• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

3d pokemon models

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
[DELETE ME] 3d pokemon models

Models not public anymore, this thread is pointless.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Absolutely love them.

I don't think that they will be that great of a help to many fangames but they still look wonderful.

And it is absolutely AWESOME to see that there is progress on a REAL 3D FANGAME!

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
I am terrible at 3d modeling, any suggestions? (you saw my crap before)

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 25, 2012
Amazing, only one question, how can I make my own models ?
Anyway, nice job !

Gigatom~

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
He uses blender and gimp.

I dont think that answers his question, if you wanna try to make your own learn how to model google 3d modeling tutorials or something learn about high poly and low poly, learn vertexes what meshes are ect... its not easy but most can learn it...

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 25, 2012
I dont think that answers his question, if you wanna try to make your own learn how to model google 3d modeling tutorials or something learn about high poly and low poly, learn vertexes what meshes are ect... its not easy but most can learn it...

Okay, thanks, I'll try it.

Gigatom~

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
These look like nice models, but I have to ask - why .blend files? Wouldn't .fbx be more usable in general? (I'm not entirely sure because everything I worked with was compatible with my modelling program from the start and don't know about other game development tools.)

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
These look like nice models, but I have to ask - why .blend files?
Because I was searching for a good enough cross-platform format that would support multiple textures, no texture size limit, weights and bone (yet) animation, before including it in the archive.
I thought it would be better to upload the original blends with toon shading applied for now. And since Blender is free, anyone would be able to download it and convert it to the format of their choice.
Looks like there is no way to export the toon shading to other program, so youll have to make one yourself, sorry:
smoothb.png
smoothb.png

Wouldn't .fbx be more usable in general? (I'm not entirely sure because everything I worked with was compatible with my modelling program from the start and don't know about other game development tools.)
Does it support all I mentioned above? Is it well supported among programs?
If you want the models, I can upload obj files with mtl now.
EDIT: failed with 2 textures...

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
But you should know what programs to google tutorials for, you know. Like Poeman said: Blender and GIMP . Here is a tutorial: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

Your right, and the tutorial is a good one, but what if he want to use 3ds max(Yeah there is no way he has it if he's beginning but its out there) I didnt want to point him to any certain tool because every1 has their favorite and there is a few good programs out there. Just pointed him in what i believe is the right direction, its how i learned what i know bout the 3d adventure... But i actually use 3Dsmax.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
Your right, and the tutorial is a good one, but what if he want to use 3ds max
Here is a tutorial for Blender
fixed
I didnt want to point him to any certain tool because every1 has their favorite and there is a few good programs out there.
I just think he could learn 'high poly and low poly, learn vertexes what meshes are' and all that basic stuff in his program-specific tutorial.

Okay, looks like Collada 1.4 supports what I need and I think many programs support it.
First post updated with the files.

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
.fbx files are generally universal for game dev programs. They support bone-based animations, though I think you'd have to bake textures before exporting.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
I think .dae is one of the formats that Unity cannot support. In terms of free programs, Unity CAN support .blend files, though I'm not sure how many others can.

As for my modeling software, I'm currently transitioning between Cinema4d(which is mostly meant for animation, anyhow) and Blender because I'm on a low budget and C4d was only accessible for me on my classroom computer.

(Bear with me if I ask simple questions - modeling and animation were not my strong points.)

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
I think .dae is one of the formats that Unity cannot support.
Cannot or doesn't? It wasn't listed in the supported formats from the main site, but I read some people saying you can in the forums. Might wanna give it a try.
I tried to export an fbx from Blender and it ended up with no materials (textures)
As for my modeling software, I'm currently transitioning between Cinema4d(which is mostly meant for animation, anyhow) and Blender
Looks like C4D supports it as well:
kbrvaq.png

EDIT: Looks like Unity supports collada as well, only I wasn't able to load a multitexture model:
unityalakazam.jpg

Last edited:
Back