• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Kanto Capers

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
Years
This is my new game Pokemon Kanto Capers!

Intro:
I am ~Divine~. I used to be a hacker but moved to game development recently. Today I present to you my first game, Pokemon Kanto Capers.

Story:
4 years ago, Red was defeated by Johto champion, Jimmy. He returned home to find he had a little brother now, who was born not long after he became Kanto champion. 3 years later his brother begins his journey, with one main goal. To find his big brother. You live in a separate house brother as you need more than 1 room. Go to Professor Oak, and get a Pokemon. Suddenly, Prof. Rowan is there as well. He gives you the choice of either of the Sinnoh starters. Oak says you may have a Kanto Starter if you become the champion.

During your journey, you come across Team Galantica, a devastatingly evil organization that aims for world domination. With help from Team Rocket, they plan to find Red. In the wake of a dominated world, your brother comes out of hiding, ready to take down the Galantica Boss, Arctic. With his help you destroy Team Galantica and it is time for you to face the Elite 4. After becoming champion, travel to the Johto Region and try to become the champion there, with Johto's upgraded Elite 4!

More challenges await you as Team Glantica return. This time they have their eyes on destroying you after what happened last time in Kanto. With Red off in Sinnoh, you are all alone. Is anything going to save you? Its up to your skills as a trainer to defeat and destroy Arctic once and for all and save the world from a deadly fate, one of destroyal and domination!

But what comes after your adventures through the two regions? Another region of course! Go through my custom region Fuuba, where you meet Riku Wikabower, the greatest trainer to have ever lived after you finish your Fuuba journey head to Digi City, a digital world where anything is possible and finish your journey off.

(I know this will take a very long time, but the game will be released in demos, then each region will be released in parts. If anyone is willing to help I would appreciate it.)

Screenshots:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Credit:
All makers of Pokemon Essentials
Enterbrain

Wanted Help:
A spriter with experience in RPG Maker XP. (I need custom heroes and Pokemon)
(Any help is gladly apprecitated.)

Please keep all comments constructive.

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Wow, this game looks...horrible. You need to improve on some things.

1) The maps. Take a look at the actual FRLG Pallet Town, then look at yours.
2) The story. It's kind of weak, and doesn't fit in with the actual Pokemon Storyline.
3) Graphics. If you like FRLG graphics, then keep them. But make them work. Don't use the default Player Character from PE. Use some other custom character.

FinalEclipse

Years
thats why i need a spriter.
im really bad at frames and crap like that

thanks for your crticism though its gonna help me out

id just like to ask. why doesnt it fit in with the real pokemon storyline.
~Divine~

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Here's for constuctive crit:

Wrong forum, bro. This either belongs in Plot ideas, or in the Games Showcase.

Years
Well its good apart from one thing gets me, his little brother is 7 when he leaves on his journey, isn't that a little young?
Apart from that nice work :)

FinalEclipse

Years
no his brother is 10 its 4 years since red lost to jimmy and he became champion 3 years before that.

then the story takes place 3 years ofter the 4 years

~Divine~

Last edited:

FinalEclipse

Years
could a mod please move this to the appropriate fourm?

btw the game is currently in the stage of doing pallet town events, and a dependant event system is included

~Divine~

FinalEclipse

Years
Wow, this game looks...horrible. You need to improve on some things.

1) The maps. Take a look at the actual FRLG Pallet Town, then look at yours.
2) The story. It's kind of weak, and doesn't fit in with the actual Pokemon Storyline.
3) Graphics. If you like FRLG graphics, then keep them. But make them work. Don't use the default Player Character from PE. Use some other custom character.

im am now using curts region starter kit so i dont have to worry any longer about bad maps

credit to curt for his starter kit

Back