• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Eternity - Realtime Battles, future MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lusidea

Lolwut
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Competition closed due to incorrect information

Last edited:

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
I was just trying to be helpful, honestly it looks great, but if they cant pull off the right configurations of server client infrastructure, it will fail miserably since thats the main part of MMOs

Szulerski

I <3 MyBB for this option!
Years
could you write a Mission as an example of your work?
I don't know are you expecting something like this lusidea :P
Mission is a simple quest not affecting your main rpg storyline right? :P So that's mine try:

(*1)When you visit Pokemon Center you heard two local villagers conversation.
They were talking about strange incidents during last days - small robberies in Eternity Town.
Gold monets, valueable watches, shining earrings, necklaces are missing.
Police is looking for a robber, but you want to gather some information by your own.
(*2)You are going to talk to town NPCs (ex. pokemon center healer, shops npc etc.) to
investigate this incident.
(*3)When you are talking with Shop NPC, he's mention about latest rumors -
poor Fisherman, who is living in a coast is forcing his kids to stole food and jewelry
from town people. NPC is sure that Fisherman's kids are behind robberies, because they're poor and his father is a stranger.
(*4)You are going to investigate more and visit Fisherman house.
(*5)When you are in house, you can't believe that old fisherman and his 5 sons live in dirty place like this.
But even in this situation he was smiling and gave you some tea and talk about village and his past.
(*6)You are leaving house in good mood, there is no chance that nice person like fisherman
may force his kids to stealing.
Someone is chasing you - that's fisherman youngest son.
He is talking about horrible thing - only reminder about his dead Granpa - 'Grandpa Watch'(quest item, yay!) was stolen last night!
(*7) He is asking for your help. When you accept (you can also decline quest!), he is talking about strange
footprints in mud behind his house(house is on coast), you are looking at this footprints but can't recognise it.
Sea water wash them out a bit.
(*8)Accoring to footprints you are heading to forest (nice to have some big dungeon to spend some time and gain exp xD)
(*9)In deeper part of forest you see some devastated blueberry bushes and fruit trees.
(*10)When you follow this path you find a place where all jewelery and stolen food is lying. You also found 'Grandpa Watch'.
But there is no sight of thief.
Suddenly a big Lickitung is appearing from bush, slam you in fury (by his big tongue) and ran from his hideout.
(*11)Now you are chasing Lickitung through the forest (this part of map only obtainable through quest!)
(*12)Finally you caught Lickitung by taking shortcut and jump from clif on him.
(*13)Fight begin - when you fail Lickitung dissappear.
(*14)After beating and catching Lickitung to Pokeball you are heading back to Eternity Town.
(*15)First you are heading to Fisherman house, and talk to his youngest son in reward you get fishing accessories.(special rod or lure maybe?)
Next you are heading to Police Officer, told him about all of this and about place with stolen things.

You have quest Pokemon - Lickitung ! XD
(and fishing accessories!)

Maybe this isn't a great adventure but I was trying XD
I know there are some grammar mistakes ;/

Posted to public so anyone can comment it, lol

Flechazo

Eternity Web & Game Designer
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
:) The project is developing faster than ever before I think. The map editor is 'finished', we have a nice organisation now and we currently work on the website and some spriting stuff.

Lusidea

Lolwut
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
I don't know are you expecting something like this lusidea :P
Mission is a simple quest not affecting your main rpg storyline right? :P So that's mine try:

(*1)When you visit Pokemon Center you heard two local villagers conversation.
They were talking about strange incidents during last days - small robberies in Eternity Town.
Gold monets, valueable watches, shining earrings, necklaces are missing.
Police is looking for a robber, but you want to gather some information by your own.
(*2)You are going to talk to town NPCs (ex. pokemon center healer, shops npc etc.) to
investigate this incident.
(*3)When you are talking with Shop NPC, he's mention about latest rumors -
poor Fisherman, who is living in a coast is forcing his kids to stole food and jewelry
from town people. NPC is sure that Fisherman's kids are behind robberies, because they're poor and his father is a stranger.
(*4)You are going to investigate more and visit Fisherman house.
(*5)When you are in house, you can't believe that old fisherman and his 5 sons live in dirty place like this.
But even in this situation he was smiling and gave you some tea and talk about village and his past.
(*6)You are leaving house in good mood, there is no chance that nice person like fisherman
may force his kids to stealing.
Someone is chasing you - that's fisherman youngest son.
He is talking about horrible thing - only reminder about his dead Granpa - 'Grandpa Watch'(quest item, yay!) was stolen last night!
(*7) He is asking for your help. When you accept (you can also decline quest!), he is talking about strange
footprints in mud behind his house(house is on coast), you are looking at this footprints but can't recognise it.
Sea water wash them out a bit.
(*8)Accoring to footprints you are heading to forest (nice to have some big dungeon to spend some time and gain exp xD)
(*9)In deeper part of forest you see some devastated blueberry bushes and fruit trees.
(*10)When you follow this path you find a place where all jewelery and stolen food is lying. You also found 'Grandpa Watch'.
But there is no sight of thief.
Suddenly a big Lickitung is appearing from bush, slam you in fury (by his big tongue) and ran from his hideout.
(*11)Now you are chasing Lickitung through the forest (this part of map only obtainable through quest!)
(*12)Finally you caught Lickitung by taking shortcut and jump from clif on him.
(*13)Fight begin - when you fail Lickitung dissappear.
(*14)After beating and catching Lickitung to Pokeball you are heading back to Eternity Town.
(*15)First you are heading to Fisherman house, and talk to his youngest son in reward you get fishing accessories.(special rod or lure maybe?)
Next you are heading to Police Officer, told him about all of this and about place with stolen things.

You have quest Pokemon - Lickitung ! XD
(and fishing accessories!)

Maybe this isn't a great adventure but I was trying XD
I know there are some grammar mistakes ;/

Posted to public so anyone can comment it, lol
It's a brilliant quest, well written, just what were looking for. However, the content isn't exactly friendly, children stealing for their father? I don't think we want that type of content. Try changing it so Team Rocket are stealing PokéGears and PokéDexes.

Szulerski

Years
Childrens stealing in town, forced by poor, drunken father, lol

but it was only local ppl rumors ;oo

Try changing it so Team Rocket are stealing PokéGears and PokéDexes.
Nope, I think it will sucks XD

ps. It was a small try right? I don't know maps, cities genesis - I don't know nothing about Eternity XD
I was a bit limited don't you think :P

Lén1

Eternity Staff
Years
Mmmm maybe i'm crazy but i don't see where the son is stealing ...
I thought it was the Lickitung !

Szulerski

Years
Yeah Lickitung was a thief but ppl in town thinks that were fisherman kids!
Maybe storyline is too complicated? XD

edit. Oh, I missed it
It's a brilliant quest, well written, just what were looking for.
So I have chances? ;>

Flechazo

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
I also think so :P The meaning and process of the quest should be easily understandable and clear. :) But I like it anyway, maybe some changes.

Szulerski

Years
But with in-game dialogues from NPC's this quest is not complicated (do you want implement sort of Questlog?), for sure.

Lusidea

Lolwut
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Childrens stealing in town, forced by poor, drunken father, lol

but it was only local ppl rumors ;oo

Nope, I think it will sucks XD

ps. It was a small try right? I don't know maps, cities genesis - I don't know nothing about Eternity XD
I was a bit limited don't you think :P

As I said, besides the father and children stealing, its good, and it doesn't matter about towns or cities, we have none planned out yet, you can do what you wish.

Lén1

Eternity Staff
Years
As I said, besides the father and children stealing, its good, and it doesn't matter about towns or cities, we have none planned out yet, you can do what you wish.

Who said yesterday that I haven't humor ?

Look at you ! He loled :D

Flechazo

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
Who said yesterday that I haven't humor ?
Errr.... :D
Maybe I (or with Lén) should make some map layouts, too. So we have an imagination how big and how detailed or which style the maps should have.

Szulerski

Years
it doesn't matter about towns or cities, we have none planned out yet, you can do what you wish.
Ok, so I w8 for at least 1 city XD
besides the father and children stealing, its good,
Yeah I catch your point ;)
If this quest are complicated I can make quest like this or grinding quest (ex. collect X weedle needles, or shroomish spore), em you don't tell me I pass your test or not ;p

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
You can get some Ideas from Dragon Age Orgins, their quests just come out of nowhere but still fits in the gameplay. Since the game has a converstation system that can dramatically change your game, like in real life. So My idea on a quest:
1. A guy is in love with a chick
2. Chick likes him but wont marry him unless he catches a pokemon
3. Since he cant catch a pokemon, even if he tried 5 times, he is not considered a man by the community.
4. Because of gang activity, he cant go outside the town to try catching pokemon, but you can.
5. There are different ways you can do this:
6a. You catch a pokemon for him and give it to him and say he caught it himself and they get married
6b. You can persuade the girl to marry him even of he doesnt have a pokemon
6c. You can just mess it up if you try persuading and fail, she gets pissed off at you and wont talk to you, neither the guy.

Lusidea

Lolwut
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Errr.... :D
Maybe I (or with Lén) should make some map layouts, too. So we have an imagination how big and how detailed or which style the maps should have.

Would help a lot :bandit:

Lén1

Eternity Staff
Years
Why ? for quests ? nooo ... Quests' Author will work after the map will be done ...

For the mapping Contest ? noooo .... We are judging that map like that:
- Pokémonish
- Nice mapping

that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back