• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[DSGM]Pokemon Solar Light/Sinister Darkness

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
Hello all, I am Nimmy23 The Creator of this game Pokemon Solar Light and Pokemon Sinister Darkness .In this game you travel through the region of Sinnoh with new adventures.You also travel the close by region Graverlin. New adventures await, More rivals and much more FUN!

Story
You just moved to Graverlin from Hoenn and you want to take on the Cranos League. While you arrive at the Professor's lab you meet unexpected guest. They take the Professor never to be seen again. You quickly choose your Pokemon and rush to Professor Stewart's rescue. You dont know which path to take. A Pokemon champion or Professor Stewart's hero. You soon find out that you can take both paths. So you will succeed.

While you are travelling crisis strikes. You recognize the same people who kidnapped Professor Stewart. They soon recognize you too. They make a run for it but you follow them to their temporarily base. While the police were on their way, you saw a secret entrance leading somewhere. You were eager to enter. You find a small cave where a Legendary Pokemon sleeps. You see a man in the shadow who planned on stealing the Pokemon. Though he angered it, It destroyed the cave and you were found lying on the ground. Police say that you should stay out of trouble but you disagree. You wanted to get revenge and save Professor Stewart. The police ignored you and gave you a warning. That meant nothing to you. You still wanted to stop the evil people and become the Pokemon Master

The Mirage World
The Mirage World is just like the reverse world, two Pokemon are fighting for survival while you get involved in the battle, Theres almost no way out as almost everything you see is a mirage. No communicating systems will work in the Mirage World. Its only you and your Pokemon. It feels like everything is a dead end. Every door leads somewhere... You just have to find that right door.

The Past, The Future
While exploring Graverlin Celebi appears and needs to send you an urgent message. It decides to take you to the past and the future. You have to find out the meaning of the past and future. Celebi's life depends on time. As Dialga destroys time, by trying to create an error that will stop Giratina from capturing it. Dialga was trying to make Giratina forget that the whole battle happened. Dialga only made things worse. Celebi getting destroyed. And if Celebi gets destroyed you get trapped in the past FOREVER.

Energy System
Your energy system depends how you travel. If you walk most of the way you are saving your energy. If you cycle or run most of they way. You may run out of energy you will faint and find yourself in the nearest Pokemon center.

Ways Of Gaining Energy.
Try visiting the Pokemon center and have a rest. Another way is to stop by at peoples houses, and if they are kind enough they might give you something to eat or drink.

Health System
The Health System indicates how healthy the player is. If you eat too much junk food you will be at risk of health. If you eat a little bit of food you might end up with low energy and health. If you eat just the right amount of food, from each of the food groups your player will be healthy. This also matters about how to Pokemon feel about you. They might not even respond to you if you have no intention of feeding them as well.

The New And Improved Pokemon Center
The Pokemon Center is now bigger and better. There are now rooms to stay in for the night. To gain energy. There are even restaurants for you and your Pokemon. Be careful not to eat to much, and feed your Pokemon. If you feed your Pokemon not only do their EXP go up but their HP does too. This is because the food strengthens them. If you give human food to a Pokemon. Its Stats might lower. This is likely because it does not like the food, or the food is not meant for those types of species. If you give your Pokemon food it does not like it will show a reaction and only take a few little munches of the food. Your Pokemon might not respond to you if you keep on giving it the types of food it does not like. This will show what kind of trainer you are.

Features
New sprites.
Pokemon following the character.
A new region Cranos.
Two Secotrs/States - Graverlin and Clenevia.
Become a Pokemon Explorer.
Head to never seen before Islands and areas.
Meet Mewtwo and Arceus fighting for freedom in the Mirage World.
And last but not least stop Dialga from its crisis.

Team/Spaces needed =

C/C++ Scripter - KingCharizard and Me - 1 place open
Tiler - Alucus - 0 places open
Rest is done by Nimmy23

Progress
Tiling |||| 4%
Spriting |||||||||||||| 90%
StoryLine |||||||||||||||| 100%
Music | 0%
Cranos Region |||||||| 6%
Graverlin Sector/State ||||||||| 13%
Clenevia Sector/State | 0%
Sinnoh Region [ | 0%
Overworlds |||||||||||||||| 100%

Credits
Paradox for Spritesheet
Kike-scott for Spritesheet

This Game Requires DS Game Maker experts. As that is the program im using to create the game.

Last edited:

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
You start a project without a team? I suggest you find a dedicated team before starting unless you are trying to solo it like me

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
Years
Sounds cools but, if it is a remake it would be better if you travelled Sinnoh first. This game sounds more like a sequel to Platinum.

nimmy23

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
Yeah Thanks guys, I think i should make you start at Sinnoh first now.

Years
No, just No. Please don't do this. You haven't even started on your first game at ALL. Why make another game when you haven't finished what you started? and why all of these features you can't even make yourself? If this is your first time making a game, take it SLOW! you can't just go blindly and just decide to make a full fangame, these things take time and a lot of effort to put into. I'm not saying it's impossible to make a game like this with just one person, It's just seems like everytime I see one of these kinds of threads pop up on forums, people always want to make something completely out of their skills and they just wind up and quit because they can't deal with making it anymore or they can't get other people to do what they want.

I'm not saying don't give up on game making, just try something simpler until you have the skills to make something like this in the future.

nimmy23

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
I have already started on this im not blowing my head off. Everybody needs help you know!

Years
No, just No. Please don't do this. You haven't even started on your first game at ALL. Why make another game when you haven't finished what you started? and why all of these features you can't even make yourself? If this is your first time making a game, take it SLOW! you can't just go blindly and just decide to make a full fangame, these things take time and a lot of effort to put into. I'm not saying it's impossible to make a game like this with just one person, It's just seems like everytime I see one of these kinds of threads pop up on forums, people always want to make something completely out of their skills and they just wind up and quit because they can't deal with making it anymore or they can't get other people to do what they want.

I'm not saying don't give up on game making, just try something simpler until you have the skills to make something like this in the future.
Nimmy, this is exactly what I said to you on Calis. Please take this on board.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Pointless.

Platinum isn't even a year old, why would I want to play this when I could purchase platinum and actually play against people?

nimmy23

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
Pointless.

Platinum isn't even a year old, why would I want to play this when I could purchase platinum and actually play against people?

Yes i know Platinum isnt that old but i just felt like making something like that i may change it not to be a remake.

nimmy23

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
Listen up everybody!

Okay listen up everybody! I made a thread of this for many reasons. One of them was comments. I need ways to improve. This thread has been seen by a lot of people, I agree. Most of you just look at it. I need comments and critiques etc. Most game makers/developers quit because people dont comment etc. Just like KingCharizard said in his Thread. Its true. This game could be the best game you've ever played. Maybe not. It still might of been a game that you liked. Sadly most people choose mot help by not commenting. Or like what Poeman said. That helped a bit. But the rest. I didnt get a clue about it. Thats why i changed this game to another name and decided not to make this a Platinum remake.

If you actually helped in a way that would be awesome. You could help me develop the game. So can you try to comment and help.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Maybe you should call it Pokémon Solar Light/Lunar Darkness.

nimmy23

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
I like the name, Lunar Darkness. The game just has a special thing that made me want to call it Sinister Darkness. I wasn't trying to do Solar and Lunar together. Thanks for the name.

Back