• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Redemption

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Hmm.. What in particular don't you like about the pallets? The colors? Glad you like everything else.

Well I believe the pallettes are just fine. If we change the pallette on anything, the tree for example, it wouldn't "go" with the rest of the pallettes. On the other hand I think master of puppets WANTED to make the pallettes abit dark :/
Zein was probably referring to the livingness of the palettes. If you ask me, looking at a screen that is taken out in the open, the only lively thing that I see is the overworlds. The rest seem dead green or dead brown. So, as palettes they're great, but imo don't fit with the overworlds 'n' stuff.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Zein was probably referring to the livingness of the palettes. If you ask me, looking at a screen that is taken out in the open, the only lively thing that I see is the overworlds. The rest seem dead green or dead brown. So, as palettes they're great, but imo don't fit with the overworlds 'n' stuff.

So we have 3 options,
1) Change the pallettes to be more "lively"
2) Change the OW to be less lively
3) which is where you come in and make some :P

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Huzzah! I spy a small part of my map :D

I'm not really a fan of the No-Gyms-Until-You've-Finished-The-Game idea unless you've changed it since we last talked about it, but I guess its just me. Also, that kid who says "Are you crazy" in the Screenshots doesn't have blue text like all of the other manly men in the game :S

Anyways, I wish you luck with this, and I am always standing by ready to help, if needed.

josh354

Scripter
Years
Huzzah! I spy a small part of my map :D

I'm not really a fan of the No-Gyms-Until-You've-Finished-The-Game idea unless you've changed it since we last talked about it, but I guess its just me. Also, that kid who says "Are you crazy" in the Screenshots doesn't have blue text like all of the other manly men in the game :S

Anyways, I wish you luck with this, and I am always standing by ready to help, if needed.

Nice eyes in spying your map. Yeah, I understand not liking that certain part. Trust me though, just because there aren't "gym battles" doesn't mean there won't be plenty of tough challenges to overcome on your way through the story. Thanks for the feedback :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Finished the alpha...
Very clever password...
I wont mention why here, so I don't spoil it for others, but maybe you should change the password to 'Enter'.;)

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
your hack is great but if you changed all tiles you could also change the tiles of inside or at least change the colours in the same style as outside......

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Nice eyes in spying your map. Yeah, I understand not liking that certain part. Trust me though, just because there aren't "gym battles" doesn't mean there won't be plenty of tough challenges to overcome on your way through the story. Thanks for the feedback :D

What! No gym battles!, you told me hat gym battles won't be mandatory!
I like gym battles :D

your hack is great but if you changed all tiles you could also change the tiles of inside or at least change the colours in the same style as outside......

mk, lets get a couple of things straight, first off, the indoor tiles are bound to change, so don't worry bout those. On the other hand the outdoor tiles are not gonna change from what I can tell, so deal with it...

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
the outdoor tiles no need to change, they are really good, just the indoor tiles should have the same style as the outdoor ;D

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
the outdoor tiles no need to change, they are really good, just the indoor tiles should have the same style as the outdoor ;D

Ok, the inside tiles are bound for change as I said (but i'll talk to sully to make sure k). Glad you like the hack :)

josh354

Scripter
Years
Finished the alpha...
Very clever password...
I wont mention why here, so I don't spoil it for others, but maybe you should change the password to 'Enter'.;)

That is thanks to JPAN, and not everyone uses 'enter', so people will have to figure it out :D.

Thanks for the comment! Right now the palettes are getting mixed reviews, (like everything usually does lol) but if we decide to keep them the same I'll see what I can do about fixing the indoor tiles.

josh354

Scripter
Years
Eye Candy

UPDATE: Here are the next couple of maps that will be in the game. Both done by adamb241.

Jasper Cliffs
Spoiler:

No name on this one yet
Spoiler:

And here is a rough draft of the world map. Anything is subject to change and as of now nothing is set in stone.
Left Side: Maiestas
Right Side: Estille

World Map
Spoiler:

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Nice maps, the world map, I hope looks much better in the good copy.

Last edited:

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
Years
Ok so I'm playing the Alpha, and these are the bugs so far that I have found(btw I'm not done with the Alpha yet)

1)Step outside of your hous, take 4 steps down, 2 steps to the left, 1 step down and you will see your reflection on the flower(like if that was water, now this might be an error, from when you inseret the tiles or something)

2)In Treasure Beach, the sign next to the rock, the words are all messed up.

3)When you go to run an errand for your gramps, if you talk to the "Messanger Guy", but you talk to him by the side, he wil turn, but it will look weird(its like he turns, but at the same time its like from the neck down the body is stil facing forward)

4)The second sign in route 201 says "Make sure to stop at a Pokecenter if you parties health is getting low." I it should be "if your parties", not "if you parties". (for got the "r")

5)In Pechip town, the sign infron of the pokecenter and pokemart says "Pokemon can eat berries to gain heath and other attributes during a battle. You spelled "heath" instead of "health".(forgot the "l")

6) When the grunt comes to take the player, Arnold says "recking havoc", it should be "reeking havoc". (you forgot the other "e", and it has no "c")

7)[Same scene as 6] The grunt says "This is none of your buisness", change "buisness" to "business".

8)In your house you have a walking permision error, the trainer should be able to take one more step towards the TV and the shelf and the cabbinat, but he cant.

9)The Guard that tells you to go tell his son somethings, he says something like "I have to stay longer that I thought", is should be "than" on "that".

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Oh yeah, I downloaded the Alpha a week or so, but haven't got around to finishing it. From what I played of it so far, I really liked it. I did notice, though, in your scripts that you use "\l" in a lot of your text breaks, and there's nothing wrong with it, but maybe you could use "\p" when they start a new sentence? It makes the person's talking sort of just run on. I use "\l" if their speech goes past the use of "\n".

And also, how did you guys find out how to give the PokeRus? I decompiled the script and just saw the use of a few Special commands, but still...I haven't seen PokeRus introduced in ANYONE else's hack before!

josh354

Scripter
Years
@PEPITO1O1O: Thanks for finding all of those. I'll fix them up and then release a fixed alpha sometime soon.

Oh yeah, I downloaded the Alpha a week or so, but haven't got around to finishing it. From what I played of it so far, I really liked it. I did notice, though, in your scripts that you use "\l" in a lot of your text breaks, and there's nothing wrong with it, but maybe you could use "\p" when they start a new sentence? It makes the person's talking sort of just run on. I use "\l" if their speech goes past the use of "\n".

And also, how did you guys find out how to give the PokeRus? I decompiled the script and just saw the use of a few Special commands, but still...I haven't seen PokeRus introduced in ANYONE else's hack before!

Thanks, I will try to start doing that from now on. That is a special from JPAN's patch. I have already used a few of his features in the alpha and I love it :D.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Ok so I'm playing the Alpha, and these are the bugs so far that I have found(btw I'm not done with the Alpha yet)

1)Step outside of your hous, take 4 steps down, 2 steps to the left, 1 step down and you will see your reflection on the flower(like if that was water, now this might be an error, from when you inseret the tiles or something)

2)In Treasure Beach, the sign next to the rock, the words are all messed up.

3)When you go to run an errand for your gramps, if you talk to the "Messanger Guy", but you talk to him by the side, he wil turn, but it will look weird(its like he turns, but at the same time its like from the neck down the body is stil facing forward)

4)The second sign in route 201 says "Make sure to stop at a Pokecenter if you parties health is getting low." I it should be "if your parties", not "if you parties". (for got the "r")

5)In Pechip town, the sign infron of the pokecenter and pokemart says "Pokemon can eat berries to gain heath and other attributes during a battle. You spelled "heath" instead of "health".(forgot the "l")

6) When the grunt comes to take the player, Arnold says "recking havoc", it should be "reeking havoc". (you forgot the other "e", and it has no "c")

7)[Same scene as 6] The grunt says "This is none of your buisness", change "buisness" to "business".

8)In your house you have a walking permision error, the trainer should be able to take one more step towards the TV and the shelf and the cabbinat, but he cant.

9)The Guard that tells you to go tell his son somethings, he says something like "I have to stay longer that I thought", is should be "than" on "that".
Let me just add one more to that:
10)If you talk to the boat at Treasure Beach, the game freezes.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Whats with the ugly trees. i think you should add some color to them!

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Whats with the ugly trees. i think you should add some color to them!

Ummm, the trees are perfectly fine, you are complaining about to pallettes. which in all due respect don't need to be changed. They are from a rom base and fideling with them may end up in other pallettes being messed up (unless you know what you are doing).I hate it when ppl read other ppl's comments and say the exact same thing, it's really pointless...WE KNOW ALREADY

Course I have very little say in this, but sully will figure some kind of solution, personally I wouldn't care.

josh354

Scripter
Years
Ok I have an update and an announcement. First the update. I have added the next couple of events into the game. I took a video of the first one and added it to the first post. Here are the pics of what happens after:

Spoiler:

Ok and now for the announcement. Personally, I like the palettes the way that they are now. Unless everyone starts to complain about them, the chances of them changing are slim. There may be a few edits here or there but nothing drastic. Thanks for reading, please give me some feedback :D.

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Ok I have an update and an announcement. First the update. I have added the next couple of events into the game. I took a video of the first one and added it to the first post. Here are the pics of what happens after:

Spoiler:

Ok and now for the announcement. Personally, I like the palettes the way that they are now. Unless everyone starts to complain about them, the chances of them changing are slim. There may be a few edits here or there but nothing drastic. Thanks for reading, please give me some feedback :D.

Sully you forgot to mention that the sprites and overworlds are changing, so i'll mention that, LT.surge is gonna be some random other dude :D

Back