• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 21, 2013
PM No Worky

Tried PMing this to SL but it said his PM inbox was full...??? so posting here instead (I'm guessing that was pokehacker's problem too)

Name: Tim Baker
Position: Music Composer
Email: [email protected]
Proof of work: <URL REMOVED DUE TO LOW POST COUNT>

Although it looks like I'm catching this a bit late. Hopefully there's still some musical work to be done.

Edit: Aaaand my URL got filtered. Yeah, about that: I know spamming is a significant problem, but...sheesh. 14 more to go.

Maybe I can 733T H4X0RZ my way in...let's try this:
HTTP [COLON] [DOUBLE SLASH] electrosymphonica [DOT] webs [DOT] com

BY JOVE! It worked!

just typing a bunch of stuff to lengthen my message to at least 25 characters....GRRR what is with these forum filters anyway

Last edited:

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
Years
just typing a bunch of stuff to lengthen my message to at least 25 characters....GRRR what is with these forum filters anyway
Eh? Forum Filters?! Isn't this a thread though?
Tried PMing this to SL but it said his PM inbox was full...??? so posting here instead (I'm guessing that was pokehacker's problem too)
That would make sense...maybe SL is really busy...

Atomic Reactor

SL, I played the demo up until The park or whatever, and let me tell you, it's amazing. The tiles are just, gorgeous. The maps are great! (First town is a bit big, simply cause i cant run =/) I love this game so much! I'm gonna play it more tommorow.
How far does it go approximately?

I know what I'm voting for for GotY ;)

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
I cant wait to see more about this

Thanks!

Hi =) I've been a follower on these forums for ages, but ive never really posted but id just like to say i adore your game. It has so many outstanding features tht makes it so unique - i'll be downloading the demo for sure.
So just thanks for sharing your game with us really and keep up the good work!

Glad to hear you'll be playing the demo. Thanks for the support!

WoW!
One of the best games I have ever seen.
All this great. One of the things I liked most is from the GUI. This excellent!
Keep up great work.
Good luck!

Thanks. Not sure what you're saying by GUI though...

You might wanna add the ideas to the first page and change the font...Green font on a Green background doesn't work buddy...

-TheZeide

I'll be editing the first post soon so don't worry. It's a bit outdated. I might even see if I can get a new look for the first post and updates.

O.O
Awesome graphical style!!! This tiles are amazing!
I'm not sure but, maybe, you have to give credits to WesleyFG for the tiles...

Thanks. All tiles are by me or 44tim44, I've never used wesley's tiles.

I haven't ever posted here, so I'll say it now...Seriously, great job. I almost stopped looking here because people stopped posting...good thing I checked again!

Yeah post count is what usually drives people away or towads a thread, keep checking back for more updates!

Whoa, also trying not to sound like a n00b, but the tiles and screenies of this game is unearthly. Hope to see more updates.

Don't worry you don't. I'll be posting more updates later this week.

This is the best game I have seen storywise. I just love the idea of loosing your Pokemon while trying to go to a new region and then it's like Deja-Vu, or however you spell that:P I also like your tiles alot. Did you make all of them? This game is looking really good so far, keep it up!

Thanks, the idealist and I try to make the plot of the game as interesting as it gets. Who knows you might even be reunited with your old pokemon later in the game!

Anything new SL? been a while and your sig is amazing....

Yeah I usually a post sneak peak to an update in my sig every now and then.

man, I'm jealous of the attention other games get. Yours, for example.
Those tiles are very good.

Thank you!

You going to use other Pokeballs, not just the regular ones? Like in bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokeball#Types_of_Pok.C3.A9_Ball

I'm going to be using all pokeballs included in the Pokemon Starter Kit which would be all the ones in the 3rd gen.

Wow, why is this game so underrated?
Seems like the best games always go under the radar...
Anyways, you have got to be the most dedicated developer on this forum.
These tiles are amazing, and so is your mapping, the dusknoir event is just as amazing.

Yeah they do don't they? Nowadays I don't have time to post updates so maybe why the thread has been so quiet...

name:pokehacker100
e-mail:[email protected]
position:beta tester
proof of work:none
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to pm this to SL...but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah please pm me any job application. Oh and please check the first post on open positions. We don't need any more beta testers at the moment.

this a smoking game no kidding
Lol thanks!

Name: Tim Baker
Position: Music Composer
Email: [email protected]
Proof of work: <URL REMOVED DUE TO LOW POST COUNT>

Although it looks like I'm catching this a bit late. Hopefully there's still some musical work to be done.

Edit: Aaaand my URL got filtered. Yeah, about that: I know spamming is a significant problem, but...sheesh. 14 more to go.

Maybe I can 733T H4X0RZ my way in...let's try this:
HTTP [COLON] [DOUBLE SLASH] electrosymphonica [DOT] webs [DOT] com

BY JOVE! It worked!

Got your pm.

Eh? Forum Filters?! Isn't this a thread though?
That would make sense...maybe SL is really busy...

Yeah High School's a pain. Progress is slow.

jeje i like this game,is awesome.

Thanks!

SL, I played the demo up until The park or whatever, and let me tell you, it's amazing. The tiles are just, gorgeous. The maps are great! (First town is a bit big, simply cause i cant run =/) I love this game so much! I'm gonna play it more tommorow.
How far does it go approximately?

I know what I'm voting for for GotY ;)

Glad to hear you're enjoying the demo AR! Made sure a remapped all the maps before the demo release so it's great to hear that they turned out alright. You'll get your running shoes when you get your pokedex. The demo goes up to the commander Saturn battle (shortly after the 2nd gym) so that's a lot of gameplay.

Anyway, Thanks for your vote!

Alright some announcements.

First of all, there are some bugs/oddities in the demo. I'll be posting a list tommorow.
Second there is a secret to be discovered in the demo that happens after you beat Saturn. First 2 who find it get to have character based off themeselves in upcoming Ranger Board Quests.

And now for the huge announcement. OG has volunteered to become the Co-Founder of Pokemon Ryen! He'll be helping with some of the scripting and other stuff. He's the reason we know have the beautiful menu in the demo and the Vs animation was by him as well. So welcome to the team OG!

For those of you who haven't downloaded the demo already. Here it is!

Pokemon Ryen

capture205.png

What is Pokemon Ryen?:

Pokemon Ryen is a fan game made using Rpg maker Xp and Pokemon Essentials. It was a fangame that began as a g/s/c remake then an interpretation of the orange league to what it is today, a sequel of Fire Red and Leaf Green in which Red and Blue are replaced with new characters. Through various efforts and harships the Pokemon Ryen team, Universal Dreams, managed to put together a demo containing 2 gyms. The team composed and remixed music and sprited several tiles which are now visible in many of Ryen's beautiful towns and cities. And...Who could ever forget the idealists. Although I may have left them without work for a while, sorry about that, they surely did play a large role in the development of the game. Other people also helped me when I had computer problems or needed some heping with scripting. People such as OG, FMP, and PyroXD, and many others. Without the help of the whole community I would have never gotten this far into my project. So now without further ado here's an inside of the story.

Story:

Small and simple description seen at the Nintendo Fangame Convetion which Ryen won best Pokemon game for:

A pokemon fangame made using Rpg maker xp featuring a boy/girl's journey after becoming Champion of the Kanto region. Through his/her journeys they meet friends, establish bonds, and discover secrets about their identities. Is everything they know about their past a lie? Do the return of strange dreams they encountered as children mean impending doom for the Ryen region?

Screens:

screensd.png

And the Demo Link is Here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yqb357

Don't use any of the graphics/ tiles/ music of the game as most of it is custom and belongs to Pokemon Ryen.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
The link don't work for me. =.=
Glad to see your demo out.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I've just started playing te demo, SL, and Everything is looking awsome!
(Well except for quite a few text errors, xD)
The story is reallly interesting, and the maps are beautiful!

Can't wait to get home from school to play again!

Demo spoiler.
Spoiler:

Cheerz~

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
The link has stopped working:
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.
This limit is reached.
To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

I think you should reupload it somewhere else, possibly Megaupload? really can't wait to play this ^_^

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I was one of the lucky ones to download the game while the link was on xD, I have only started playing the game so I'm not doing any deep criticizing now, but I have to say, it's amazing, tiles are beaultiful and it was possible to see that the events were made in "solid" way. I don't see many bugs ;].

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
I've just started playing te demo, SL, and Everything is looking awsome!
(Well except for quite a few text errors, xD)
The story is reallly interesting, and the maps are beautiful!

Can't wait to get home from school to play again!

Demo spoiler.
Spoiler:

Cheerz~

Thanks. Yeah there are a few text errors like Florinda using i instead of I when talking to her (can't believe I missed that).

And lol yeah that's how I wanted the Ranger to act. His ow is not final btw. I didn't have time to make him an ow so I just used the Lan ow I made

I was one of the lucky ones to download the game while the link was on xD, I have only started playing the game so I'm not doing any deep criticizing now, but I have to say, it's amazing, tiles are beaultiful and it was possible to see that the events were made in "solid" way. I don't see many bugs ;].

Thanks Jv. Glad you're enjoying the game! New link is up btw. There are few tiles I forgot to set to unpassable so those aren't really bugs right?

The link has stopped working:

I think you should reupload it somewhere else, possibly Megaupload? really can't wait to play this ^_^

You should try Sendspace, the same thing happened to me as it did to riceeman.
ASAP please! I need to play it!

The link to download the demo has surpassed the limit. :(

Nooooooooooo! Limit reached! =(
I actually really can't wait to play!

omg! could u put it on megaupload...rapidshare is mean and wont let me download it!

Sorry about that, new link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yqb357
I've edited the previous post with the new link as well. Unfotunately I can't edit the one in the Game of the Year thread as it is locked.

Last edited:

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
Hey, i downloaded off of the new link and when i try to play it i get the message: "RGSS102.dll could not be found".

Is this fixable do you know?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Wow, this demo makes my game look like explosive diareah :P
Seriously man, great job on this! Along with the rest of the team. The tiles look amazing.

Although, it does run a little slow. But, I am 90% sure that it is just my 10-year piece of junk I call my computer.

This game makes me want to improve my game! I shall open up RMXP and start working!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Hey ShinyLugia~ n_n

I just popped by to say how thoroughly impressed I am by the demo! I've just beaten Saturn and saved the Dewgong from the Galactic Grunts and I'm trying to find the secret o.o" Or does it disappear before I save Dewgong?

Anywho~ Everything is great! I've spotted some minor spelling errors and whatnot, but nothing that directly interferes with the gameplay xD Otherwise, it's a lot of fun and plays rather smoothly~ n_n I'm also super impressed by some of the eventing done with the Ranger Boards, the Letter, and other scattered little things.

All in all, it's been a lot of fun!~ ^_^

Btw I wanted to ask, are you using some sort of anti lag script or do you have a newer version of essentials or something o-o? The game runs incredibly smoothly on my part.

Edit: Also, does the secret relate to hidden items or is it an actual event? o.o ~found potion from a window lul~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back