• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Profile Backgrounds....Redux?

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
Years
Hello mods, admins. I've been wondering how to get a background image onto my profile.

I did some Googling, which led me to
this blog entry by Medusa. I followed everything outlined in the comments, but problems were still present as I did not see the icon for adding a background image. I then checked the User Profile FAQ, which says that all I needed to do was create an album and... there, I'd be able to accomplish what I've set out to do.

However... that is not the case. Still couldn't add the image. So I checked the threads in this forum.
:D This is what I found. All of a sudden I see implications that you have to be a supporter to have a BG image. @_@ This thread is the only thing that implies as much, so I'm thinking it was made before the FAQ was updated, or after? Something doesn't add up. So I thought I'd ask you guys (through PM), but then I thought maybe others are wondering the same thing, so I decided to make a thread instead.

Getting a little TL;DR, sorry. I've always been long-winded. Anyway, can you guys clear this up for me?

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
Years
FFFFF. Thank you. Someone should definitely add that to the FAQ. It's quite misleading. :/
My apologies if I missed that part.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
I'm sorry for the somewhat late post, but I thought this was available to all members.
Was it just recently that it only became available to community supporters?

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
Years
I'm sorry for the somewhat late post, but I thought this was available to all members.
Was it just recently that it only became available to community supporters?

Nah.. some regular members still managed to pull off some awesome layouts with just colors, but the images have always been a supporter perk.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
Years
Well I guess.. if you've seen regular members with background images, maybe they used to be on staff, and just haven't changed their profiles layout. I can't think of any other way.. xD;

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
All right then, thanks for clearing that up.

The reason I was so confused is that I remember back in December or so,
there was a button you could use in Customize Profile to add your picture as a background.
I was always frustrated because stuff wouldn't load to my album.
So yeah. I remember it being there @.@

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
Years
All right then, thanks for clearing that up.

The reason I was so confused is that I remember back in December or so,
there was a button you could use in Customize Profile to add your picture as a background.
I was always frustrated because stuff wouldn't load to my album.
So yeah. I remember it being there @.@

Actually, wait, my bad.

No.. staff can't use background images either, unless they're a supporter too.

I dunno what you saw then.. o__o

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
Years

EDIT: And for the record, staff can use backgrounds. Any perks that supporters get, staff also have. Exceptions being the VIP forum (though they can see it, unless they're supporters they aren't supposed to participate) and back when we had the name change system, the 3 month limit.

D:

wut.

I can't use backgrounds on my main.. at least I couldn't the last few times I tried.

Guess I should go check that out.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Lemme go see... x__x I've tired a few times within the last year, and nothing ever showed up. D;

-crosses fingers-

Edit:

WHOAHH. It showed up this time. 8D

My mind is blown..

Back