• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
It looks pretty good, just that the quality of some of the screenshots is slightly degraded.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2010
I downloaded the latest beta and I am hooked!!!

But I do have one question, you think that it'll be possible to get Brock and Misty (Tracey and Todd in the future) to join Ash's party and they follow you around and if possible the player gets to choose which character to use and top use their pokemon? That would definently be awesome, but it may require TOO MUCh scripting don't u think?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
this hack looks GREAT! but u should change ash's sprite and brooks sprite (battle sprite) cause they look kinda bad painted like that. but this has great potentiol

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
But I do have one question, you think that it'll be possible to get Brock and Misty (Tracey and Todd in the future) to join Ash's party and they follow you around and if possible the player gets to choose which character to use and top use their pokemon? That would definently be awesome, but it may require TOO MUCh scripting don't u think?
If I can say anything it'd be annoying have 'em follow you everywhere...
And there's a way through ASM.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
If I can say anything it'd be annoying have 'em follow you everywhere...
And there's a way through ASM.

True. I wouldn't want two random OWs following you around.. not even saying anything... And In the anime they are always talking...

Years
Oh.

Speaking honestly, I'm really quite sick of Anime hacks based on the First season (and the Orange Islands, whatever season that was). It's a pity no one will base one on when Ash was in Hoenn.
But on the other hand, this actually looks pretty awesome, so well done. I haven't watched a full series of the Anime in years, but from the screenshots I remembered that very first episode- which I actually have on VHS (it's yellow, lol).
*shakes off nostalgia* Aaaanyways, this is a really great looking hack. It's impressive, since you're working alone. Best of luck for finishing this!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Speaking honestly, I'm really quite sick of Anime hacks based on the First season (and the Orange Islands, whatever season that was). It's a pity no one will base one on when Ash was in Hoenn.
Well... guess why... .)
Indigo League = 1 season of 83 episodes
Orange League = 1 season of 35 episodes
Hoenn League = without BF 3 seasons of 133 episodes.
See that? Hoenn has much more episodes then one hack could have.
But I'd also love to see Hoenn anime hack

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2009
it wud be best if you can make pikachu follow you like in the anime series.. also change ash image while his in battle.. becuz it suckszz

Darkyaoifox

Darkfox Trainer
Years
Some bugs

I have to say that this is one of the best Pokemon hacks I have ever played. I downloaded this yesterday and started last night, my word is it addicting! I could barely stop playing it to go do my home work. But like any hack in it beta stages I knew there would be some bug so I made sure to write down the ones I notice.

Bugs I noticed in Beta 1.68:

Misc:
Sometimes the EXP bar does not add the EXP your PKMN just got even if the PKMN is about to go up a level

Begining:
Gary's face turns a different color after you name him.

Palet Town:
Can't walk to close to nightstand
Ash's Mother floats to him after you walk out of Prof. Oak's lab after getting Pikachu
It says Delia gives you the Town Map and Fame Checker twice

Route 1:
Once you get out of sight of the Spearows that block your way to Pallet Town, you can go back to the spot right after and they wont be there.

Mt. Moon:
Sometimes if you try to leave the cave the warp doesn't work until you back up and try again.
If you walk back to the place where you fight Team Rocket they show up again but don't interact with you, plus you can walk through James
If you leave the cave after taking the moonstone then return there is another moonstone there.

Route 25:
After you beat Joe a clear spot in the fog floats by at the top of the screen.

That's as far as I have gotten so far, hope that helps.

blue4ever222

=^.^=
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 9, 2015
Ummmmmmmm I'm new to this. How do you play it? Do I need to patch it? How do I do so? Sorry, but i would really like to help but I dont know how.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Ummmmmmmm I'm new to this. How do you play it? Do I need to patch it? How do I do so? Sorry, but i would really like to help but I dont know how.

get the rom base game in this case firered, rename the game the same name as the patch [IMPORTANT STEP U MUST RENAME THE GAME] then patch it

iArsenic

Crimson Valor.
Years
I have one of the Beta versions of AshGray, but in it there are a few bugs and things are differently placed. Like Samurai is not in the place he is in on the video, Ash looks different in battle sequence.. And the tree you cut down, to get the Fly HM, in Celedon City is gone - it's not there. Mr. Fuji is no where to be found to get the Pokemon Flute to remove Slowpoke from the bike path.
So, my game ends right then and there.
Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is it just the version I have?

Last edited:

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
I was wondering if I could make a guide for this hack? I think it would be cool and could really help the noobies? Anyone else think it would be cool?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I was wondering if I could make a guide for this hack? I think it would be cool and could really help the noobies? Anyone else think it would be cool?

you really would be wasting ur time cause like 40 ppl did walkthroughs on youtube lol

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
you really would be wasting ur time cause like 40 ppl did walkthroughs on youtube lol
Oh I didn't know.... I just thought it would be cool to make an Official one, approved by Metapod himself. Because there is no central guide to turn to, its just a bunch of random ones here and there. Thanks for the advice man, I'll think about what you said. ;)

Back