• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origin

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Update! New screens:

pokemonfollow.jpg

On the left: Kecleon following Lucas, viewing a window in Twinleaf Town (Rival's House)
On the right: Zapdos following Lucas, going into a door in Twinleaf Town (Player's House)
The above screens show a brand new addition for Pokemon - Following the player. Credits and Props to help-14 for creating the original script, but I did do multiple changes to it since I changed Origin's way of interpreting things while developing the DS. I'll upload a video of some new stuff probably tomorrow, including the battle system, Pokemon following the character (showing changes from help-14's script), and maybe the underground if I get to it or something like that, and maybe more. The underground map is vast so it's not exactly complete. The twinleaf map is not final either, especially since I really need to remake the floor tiles, but it's a general idea.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Looks good, though personally I don't think that a Pokemon Following system should be interpreted on any RMXP game. RMXP has its own way of handling the events and the bigger Pokemon Overworlds overlap the player in a nasty way...you should look into that problem. Now I'm just interested with what you are planning to do with the bottom screen during the map view. For now it's empty...

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Luka S.J.

I have indeed forseen that issue, and thus only smaller (1-tile) Pokemon can follow the character. This follow addition is actually optional, I added support to the PokemonScreen script so the player can choose to walk with, or without, their lead Pokemon allowing complete freedom. For now, as you can see, the bottom is vacant. This is because I have a couple different ideas about what to put there...*says in an underhanded voice* or what to not put there. :D

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Update!

New Picture of the hero and his Garchomp in the new Twinleaf Town and...what is this? A Pokétch! Following D/Pt's footsteps, the Poketch returns but with more apps, including a menu application (available from the when you get the Poketch which will be revealed later and is received differently than D/Pt, with the exception to a couple options such as the PokeGear which obviously is obtained separately; The DEBUG option will not be available in public versions for some obvious reasons). Off with the talking, on with the shot:

capture002d.jpg

Also, please don't comment "eww, the colors of the icons is look weird, the colors are supposed to be green and not much else (i.e. not red, orange, etc...)" I already know this, the GUI was made quickly as I was more busy scripting the feature, however, I do promise a better GUI soon. For those game developers out there, this Poketch does indeed work like DPt, although I haven't finished every application, it's playable. I also made a brand new screenshot module, so your screens save automatically in a folder called "snapshots" saving space on the root. I also modified the music, although this module obviously won't really take much effect until the release, I thought I'd note what is going to happen.

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Well, a post New Year's update is underway:

capture047.png

The above picture depicts a brand new 3 Dimensional (3D) effect I scripted. It's much better in the actual game than it looks in the picture, but I don't really have the time to shoot a video because I'm with family right now. This effect is 100% lag-free (Runs at the same Frames Per Second as Pokemon Essentials) and doesn't interfere with any scripts/event processing. As a side note, it also includes and updated GUI for the game's Poketch. Sorry about the pencil (on the save screen) and the pokeball symbol (on the bag) though, if I was to recolor them with the correct pallete (from the original Poketch) the pictures wouldn't look right.

I also almost got a fully scripted (use of no events) introduction. I was planning on keeping it private until finished, but then I thought, "hey, it's the first day of 2010, why not show a screenshot." So here it is:

capture003.png

And no game is complete without Sweet Honey Trees :D

capture049.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: All pictures above are either fully functional, or pretty much done.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Now is the game truly 3d or is it just 2d sprites?

Ehh, that was actually mentioned if you really looked at it, but it's 2d sprites with a 3D effect, and before you say true 3d is impossible in RMXP, it's completely possible to do, although I am not saying it's easy to do. I almost got this very engine to make true 3d sprites, but the maps looked really terrible (they were chopped up for whatever reason) but it worked to an interesting degree.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
News! A pic of MYSTERY GIFT:

capture051.png

Please excuse the GUI and UI, this took me like 4 days to script and it's not fully done (but it can read a mystery gift file AND create a pokemon/item off of it).

I promise a video at some point but my Finals are this coming week so I can't promise it so soon, but I swear that the script can indeed MAKE pokemon AND items out of files I create (for the mystery gift) and DOWNLOAD them from a url (not to be specified) directly from the RGSS Player. (No need to download them from your browser)

I am also sorry (again) for the lazy GUI and UI, I really just scripted this quickly but I'm planning on making it better.

~ CP

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> AceOlsen:

I don't really think of it as a 'sequel' personally because nintendo has yet to make a pokemon game with all the regions, and shadow Pokemon haven't made their way to the DS (up to today that is, I don't know if they ever really will) plus a good number of other features. In contrast, there are a lot of features in common with current Pokemon games by nintendo, so it's really based on opinion.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
hmmm so you have to download a mystery gift file to make it work? Isn't it better if you just get it directly from the internet through the game, so it's cheat proof? At least thats what I would do, abnd it would be easier to work with, since PbDownloadToString is already there and would help with that...

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
hmmm so you have to download a mystery gift file to make it work? Isn't it better if you just get it directly from the internet through the game, so it's cheat proof? At least thats what I would do, abnd it would be easier to work with, since PbDownloadToString is already there and would help with that...

@> ~JV~:

Please read the post your making suggestions:

"DOWNLOAD them from a url (not to be specified)."

That was from the text in my post, so yes, it can pull files from the internet directly from the game. As for the pbDownloadToString thing, that method is old. I made a new method based on the pbDownloadToString that makes it more simple and much more powerful. I admit, however, I should have put "from the RGSS Player" but I assumed most people would kinda pick it up from reading...anyways, I'll edit that in now.

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been busy lately but I just wanted to note I'll have some news within two weeks, including a video. My plans are to have:

A fully functional underground with a video (around 60% complete as of now)
Display of a functional Poketch with at least two of it's apps.
Finish GUI and interface of the Mystery Gift mentioned before. (Since it was done at the time I posted it)

I don't know exactly what the video/screenshots will be of just yet, but these are my plans so far. I'll definitely have the underground shots though at very minimal.

~ CP

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Small Update, lottery system complete:

http://collosalnetwork.net//Pokemon Origin/Videos/clip001.avi

For now I can't access youtube so you'll have to download the AVI...there's no audio yet because I'm in school with limited time. The tiles don't look like they do in the video, it's because they're jpegged that they look kinda weird. It also shows the new 3D effect.
I'll upload a better video tonight, but I thought people might want to see a little preview :D

EDIT:

Now that I have a little time I'll explain how this lottery system will work --- 'cause it's different than how DPt's works.

First of all, it no longer is based upon your IDno. but rather on a random ticket. Next, I have added a 6th slot to the random
ticket's number, making it so there's now 6 prizes. Next, as a regulation (because it's no longer IDno. based) to prevent overuse or mistreatment, the lotteries only occur on Mondays, once a week. These are the main changes, the item list remains virtually intact with DPt's prizes, however, I shall list them:

Prize 1 (First numbers matched) : Potion
Prize 2 (Second numbers matched) : Ultra Ball
Prize 3 (Third numbers matched) : PP Up
Prize 4 (Fourth numbers matched) : EXP Share
Prize 5 (Fifth numbers matched) : Max Revive
Prize 6 (All numbers matched) : Master Ball

~ CP

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So if no one want to comment i will do that :D

First cool trailer but showing little short, i like the lottery.

next you should show us osthers systems, battle or something

Good work

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Venom12:

It wasn't meant to be long, it was more of a...teaser-trailer. I'm working on something that will blow all other systems off the charts. I won't release an exact date for that film, but I am going to get the video in by February's end. It'll be truly awesome and I think everyone will enjoy it. It's over 50% done as of now, so I think I can do it pretty soon.

Hint: I've mentioned it before, back in 2009 with a screenshot of about 2% of it done. I've gotten through the bulk of it though, so I'm sure it won't take longer than a month at most.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Since I had a 4-day weekend over the past couple days, I thought I'd do something I've totally forgot about; The Pokedex:

capture057.png

Of course it's not 100% done, but I thought I owed the thread something so here's a first. I am still working on the secret project and it's coming together really nicely, I might release a single screenshot later today (Just finishing the main bugs, so you guys don't see them :D)

The Pokedex above is pretty much lag-free but, of course, move your cursor around swiftly in the window makes it lag. (There's no way around that since every player can't have controlled cursor speeds)

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
HGSS Styled dex, now more peoples using hgss style things. Its cool you get this pokedex, cant wait to see this secret.

Back