• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Image66-1.png
Image69-1.png

As seen here, I've started the task of updating the little battle platforms, for lack of a better term, to the DPPt graphics (I could hack the backgrounds too, but I think that is something that I will wait a while to do, if I do it at all ^^' ). Also, our player Pichu finally appears as a Pichu from the back at the battle's start - believe it or not, that's something I only changed yesterday! XD
I like the new battle platform thingies. They seem more chaotic than the ones in the original games, which works well.

Image68-1.png

When you or a team mate are summoned into battle, you no longer appear from a Pokeball - there's just a slight pause, and then you poof into the scene. ^^' Incidentally, I do want to replace that "Go! Your Name Here!" text with something else, but given the lack of space at that offset, I think the only thing I could change it to is have it simply display the name of whatever character is in front; or I could just erase it altogether. Does anyone have other suggestions?
Just having the name works. Or you could have it say "!" or something... or nothing. XD

Flash-born? What is Flash-born?
It says in the first post:

"'Flash-born' - the descendants (lacking in sapience and filled with violence) of those Pokemon close to blast-range who managed to survive and reproduce"

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Awwwwwwww.... how cute... wait a minute, err uhh... this hackis is teh mazingness!

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Woohoo! It's back! Finally you found something you could post. :P The DPP graphics are looking fine, definitely an improvement. Can't wait to see what else is coming up. :D

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
When you or a team mate are summoned into battle, you no longer appear from a Pokeball - there's just a slight pause, and then you poof into the scene. ^^' Incidentally, I do want to replace that "Go! Your Name Here!" text with something else, but given the lack of space at that offset, I think the only thing I could change it to is have it simply display the name of whatever character is in front; or I could just erase it altogether. Does anyone have other suggestions?

You could do something like "[your name here] VS [opponents name here]"

( [opponents name here] should be the same as when you encounter a wild pokemon: "a wild [random pokemon] appeared!")

PS: I'm a fan of both New Jersey quest and super rising thunder. Keep up the brilliant work!

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Koolio! It's awesome to see this hack up and running again. You pay attention to so much detail. xD. The story,plot, dialogue has the most, but the little things as some of the engine text and gaphics really add to it ^^

So, how did the fanfiction contest go?

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
How about instea of go! [pokemons name] make it Help me, [pokemon's name]!

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Well, I just read the storyline, and to be honest.. I'm speechless.

This is one of the most promising hacks I've ever seen. Keep it up!

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
hey for the battle text (the one that normally says go [pokemon name]) you could put something like: [pokemon's name]: Leave it to me! (so it would look like "Pirca: Leave it to me!") or something like that... just throwing an idea out there for ya

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Great, Lots of DETAIL, Makes me wish i was a pichu...(ok maybe a shiny raikou). But anyways it looks so pro so far, great work. Yea i agree with the tree thing, doesn't look much natural to me, or box if that helps you feelings, but then again i'm not one to talk about mapping XD

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
The last time I played a hack like this
was Rescue Rangers.
This looks as good as it!
Or maybe even better...
Good luck!:D

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
I know that Mjollnir is spelled with 2 "L"s

well actually, I'm quite interested on what this hack's perspective is, good luck with this :D

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I do now, Ash XD I apologize for my rather lengthy absence - I was sick with a respiratory infection and too tired and stuffy and miserable to do much of anything ^^' But progress should move along at a better pace now that I'm...well...better :) (And to quickly answer the question that was brought up in my absence - "Mjolnir" is a legitimate alternate spelling for "Mjöllnir", aka Thor's Hammer. "Mjolnir" may not be strictly correct in terms of Norse Mythology, but it's correct for the Raichu character in the game ^^ ).

Anyway, what little I've done on the game amid my illness are all graphical and sound based edits. I took the advice I was given early in the thread and added in HGSS grass:

Image74-1.png
Image75-1.png
Image76-1.png
Image73-1.png

I'm not totally happy with it though - do you have any suggestions? :)

Also, I did a lot of experimenting with music insertion, looping, and DirectSound instruments, even if I don't have too much to show for it at the moment - only one "new" song is in the game so far, the Pokemon Stadium remix of the Johto Trainer theme =P I put up a new Youtube video to demonstrate the song in action, and included a short clip at the end showing Pirca the pichu running through the new grass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vinROX-rBU
(If someone tells me how to embed, I'll love you forever XD )

I was also thinking about changing and improving the maps; however, I feel that the new version of the "starter town" map I've been working on really isn't all that different from the old, and has all its flaws. Keep in mind of course that this is an incomplete map loaded with placeholder tiles; I am uploading it in this state for advice. Should I continue and finish what I have here (the bushes will be turned into trees, flowers, and other objects; and the trees will NOT look like that on the final map XD ), or should I scrap it because it ultimately isn't an improvement? What can I do to improve it while it's still in the works? I've read the mapping tutorials and I've looked at the work of those with real talent in the area, but I just feel like such a failure when it comes to appealing maps :( Any help you want to offer, I would really appreciate ^__^

newforestbeta2.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I do now, Ash XD I apologize for my rather lengthy absence - I was sick with a respiratory infection and too tired and stuffy and miserable to do much of anything ^^' But progress should move along at a better pace now that I'm...well...better :) (And to quickly answer the question that was brought up in my absence - "Mjolnir" is a legitimate alternate spelling for "Mjöllnir", aka Thor's Hammer. "Mjolnir" may not be strictly correct in terms of Norse Mythology, but it's correct for the Raichu character in the game ^^ ).

Anyway, what little I've done on the game amid my illness are all graphical and sound based edits. I took the advice I was given early in the thread and added in HGSS grass:

Image74-1.png
Image75-1.png
Image76-1.png
Image73-1.png

I'm not totally happy with it though - do you have any suggestions? :)

Also, I did a lot of experimenting with music insertion, looping, and DirectSound instruments, even if I don't have too much to show for it at the moment - only one "new" song is in the game so far, the Pokemon Stadium remix of the Johto Trainer theme =P I put up a new Youtube video to demonstrate the song in action, and included a short clip at the end showing Pirca the pichu running through the new grass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vinROX-rBU
(If someone tells me how to embed, I'll love you forever XD )

I was also thinking about changing and improving the maps; however, I feel that the new version of the "starter town" map I've been working on really isn't all that different from the old, and has all its flaws. Keep in mind of course that this is an incomplete map loaded with placeholder tiles; I am uploading it in this state for advice. Should I continue and finish what I have here (the bushes will be turned into trees, flowers, and other objects; and the trees will NOT look like that on the final map XD ), or should I scrap it because it ultimately isn't an improvement? What can I do to improve it while it's still in the works? I've read the mapping tutorials and I've looked at the work of those with real talent in the area, but I just feel like such a failure when it comes to appealing maps :( Any help you want to offer, I would really appreciate ^__^

newforestbeta.png
Well, I can see many tile errors with the small trees like you said, but it looks okay If you do add more flowers and trees in place of the bushes...and is an good map...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back