• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

Vittorini

Expert Trainer
Years
First make sure the warp is on the tile in front of the exit,

Secondly make that tile is the first cave floor tile you see.
It be should after a black block in the cave tile area of the tileset.

If all else fails, open the tile with the warp on it and set its behavior byte to 08 00

I'm happy that your trying to help but it still won't work. My warp is on the tile in front of the exit, and the tile is the first cave floor tile in the tileset. Since all else really has failed, can you tell me a little bit more on how to edit the behavior byte of the warp? In my version of advance map (I think its the latest one) when a warp is selected I cannot open it in my script editor (XSE).

Also, one extra detail I noticed, when I enter the cave I am facing down. I think that is a little weird. If you want me to upload pictures of the maps I want to connect, let me know.

EDIT: I figured out how to set the behavior byte and it is at 08 00, so I guess that's not the problem :(
EDIT 2: Lol. I was messing around with the behavior bytes and decided to try 61 00, which is "use warp" and that worked perfectly. haha

Last edited:
Years
Hi, when I try and change a tile or put a new one over an existing one in paint, only the background colour shows when I load the tileset on block editor. Could you help me please?

luker05

Banned
Years
Map Connection Offsets

I have no idea how to set the offset in map connections.
If someone would mind helpin me out with this, thatd be great.
Untitled-5.png

RegisteelX

Too many days to get lost
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
i made a warp to a place, but everytime i enter, the screen turns black.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Whenever I make a new map the title set I use with it becomes all messed up and distorted, where I can't use it.

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
Years
Quick Question do i have to insert a Script for a rocksmashable rock on Fire Red?

If so what should i mkae it like?

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
Quick Question do i have to insert a Script for a rocksmashable rock on Fire Red?

If so what should i mkae it like?

Just set a person's sprite to a rock (no 96 I think) and then you should be able to put the script as $1BE00C and it will work.

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
Years
Ok im using advanced map and XSE i want to change what professor oak is saying for my intro. I open up the Script Editor and chnage his Speech and nothing else. I click Save but when i close it and go to open script again its the orginal! Please Help me!

Years
This is a great tut,because it teaches me how to connect the maps...(Well,I mean connect them right)
By the way,how to create a new city name?I don't want to replace the old ones...

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This is a great tut,because it teaches me how to connect the maps...(Well,I mean connect them right)
By the way,how to create a new city name?I don't want to replace the old ones...

ASM unfortunately. I think A-map used to have this function but it kept on freezing the maps with the new map names.

Back