• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

TheWannabe

I Wannabe A PRO!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
ooo thanks looks good and you know ways that would work with him good with this set like other pokemon

and would dd work better than swrod dance cause of the speed boost also?

Last edited:

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
Years
  • Age 32
  • MTU
  • Seen Feb 13, 2012
ooo thanks looks good and you know ways that would work with him good with this set like other pokemon

I would recommend Gardevoir to set up screens for him to make his setting up just a bit easer. It can also take the nasty thunderbolts, and energy balls that can get aimed at him.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
and would dd work better than swrod dance cause of the speed boost also?
Swords Dance would be better because it boosts the power of Aqua Jet more. If something outruns you, just use that, and it probably OHKO, or at least do a good amount of damage.

And, if you use Dragon Dance, you really don't need Aqua Jet as you already are fast, but it does hit revenge killers I guess.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
Swords Dance would be better because it boosts the power of Aqua Jet more. If something outruns you, just use that, and it probably OHKO, or at least do a good amount of damage.

And, if you use Dragon Dance, you really don't need Aqua Jet as you already are fast, but it does hit revenge killers I guess.

+1 Adamant Gatr is still outsped by 390+ .... I guess SD Gatr is still good thanks to Aqua Jet , it outclasses Empoleon at SD + Priority ( which this set of Empoleon isnt really seen like the SubPetaya )

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
Would Brine be a good option for this Lapras:

Lapras @ Leftovers
192 HP / 112 Def / 160 SpA / 44 SpD
Surf / Ice Beam / Thunder Bolt / Brine

Or should I just stick with Toxic instead of Brine?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
Dunno about Lapras but Brine seems to be a bad Idea since you already got Surf ....

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
Is this a good idea to EV train Tangrowth?

I'm thinking about trying to EV train Tangrowths Special defense as much as possible (252 EV points i think). Is that a good idea or should i focus only on making him a physical wall?

His base Special Defense stat is 50 btw.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Would Brine be a good option for this Lapras:

Lapras @ Leftovers
192 HP / 112 Def / 160 SpA / 44 SpD
Surf / Ice Beam / Thunder Bolt / Brine

Or should I just stick with Toxic instead of Brine?

Brine is totally inferior to surf, definitely use Toxic so you can deal with dedicated special walls that Lapras can't hit through.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I'm thinking about trying to EV train Tangrowths Special defense as much as possible (252 EV points i think). Is that a good idea or should i focus only on making him a physical wall?

His base Special Defense stat is 50 btw.

No stick to physical defense. Eving sp.def wont help and even more so since he lacks resistances on that side.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
I'm also asking if you guys think that these EV points i put on my Luxray was good?
Defense: 180 EV points (45 stat bonus total)
sp. defense:168 EV points (42 stat bonus total)
Speed: 80 EV points (20 stat bonus total)
Attack: 60 EV points (15 stat bonus total)

Please respond and tell me if these are any good :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I'm also asking if you guys think that these EV points i put on my Luxray was good?

Luxray isn't the type to run bulky spreads to be honest, unless you are taking advantage of Intimidate (where you just use 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA). Its Attack and Speed is where you should focus on.

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed is the best w/ a positive Speed Nature even though it is really simple. 252 Speed lets it outrun Milotic before it can damage you with Surf, etc. Then there's 244 Speed if you want to outspeed Naive / Hasty Blaziken. 228 Speed to outrun Adamant Feraligatr before it can OHKO you with Earthquake. I can show more benchmarks if you want. ;]

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years

The EVs should really be dependent on the set you're running, but that spread won't be of any use to Luxray.

If you're running an offensive set, EVs should mostly be placed in Attack/Special Attack and speed. The most common spread for his purely physical offensive sets is 40 HP / 252 Attack / 216 Speed, but I don't know what moves you're using, so I can't say for sure. It would be helpful if you posted his other information like nature and moveset ;D

EDIT: Damn you Wolfy =P

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
Luxray isn't the type to run bulky spreads to be honest, unless you are taking advantage of Intimidate (where you just use 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA). Its Attack and Speed is where you should focus on.

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed is the best w/ a positive Speed Nature even though it is really simple. 252 Speed lets it outrun Milotic before it can damage you with Surf, etc. Then there's 244 Speed if you want to outspeed Naive / Hasty Blaziken. 228 Speed to outrun Adamant Feraligatr before it can OHKO you with Earthquake. I can show more benchmarks if you want. ;]

Well...dammit :(

Now i have to start all over again :( EV training is tedius lol XD

Could you answer my question about Tangrowth aswell?

And i might awell ask this while i'm at it. Would Xatu make a good special wall?

Edit: and no i don't think you need to show me any more benchmarks :P

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

And i might awell ask this while i'm at it. Would Xatu make a good special wall?

I answered about it on the previous page.

And no not really, Xatu cant take repeated hits and is SR weak and weak to alot of special attacks.

Zakarii

Pekachu Puhrity <3
Years

Edit: and no i don't think you need to show me any more benchmarks :P
I'm not a expert on this sort of stuff, but I'd say no. Go with something more like Blissey or Bronzong. They'd probaly get the job done.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
I answered about it on the previous page.

And no not really, Xatu cant take repeated hits and is SR weak and weak to alot of special attacks.

Oh. okay. then. But i'm still going to try to find a way to make Xatu usefull! :D

EDit: and i can't find your quote when you tell me about tangrowth :( sorry for my noobness :P

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
What's a good Bulk Up Gallade set?

Oh and on a side note, do y'all think Latias is at risky out being Ubered after the Suspect testing?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
What's a good Bulk Up Gallade set?

Oh and on a side note, do y'all think Latias is at risky out being Ubered after the Suspect testing?

Latias is the least likely to get moved up, its basically guaranteed OU.

Gallade@Letovers
252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak
- Psycho Cut / Stone Edge / Ice Punch
- Drain Punch / Brick Break

Something like this ?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Latias is the least likely to get moved up, its basically guaranteed OU.

Gallade@Letovers
252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak
- Psycho Cut / Stone Edge / Ice Punch
- Drain Punch / Brick Break

Something like this ?

That looks good I'm thinking Jolly to outspeed SD Luke and hit it with a Drain Punch or Brick Break. Also considered Big Root to up the recovery from Drain Punch.

Really? I was considering using Latias but feared she would get banished to Ubers soon. Also you told me before that Roserade is now OU or BL but Smogon still lists it as UU, however TeamUber (another community I'm in) has Roserade listed as OU now.

Back