• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Registering .ocx files for tools- Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

Herlo, Everybody. I notice too much complaints that certain tools can't be used because of .ocx problems and so. Well, on XP, the method to download an register them is pretty easy, so I'll breifly say it:

*Click Start> Run

*Then type

regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\(yourocxhereandremovethebrackets)

And you have sucessfully registered it. If you have it disabled... Ok I'm working on Vista here. Please refer to where else for XP.

Windows Vista Method

Click the Windows Icon, and choose All Programs, Accessories, and Right-Click Command Prompt

2mor020.png

Then, choose Run as Administrator. You should now see the Command Prompt with Title: Administrator: Command Prompt.

28gtszp.png

Write this line:

%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32

leave a space, and go on:

%systemroot%\system32\(ocxhereandremovethebrackets)

241oz60.png

Then press enter.

2cdzm1f.png

If you get that message, then you have done it right. Now I can use Sappy on Vista and I don't have to switch to XP to use Music. You'll like that too. Because you can now use Advance Text, and other tools on Vista.

I hope I helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

wizard...

Zombie Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 29, 2010
Plus, (I've had to do this with the ocx file: comdlg32.ocx) sometimes your registry doesn't always catch on and an error interrupts the process.

If you get a "Line 75" error go to google and search for Registry Easy. Download it, the demo version will get your ocx and dll files all synced up.

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
Years
Please help, I'm new here. I get

Code:
C:\Windows\system32>
And I make it (and by the way I do not see a regsvr32 folder)

Code:
C:\Windows\system32>%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\Comdlg32.ocx
And I get

Code:
The module 'C:\Windows\System32\Comdlg32.ocx' failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the Binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found.
The file is named "Comdlg32.ocx". There is also a comdlg32.dll. Should I try it with that? Should I make the ocx lowercase? Thank you.

Note: Wothout this, I can not use Advance Text or Mart, Intro Ed, or most of the things in the Elite Map folder group.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2010
I had that problem too. I'm using Vista.
Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
After it says C:\Windows\system32> , type
Regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx

So the final line looks like this
C:\Windows\system32>Regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx

NatureKeeper

C:\Windows\system32>%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\Comdlg32.ocx

Why is all that?

If you are using Vista, it should be.
(Disc)\Users\(User)> %systemroot%\system32\regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\comdlg32.ocx

You must write it THE SAME EXACT DIRECTORY NAME.

dragonarche

Is back :D
Years
nice tut oh and i found this other instructions that may help some that cant do it
sorce: aliensoftware
How to Register an OCX File If you are receiving errors about an ocx file, registering the file may solve the problem. To register an ocx file simply follow the simple steps below.

1.Locate the file using windows explorer or My Computer. Alternatively search for the filename.

2.Hold down the shift key and right click on the file. Then click 'Open With...' from the menu.

3.An 'Open With' dialog box should appear. Click the button 'Other...'.

4.Navigate to your windows\system32 directory and select the file 'RegSvr32.exe'. Do a file search for it if you have trouble locating the exact folder. On Windows 2000 it is typically located in c:\WINNT\System32. Click Open to select the file. Then click OK on the 'Open With' dialog.

5.You should see a message indicating the file was successfully registered. If you see an error message, try restarting your computer and going through the above process again.
And you can download some .ocx files here
http://www.aliensoftware.co.uk/Files/download_ocx_files.asp

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
For Windows 7 users, if you want old tools to work with a lot less hassle, I suggest installing Windows Virtual XP (Google is your friend =) ). However, even after installing it, Sappy will not work right away. You have to register the necessary ocx files for sappy in the virtual xp for it to work on the virtual xp. Then it will work. I have so far found no way of getting Sappy to work in Windows 7 without Virtual XP.

NatureKeeper

If you can't solve basic computer problems (Windows, especially), then you really shouldn't be rom hacking.

If this is directed to me, I don't like venturing into these things...

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I never bothered even downloading these files before because I never use sappy and a text is useless and a mart is useless just use pksv or xse. but I can see this helping some people that cant script and like playing around with music.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
That's a good one. I've always wanted to run tile molester, a-text and o/w resizer.

Years
Well, like him said, you have to copy it EXACTLY like it was written. Like this one:

C: \Windows\System32\

So you have to copy exactly it says... it would be like this:
C: \Windows\System32\regsvr32 C: \Windows\System32\comdlg32.ocx

Then just press ENTER and be happy ^-^ (Well, it worked the time I tried)

sry the bad english, I am brazilian :\

NatureKeeper

It's not. It's just a generic statement. Nothing more.
And besides, having written this tutorial clearly shows you can do this on your own and are a bit knowledgeable about Windows.

Well, I don't have Windows Vista anymore. It's nice to see I helped, anyway.

That's a good one. I've always wanted to run tile molester, a-text and o/w resizer.

Good Luck, Ray! :D (No more DeathWish FTW!)

I never bothered even downloading these files before because I never use sappy and a text is useless and a mart is useless just use pksv or xse. but I can see this helping some people that cant script and like playing around with music.

... Not only sappy is required.

Besides, there is not much of a way of editing intros of Pokémon Ruby and the FireRed Oak-Talk Intro without A-text, so there.

Some newbies want to use A-mart.

And Sappy is an essential for Rom-hackers now. Pokémon or not.

Well, like him said, you have to copy it EXACTLY like it was written. Like this one:

C: \Windows\System32\

So you have to copy exactly it says... it would be like this:
C: \Windows\System32\regsvr32 C: \Windows\System32\comdlg32.ocx

Then just press ENTER and be happy ^-^ (Well, it worked the time I tried)

sry the bad english, I am brazilian :\

That's what I am talking about!

P.S: You had only one grammar mistake, so do not care much for posting this comment in any of your posts. Just focus on correcting 'em. ;)

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2010
Plus, (I've had to do this with the ocx file: comdlg32.ocx) sometimes your registry doesn't always catch on and an error interrupts the process.

If you get a "Line 75" error go to google and search for Registry Easy. Download it, the demo version will get your ocx and dll files all synced up.
I've been trying to make that ocx work for a while...for Poke Editor Pro so I can make bowser a pokemon. xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
Okay, so I got Sappy opened after doing what you suggested. But it crashes when I try to load something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back