• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Pure Gold

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
You have seasons and a day/night system, but no fan bars??? THIS IS MADNESS. Maybe I can make you one?

I'm a big fan of G/S/C but I find it painful to play because of the graphics, so I wish you luck and will wait for something downloadable. Are you planning to add anything new to the storyline?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Aha! The thread is up. I must say it looks quite good so far and I am loving all your unique features. It was no problem helping you out with CSS. I must say also that the clothing feature will be awesome. I remember seeing a vid by Sebbe where he had something like this. One thing I thought was odd was the size of Oak in the intro part. But this is probably a limitation or something in the intro routine? Everything else is wonderful so far and I am very glad to see it here on PC. Another great addon once you finish it will be the lit windows at night and seasons! Im so anxious to see how that turns out.

Best of luck :D

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Okay, sorry for the delay... I know some people really want to support this hack badly :) I whipped up something fast kind so I hope it doesn't suck as my photoshop skills are rusty.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Thanks :) That's my major goal, to make people playing the game think that it wasn't built on Ruby :D I guess I'll study how the map works on Fire Red and port it to Ruby. If its just a plain kanto map than it's easy but with labels and all... It becomes harder.

Yeah, that's do-able. But like I said early, it becomes way too easy if I just show the map and only the map XD

Wow! Awesome, I thought you'd may consider porting from Fire Red. This is a pretty sweet remake, Everything looks very professional! As always, if you need help with graphics, just send a PM or something.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
I would recommend using the HGSS sprites and tiles, but that makes the hack less original but more 3d like.

I really like the way this hack is presented which makes me want to say Kudos for this hack :D

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I would recommend using the HGSS sprites and tiles, but that makes the hack less original but more 3d like.

I really like the way this hack is presented which makes me want to say Kudos for this hack :D

And what's so good about 3D?
A 3rd gen hack trying to look 4th gen entirely, doesn't work.
He's being original by not trying to put in 4th gen tiles/ 3D looking tiles.
If you wanted a 3D-esque hack, play a hack like Shiny Gold. Simple as!
I like the Tiles Makes the hack seem like an official game!

I have nothing against Shiny Gold I'm just saying, if all remakes were the same, would we even enjoy them as much as we do!

@Zodiac: -
Wow! Awesome, I thought you'd may consider porting the World Map from Fire Red. This is a pretty sweet remake, Everything looks very professional! As always, if you need help with graphics, just send a PM or something.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years

I have nothing against Shiny Gold I'm just saying, if all remakes were the same, would we even enjoy them as much as we do!

As stated above... I said "but that makes the hack less original"
please read the whole post before you post any posts against what I'm trying to recommend.
and FYI, it's just a recommendation :\

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
0_0

OMG, this is my ideal hack except it's on Ruby >:O. Well, if it's Fire Red style I like it. :D

This is probably the second best G/S/C remake I've ever seen. :3 Don't kill me, I liek Shiny Gold (:

I have some advice for you. Firstly, I wouldn't recomment using those custom tiles from Zel, soley on the fact that they don't match the other tiles and don't lookk nice in those palettes.

Secondly, your mapping. Try and use the other variety of Fire Red grass a little more. :3

And thirdly, Please change some of the D/N palettes, since they look a little weird to me.

Apart from that, good luck my friend!

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Zeikku™' said:

@Zodiac: -
Wow! Awesome, I thought you'd may consider porting the World Map from Fire Red. This is a pretty sweet remake, Everything looks very professional! As always, if you need help with graphics, just send a PM or something.
Exactly :) Having 3D tiles on a game that's coded with 2D graphics will make it still 2D... No amount of tiles will change that, I think. I think having a Ruby game with all the Fire Red stuff is a challenge indeed.

Hey Zeikku, thanks for the offer. I'll send you PM's or messenger you later, there's this backsprite of yours that I'm gonna use ^^

Nicolas said:
As stated above... I said "but that makes the hack less original"
please read the whole post before you post any posts against what I'm trying to recommend.
and FYI, it's just a recommendation
Yeah, I understand. Thanks for your comments anyway. But I just don't agree with having those tiles will make the game more 3D... Okay, well maybe on the surface but not when you walk around with the overworld. If you wanna know more of my opinions VM me ;)

Pokepal17 said:
0_0

OMG, this is my ideal hack except it's on Ruby >:O. Well, if it's Fire Red style I like it.

This is probably the second best G/S/C remake I've ever seen. :3 Don't kill me, I liek Shiny Gold (:

I have some advice for you. Firstly, I wouldn't recomment using those custom tiles from Zel, soley on the fact that they don't match the other tiles and don't lookk nice in those palettes.

Secondly, your mapping. Try and use the other variety of Fire Red grass a little more. :3

And thirdly, Please change some of the D/N palettes, since they look a little weird to me.

Apart from that, good luck my friend!
Thanks Pokepal17. Nah, it's okay, Shiny Gold's great.. I like it at first when Zel started off with Fire Red tiles but didn't after the change.
1) Couldn't agree more! :)
2) I'm disappointed with that too. Cause you know Ruby's major tileset isn't as large as Fire Red's and I've tried my best to fit in all the important tiles and couldn't get space for the grass. I've included them in Littleroot's tileset though - So some maps you'll find it and some you won't. I'll see what I can do about this in the future but if I can add more space for the tileset then everything will need to be remapped or something Oo
3) I think it's mostly the afternoon palette but yes I'll do something sooner or later.
Apart from that... Good day to you ^^

00m22 said:
nice game looks awesome what prgram you use to make cover
What cover? :P I don't understand, could you be more specific?

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Need a remixer and music hacker? If so I can help.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Exactly :) Having 3D tiles on a game that's coded with 2D graphics will make it still 2D... No amount of tiles will change that, I think. I think having a Ruby game with all the Fire Red stuff is a challenge indeed.

Hey Zeikku, thanks for the offer. I'll send you PM's or messenger you later, there's this backsprite of yours that I'm gonna use ^^

Well show me the backsprite first, it's likely HackMew's got rights to it, if he has I'll make you a custom backsprite anyways! :)

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Zeikku™ said:
Well show me the backsprite first, it's likely HackMew's got rights to it, if he has I'll make you a custom backsprite anyways!
Its the one you posted in the Resources thread a long time ago. I sort of recolored it to fit some of the other sprites I planned to use. I'll give you the link in a VM.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Well, again good luck then. :3

About the tileset size, the size data could be copied out of Fire Red couldn't it for the primary tileset?

Oh and I would adivse you to make a worldmap from D/P worldmap tiles because they looks a lot more nice, imo (nut it's your choice, I'm just giving my opinion) :3

And finally even though you made a tool for this I hope the door animations don't give you problems. :3

Good luck, I'm rooting for you^^

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Pokepal17 said:
Well, again good luck then. :3

About the tileset size, the size data could be copied out of Fire Red couldn't it for the primary tileset?

Oh and I would adivse you to make a worldmap from D/P worldmap tiles because they looks a lot more nice, imo (nut it's your choice, I'm just giving my opinion) :3

And finally even though you made a tool for this I hope the door animations don't give you problems. :3

Good luck, I'm rooting for you^^
No, you can't copy the size... I tried back when I first started hacking and although it seem to work my ROM crashed :( Nah, the world map will remain having 3rd generation tiles. About the door animations, I overcame them with my new tool Door Manager, now the doors work the way I want.

Back