• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aeroplane!

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Having not long returned from a week in San Diego, which included a crappy flight in a tin can from Dallas (on the way there), and bad movies on the longer flights, ive had the time alone to wonder what flights are like for all of you. So in the first post in a week, i ask you, do you like flying?

I didn't mind the flight back, i was flying through the night and had a good sleep, but the flight there was horrible, bad food, uncomfortable seats and inconsiderate passengers. On top of that, i am a bit dizzy right now (whether its due to the plane or not...) and the tin can made me sick (more to do with dunkin donuts?). Is this just a bad experience? or is flying just crap?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 20, 2010
It's long and boring, since I can't sleep unless I'm in a bed, but other than that it doesn't really bother me. Just got to remember to bring a book.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
I've only ever flew in an Aeroplane once and was too young to remember what it was like.
But I can Imagine it being very long as I am very picky about where i sleep. (must be somewhere I'm familiar with and comfortable XD) :x

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
only flight I have been on with curtis is down to london to visit his father.. so I can't really comment on this, but after the summer holiday when we come back from Italy I can.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
I used to hate flying, but I imagine that if I had my laptop, it wouldn't be so bad.

Years
On the two times I flew somewhere, I always had some kind of film to watch (without sound, but at least subbed) that made me forget about plane crash fears. The food was mediocre at best, but overall it wasn't that bad.

Medli

I am Error.
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
Ugh. I despise plane flights. Every other summer or so, my family and I always fly to Asia because we have family there. The flight is 15 hours long or so? It feels longer. I'm not exactly sure.

I've always hated them because I could never go to sleep. And flying over a ton of timezones in the world really messes up your internal clock so you're not exactly sure when you're supposed to sleep anyway. Then there's the jet lag after you land.

Yeah, the food isn't much to write home about either. I end up getting this feeling of, "I'm hungry, but I don't want to eat. What time is it? Is it time to eat? Really? I feel kind of sick." And the air quality inside the plane isn't the best either. Or maybe I'm just frail. I mean, on a road trip, at least you get to go outside every now and again to stretch and breathe. In a plane, you're just kind of stuck.

I actually haven't been on a plane in a while, so I'm not sure how I'd react to it now. I recently went on an 18 hour bus trip to Florida, which actually wasn't too bad, so maybe I'll have a better time on a plane now.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
i love plane flights! although, i usually just listen to my ipod most of the time. but i hate sitting next to people i don't know -.- they get on my nerves sometimes.

Ayselipera

I rather take a train, because I think they're funner. Even though I rather road trip to my destination. I love car rides and I love listening to music while I'm flying down the highway. Now I wish it was summer. D: Planes are okay though they just don't feel special.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
Years
Surely, you can't be serious...

Only time I've been up in the air had a touch-screen TV and internet on every seat, polite staff, and clean restrooms, aside from some random lady who for some reason had to stretch and kept switching my friggin' channel, it was kewlz....

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
I went on my first flight of my life last month. The trip wasn't too long since I was only going a state away. (About an hour and a half) But, I got really nervous about going through security and about who I'd have to sit by. Even on my flight home, I was still an anxious mess about those two things. However, I used to be terrified of flying but now, not so much. It wasn't really a bad flight or anything, but then again that could be since it wasn't so long. I don't know if I'd handle a flight that was over 4 hours max.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
Years
I love flying. It's one of my top 5 interests.

Looking down on the earth from 30-40.000 feet is always great fun. I'm not afraid of plane crashes either - Planes rarely ever crash, and they're getting safer every day.

However, i'd get pissed off if someone had reserved a window seat when they're not even going to look out the window. On my last umm.. one or two? oh, whatever :p flights i've taken a lot of pictures, because I find flying great fun and I want to keep some memories from the flights. :D

I'm sure i'd get a bit bored if I were to fly for like 10-15 hours, but I can't really comment on that, since my longest flight was about 5 hours long. :P

So yeah, I love flying.

Years
My last flight was something like 10 hours long. I was cramped. I couldn't sleep. I felt ill. Ugh. It's a really convenient way to travel, but I still hate flying.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
I love flying! :D
Although, it tends to get a bit boring sometimes, and the seats are cramped.

IHowever, i'd get pissed off if someone had reserved a window seat when they're not even going to look out the window.

Yeah, I hate that too..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
My Flight Experience
I believe that in total I've managed to clock like 98400km of flight distance. (like a little more two times around the earth)

From Washington to Paris and back, From Paris to Cameroon and back, From Washington to Jerusalem four times

Flight food in my experience is better on Air France, yet sucks on all the other carriers D:

edit: I just remembered my body is very susceptible to air pressure changes, so whenever we are descending I feel like there is a sewing needle in my ear and eyeball :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I've never flown. I have a severe fear of heights. @.@ I'd probably have a panic attack during the first half of the flight, then sleep because I was so worn out from the panic attack at the end.

D: So I don't think I'd enjoy it.

Back