• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

New Items! (FR/LG/E) (Heavily Imaged Based Tutorial)

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Ever started a hack on FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald, you got the items completely, edited; but, than, oh crap, the icon's still a "?", well, I'm gonna try to explain how you can fully customize and add more items to the game without, hopefully replacing old items. You can still do all of this on Ruby and Sapphire, it's just all you'd need there is Item Manager and maybe FSF.

Programs needed:
Item Manager
FSF
Item Image Editor
unLZ.GBA
Advance-Mart/Visualboy Adavance (Maybe, probably just to see if it worked).

T1.png

T2.png

T3.png

T4.png

T5.png

T6.png

T7.png

T8.png

T9.png

T10.png

T11.png

T12.png

T13.png

T14.png

T15.png

T16.png

T17.png

T18.png

T19.png

And the final result:

Final1.png

Final2.png

Final3.png

Final4.png

It didn't completely work, but you did get a new item out of it!

Final5.png

See, the Dream Mail, which I used to edit the Aura Stone in, is completely unaffected!

If this gets approved and helps people, awesome, I found something that doesn't seem to have a tutorial that some might be interested in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Nice tut for newbie^^
While researching the potions,I found that the most of the grouped items are relied on their indexes.
So if you want the new item work,that may needs some ASM skills.

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Nice tut for newbie^^
While researching the potions,I found that the most of the grouped items are relied on their indexes.
So if you want the new item work,that may needs some ASM skills.
Yeah, I assumed that when it didn't work. But, I lack ASM skills. I'll play around with it a bit more though to see if there's a non-ASM alternative. There probably isn't but, why not try to find one?

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Wouldn't it be better to use this?
2454637.png

It's a little better and you would use one less tool...
Yeah, but I couldn't get certain tools to work on the computer I'm using, so it's all just preference of what program do I want or have to use?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I see.

Although if one of them works there is no reason why the other shouldn't :P

They are similar and in fact are based off the same source.

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I see.

Although if one of them works there is no reason why the other shouldn't :P

They are similar and in fact are based off the same source.
I don't know, some of the computers at my house are weird and I'm waiting for my actual one to get fixed. I pretty much use my PSP as a middle-man for hacking roms right now. That's kinda off-topic, but, eh.

Years
Hi,
This is a great tutorial, but i had a bit of a problem. I set my new item to be a key item and to have a new name, I copied the description from a new item, however I didnt add a sprite because i havnt designed one yet. It then displays the item name as ????? and has no description.

I dont know why it is displaying the ????? for the name and no description. Is this because once it sees that it has no sprite it goes to a default ????? item?

If its any help i am using index number 35.

also ... how did you write a custom description for your item? in your tutorial you copy the leaf stone however in the final result it has your own text. Is this done through a scripting program, compiled and then pointed to or is this a completely different process. Thank you for your help.

Cheers

bigboi

Hacker of the 3rd Generation
Years
where can you download the item tools? I can't seem to find them. Attaching the files would have been nice

bigboi

Hacker of the 3rd Generation
Years
When I import the images, they aren't indexed. How can I fix this?

dragonh123

Pokemon Tamer
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Great tutorial, but how do u make the stone actually work? I want to add dawn stone to my game but it wont work, PM me an answer plz!

Years
I need that item manager to set some new prices for my hack. Do you have a downloadlink? i can't find it anywhere?
I found an earlyer version of thethethe's item editor but it's no good to set prices. Each time you finish the pokemon league i want to make a character appear that offers some rare items for 65000. But when i set the prices of some items to 65000 and press save, item editor turns the price into a negative value. You can't go higher then 32768!

[EDIT]
Did some thinking and figured out why you can't go above 32760 without going negative. it's because the max is 2^ 16(65536, determined by number of bytes used to store value). If you want to have positive and negative values you get a range -32768 to 32767. So 0-32767 is the positive range and 32768-65536 is the negative range.

Last edited:

strickenagain

New Species
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2011
How can i get the stones to actually work? It is a key part of my hack. Thanks!

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
this would be the best tutorial ever if you showed us how to get the stone to actually work! I already changed the evolution of the pokemon i wanted to test with yape, and everything works fine until I try to use the item, then it says "it wouldnt do anything" please help!!!

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
Years
Same happened to me. When I use a Mega Stone, which I made up, on my Mewtwo, it says "it had no effect". Anyone help me?

Back