not too sure on that one, let me get back to you.

Okay, I'm having trouble with level scripts. I can make one just fine, but(when in the players room) A-Map won't let me change the offsets or anything. Help pl0x. Thanks.

Dn't use a-map for the branches of level scripts. Create your own (including the bits that can only be accessed in the pro-header view). Then compile it and replce the map script offset (pro-header view) with your new offset. :P

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How does one know which is the original/base ROM to a hack?
(Specifically, I am wondering regarding Toxic Purple)

While it's usually specified in the 1st post, you can still get the info yourself using a hex editor or loading the ROM using RHEA.

Years
How does one replace the following pokemon?
I've tried replacing them with unLZ, but sadly the palette is screwed...
Help would be nice.

Baltoy
Luvdisc

Another problem, how can I change Shedinja's HP? I tried using YAPE, but it still remains at 1.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
i looked around on here, and on other sites, and in unzl gba but i cant seem to find what im looking for

i need to replace all images of the male and female charecters and your rival.
rival not so hard hes in the trainer sprites area. (unless theres one im missing? if there is please tell me)

so i need to find in unzl where the main charecters image is for when you choose gender, the backsprite, and the battling trainer sprite.

please help

How does one replace the following pokemon?
I've tried replacing them with unLZ, but sadly the palette is screwed...
Help would be nice.

Baltoy
Luvdisc

Another problem, how can I change Shedinja's HP? I tried using YAPE, but it still remains at 1.
for the first part im not sure, im rubbish at the palette stuff

but the second one is cause by his special effect, i cant remeber off the top of my head if yape is able to fix that. but thats your goal... im pretty certian

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
i looked around on here, and on other sites, and in unzl gba but i cant seem to find what im looking for

i need to replace all images of the male and female charecters and your rival.
rival not so hard hes in the trainer sprites area. (unless theres one im missing? if there is please tell me)

so i need to find in unzl where the main charecters image is for when you choose gender, the backsprite, and the battling trainer sprite.

please help

oops didnt mean to double post that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back