Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #651    
Old January 6th, 2010 (3:17 AM).
Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
Starting anew...
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 3,074
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dude-44 View Post
    This hack is so good I used walk through walls to see other areas . I ignored the stupid beta man and walked past him.
    So, what did you see? I'm interested.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abyssthesavior View Post
    for some reason i cant get the game to work....i used the english beta 2 translated by those two guys and after the intro is nothing....no title screen...nothing. just a white screen...i use a gba emulator for the psp that i think is called gPSP
    First of all, don't use GPSP.
    You can't play it without VBA.

    As for VBA, you have to:
    1. Change the Save Type from 64k to 128k.
    2. Reset

    Then you're done with the annoying stuff.
    __________________
    I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #652    
    Old January 6th, 2010 (3:38 AM).
    Lati-Fan95's Avatar
    Lati-Fan95 Lati-Fan95 is offline
    I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
       
      Join Date: Dec 2009
      Location: Wherever Latias and Latios are
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 246
      First of all... It was just as amazing as I thought it would! Truely great work, Dante and team! One of the best stories I know, amazing grphics and awesome region! And when I saw the name "Altomare" on the worldmap, I knew you´d be awesome cuz you´ll give my favpokemon a part in the hack (Altomare = town from Pokemon Heroes, Latias and Latios live there)!

      I also wanna ask whether the beta ends after you received the S.S. Ticket from the academy?

      And some bugs (I guess one or two were already posted but I´m not soo sure ´bout that):

      -Worldmap is glitchy (known, I guess!)
      -After you do anything on the Pokenav and go back to the Pokenav Menu, it´ll look glitchy
      -If you go to the Draken Ville through Greenwoods and take the warp to Drakenville, the screen´ll turn black after you entered it.
      -I somehow managed (without cheats!) to get in the room these guys from the academy blocked!
      -If you talk to Salamence´s head, it´ll battle you as a witch with a Sableye Lv.30 something (got owned from it... ;_! xD
      __________________
      Please feed my Pokes:
        #653    
      Old January 6th, 2010 (6:41 PM). Edited January 6th, 2010 by dude-44.
      dude-44 dude-44 is offline
         
        Join Date: Dec 2009
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 6
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
        So, what did you see? I'm interested.
        Well some areas past the beta man were finished, but there were no warps and all the people had the same dialogue as the people in Slateport City, including the seashore house. There was a bridge that lead to nowhere and trainers were in the water.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lati-Fan95 View Post
        First of all... It was just as amazing as I thought it would! Truely great work, Dante and team! One of the best stories I know, amazing grphics and awesome region! And when I saw the name "Altomare" on the worldmap, I knew you´d be awesome cuz you´ll give my favpokemon a part in the hack (Altomare = town from Pokemon Heroes, Latias and Latios live there)!

        I also wanna ask whether the beta ends after you received the S.S. Ticket from the academy?

        And some bugs (I guess one or two were already posted but I´m not soo sure ´bout that):

        -Worldmap is glitchy (known, I guess!)
        -After you do anything on the Pokenav and go back to the Pokenav Menu, it´ll look glitchy
        -If you go to the Draken Ville through Greenwoods and take the warp to Drakenville, the screen´ll turn black after you entered it.
        -I somehow managed (without cheats!) to get in the room these guys from the academy blocked!
        -If you talk to Salamence´s head, it´ll battle you as a witch with a Sableye Lv.30 something (got owned from it... ;_! xD
        Same. I was stuck outside the room, then I pressed up and I entered it.
          #654    
        Old January 7th, 2010 (12:25 AM).
        hell31 hell31 is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2008
          Posts: 3
          Brenda's salamence did not fly me back to littletown im stucn in scarlet...can anyone help..or is that the end of the beta..
            #655    
          Old January 7th, 2010 (6:23 AM).
          Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
          Memento Mori
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 14,503
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by hell31 View Post
          Brenda's salamence did not fly me back to littletown im stucn in scarlet...can anyone help..or is that the end of the beta..
          Um... did you talk to little guy in PC?
          __________________
          ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

          Anime List | PSN Trophy List
            #656    
          Old January 7th, 2010 (7:24 AM). Edited January 7th, 2010 by sjoosjed.
          sjoosjed's Avatar
          sjoosjed sjoosjed is offline
          Hack Bèta Tester
             
            Join Date: Dec 2009
            Location: Netherlands
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 3
            one little question about the game itself, im dont know wht to do next, im in redville and i talked to the professor in the park with the machoke and now i dont know wht to do, i cant go left from red ville because of the truck blocking the way and i cant go up from littleville because the rattata are blocking the way there, please if someone can leave a comment for me.

            ty greetz sjoosjed

            PS i found the place where to go
            __________________




              #657    
            Old January 7th, 2010 (7:27 AM).
            Galukxy's Avatar
            Galukxy Galukxy is offline
            I'm one with binary now.
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Nov 2009
            Location: Location not valid.
            Age: 23
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 2,212
            wow that whole game looks awesome i want to play it XD

            i like the presentation and the layout
              #658    
            Old January 7th, 2010 (1:10 PM).
            abyssthesavior's Avatar
            abyssthesavior abyssthesavior is offline
            How do I change my name here?
               
              Join Date: Aug 2008
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Serious
              Posts: 118
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
              First of all, don't use GPSP.
              You can't play it without VBA.

              As for VBA, you have to:
              1. Change the Save Type from 64k to 128k.
              2. Reset

              Then you're done with the annoying stuff.

              .....ffff******!!! ....i dont own my own computer for that...too bad theres no vba emulator for the psp....wait...is there?
                #659    
              Old January 8th, 2010 (2:44 AM).
              Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
              Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
              Starting anew...
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2007
                Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 3,074
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by abyssthesavior View Post
                .....ffff******!!! ....i dont own my own computer for that...too bad theres no vba emulator for the psp....wait...is there?
                I'm not sure. And calm down please.
                I don't have my own computer aswell, but I used my Parents' 2nd one.
                __________________
                I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
                  #660    
                Old January 8th, 2010 (11:04 AM).
                abyssthesavior's Avatar
                abyssthesavior abyssthesavior is offline
                How do I change my name here?
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2008
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Serious
                  Posts: 118
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
                  I'm not sure. And calm down please.
                  I don't have my own computer aswell, but I used my Parents' 2nd one.
                  sorry i cursed like that...i did however look up a possible vba for psp on google...good news: there is one(well....2 that are completely different really...) bad news: the most recent one i found was most recently updated in 2005 :/
                    #661    
                  Old January 8th, 2010 (2:39 PM).
                  THWILMORE THWILMORE is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2009
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 2
                    Hi,
                    This looks great and I can't wait to try it out! Unfortunately I'm having the white screen problem even after changing the save type to 128k. I also tried the link you posted at the top of the thread to your Pokehacking site looking for the rom base, but IE cannot pull up the site. Do you have any other ideas how I can get the game up and running? Thanks so much!
                      #662    
                    Old January 8th, 2010 (10:45 PM).
                    Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
                    Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
                    Starting anew...
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2007
                      Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 3,074
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by abyssthesavior View Post
                      sorry i cursed like that...i did however look up a possible vba for psp on google...good news: there is one(well....2 that are completely different really...) bad news: the most recent one i found was most recently updated in 2005 :/
                      Well, did it work?

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by THWILMORE View Post
                      Hi,
                      This looks great and I can't wait to try it out! Unfortunately I'm having the white screen problem even after changing the save type to 128k. I also tried the link you posted at the top of the thread to your Pokehacking site looking for the rom base, but IE cannot pull up the site. Do you have any other ideas how I can get the game up and running? Thanks so much!
                      I know that most people knows how to change the Save Type, but did you reset after changing the Save Type?
                      __________________
                      I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
                        #663    
                      Old January 8th, 2010 (10:55 PM).
                      bduddy bduddy is offline
                         
                        Join Date: May 2008
                        Location: San Mateo, CA
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 19
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by THWILMORE View Post
                        Hi,
                        This looks great and I can't wait to try it out! Unfortunately I'm having the white screen problem even after changing the save type to 128k. I also tried the link you posted at the top of the thread to your Pokehacking site looking for the rom base, but IE cannot pull up the site. Do you have any other ideas how I can get the game up and running? Thanks so much!
                        You can download Pokemon Ruby 1.0 (the 1.0 is important!) from anywhere, then patch and change the save type etc.
                          #664    
                        Old January 11th, 2010 (11:10 PM). Edited January 12th, 2010 by Yardizel.
                        Yardizel's Avatar
                        Yardizel Yardizel is offline
                        Treecko Trainer
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2008
                          Location: P-Town Nu Jerzzy
                          Age: 23
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 11
                          is it possible to play this on gpsp?

                          Never mind guys it works!
                          __________________









                          SoulSilver FC: 4340 5298 6979
                          Pearl FC: 2193 0483 6161
                            #665    
                          Old January 12th, 2010 (6:11 AM).
                          Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                          Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                          Memento Mori
                          • Gold Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2008
                          Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 14,503
                          You should explain this to others since I saw some guys who had problem with this.
                          __________________
                          ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                          Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                            #666    
                          Old January 12th, 2010 (3:45 PM). Edited January 12th, 2010 by nui876.
                          nui876's Avatar
                          nui876 nui876 is offline
                          I like hacks
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2009
                            Location: Castelia city
                            Age: 20
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 48
                            i supporrtt your hack OO

                            I am also making a hack. Ive only changed a few things in a ruby rom
                            __________________


                            Hacks I Support

                            http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4563/cronosupporterb.png
                              #667    
                            Old January 13th, 2010 (9:09 AM).
                            abyssthesavior's Avatar
                            abyssthesavior abyssthesavior is offline
                            How do I change my name here?
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2008
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Serious
                              Posts: 118
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Yardizel View Post
                              is it possible to play this on gpsp?

                              Never mind guys it works!
                              can u tell me how please? i couldnt figure it out at all....all i got was just the white screen after the big intro thing...
                                #668    
                              Old January 13th, 2010 (11:48 AM).
                              Yardizel's Avatar
                              Yardizel Yardizel is offline
                              Treecko Trainer
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2008
                                Location: P-Town Nu Jerzzy
                                Age: 23
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 11
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by abyssthesavior View Post
                                can u tell me how please? i couldnt figure it out at all....all i got was just the white screen after the big intro thing...

                                i meant to reply back on this. Yeah i had the same problem, i thought after the intro the game would work, so i posted that it worked, but i get a white screen after the intro. If i manage to get it working i'll be sure to tell you.
                                __________________









                                SoulSilver FC: 4340 5298 6979
                                Pearl FC: 2193 0483 6161
                                  #669    
                                Old January 13th, 2010 (11:59 AM).
                                abyssthesavior's Avatar
                                abyssthesavior abyssthesavior is offline
                                How do I change my name here?
                                   
                                  Join Date: Aug 2008
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Serious
                                  Posts: 118
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Yardizel View Post
                                  i meant to reply back on this. Yeah i had the same problem, i thought after the intro the game would work, so i posted that it worked, but i get a white screen after the intro. If i manage to get it working i'll be sure to tell you.
                                  thank you dude i appreciate it
                                    #670    
                                  Old January 17th, 2010 (6:22 AM).
                                  agent p agent p is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2010
                                    Posts: 1
                                    just wait for a while and it will come up as a fuzzy picture and it will say press start hope i helped and can anybody tell me is there any more games like this one
                                      #671    
                                    Old January 17th, 2010 (10:23 AM).
                                    abyssthesavior's Avatar
                                    abyssthesavior abyssthesavior is offline
                                    How do I change my name here?
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2008
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Serious
                                      Posts: 118
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by agent p View Post
                                      just wait for a while and it will come up as a fuzzy picture and it will say press start hope i helped and can anybody tell me is there any more games like this one
                                      you're talking about the gpsp emulator for psp right? if so then how long do u think is the wait?
                                        #672    
                                      Old January 18th, 2010 (8:12 AM).
                                      pokemon 8548 pokemon 8548 is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jan 2010
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 1
                                        the game is awsome the only problom is grammer
                                          #673    
                                        Old January 18th, 2010 (11:51 AM).
                                        Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                        Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                        Memento Mori
                                        • Gold Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2008
                                        Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                        Age: 25
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Calm
                                        Posts: 14,503
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by pokemon 8548 View Post
                                        the game is awsome the only problom is grammer
                                        Well according to how you typed this post I don't think grammar is the problem
                                        By the way which version do you mean?
                                        __________________
                                        ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                        Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                          #674    
                                        Old January 20th, 2010 (4:53 PM).
                                        THWILMORE THWILMORE is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Oct 2009
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 2
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by bduddy View Post
                                          You can download Pokemon Ruby 1.0 (the 1.0 is important!) from anywhere, then patch and change the save type etc.
                                          Thanks a million. It was the version that was the problem. Once I patched version 1.0 it worked like a charm! Thanks again!!
                                            #675    
                                          Old January 21st, 2010 (5:41 AM).
                                          triniboy1016 triniboy1016 is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: May 2009
                                            Gender:
                                            Posts: 4
                                            the screen is still white for me even after i put it on 64 an the ruby rom is in english, dono why its not working :/
                                            Closed Thread

                                            Quick Reply

                                            Join the conversation!

                                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                            Sponsored Links
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:29 AM.