Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

TrollandToad.com
View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #476    
Old February 27th, 2010 (4:29 PM).
<~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
<~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
I got you whistling Blue Box!
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Posts: 640
Ha ha It's been quite a while since I've last looked at this thread. I'm so happy to hear about the change, not because I like DS size or anything, but because I'm still seeing your game going along and making amazing improvements. I'm loving the Pig type D/P styled Fakemon. Can't wait to see more

Relevant Advertising!

  #477    
Old March 4th, 2010 (11:41 AM).
Darkerm's Avatar
Darkerm Darkerm is offline
Darkness is Not always Evil
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Bangladesh
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Gentle
    Posts: 401
    Looks good. But I dont like RMXP. I like normal GBA Pokemon hack. Anyway good luck.
    __________________
    This signature has been disabled.
    Exceeds the 350px height limit.
    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

    You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

    Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
      #478    
    Old March 4th, 2010 (11:52 AM).
    The Dewitty's Avatar
    The Dewitty The Dewitty is offline
    Pixel artist, professional leo
       
      Join Date: Jul 2009
      Location: Netherlands
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Bold
      Posts: 266
      Why don't you like RPGXP. Most homemade games are way better than a hack. If you want to play hacks, you should visit the hacking section instead of the game dev one.
      __________________
        #479    
      Old March 4th, 2010 (11:54 AM).
      Peeky Chew's Avatar
      Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
      Master of Palettes
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: Great Britain
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 852
      Isn't the ds resolution just one more tile all over?

      Anyway, the Dew tiles are really good and well mapped, mostly. Some of the parts could do with a little rearanging and some of the tiles don't match the style very well. I don't really like the title screen, but maybe it looks better animated? 14 of all of the Fakemon are good in my opinion. Menu system looks nice and simple. Over all the front page looks a little tacky. Css can be good, but it doesn't seem to work with the colours you're using.
      __________________



      Demo Beta out Now!

        #480    
      Old March 4th, 2010 (12:56 PM).
      The Dewitty's Avatar
      The Dewitty The Dewitty is offline
      Pixel artist, professional leo
         
        Join Date: Jul 2009
        Location: Netherlands
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 266
        Please don't judge us by our old screenshots. We're busy with a major revamp and will be posting new stuff as soon as possible.
        __________________
          #481    
        Old March 4th, 2010 (1:12 PM).
        Turquoise's Avatar
        Turquoise Turquoise is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2009
          Location: Florida
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Careful
          Posts: 23
          Question, does that pig fakemon evolve from Mankey? cause that would be cool.
          Um can I try to re-sprite some of the fakemon into d/p/pt style?
          Oh btw, I'm looking foward to seeing some new screenshots :D
          __________________

          Friends are precious and so is life.
          Don't forget your family and pets and always give yours thanks to God.
          Tyler says:
          hope for the best, prepare for the worst
            #482    
          Old March 4th, 2010 (1:34 PM).
          ~JV~'s Avatar
          ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
          Dev of Pokémon Uranium
             
            Join Date: Aug 2007
            Location: Rio de Janeiro
            Age: 23
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 715
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
            Isn't the ds resolution just one more tile all over?

            Anyway, the Dew tiles are really good and well mapped, mostly. Some of the parts could do with a little rearanging and some of the tiles don't match the style very well. I don't really like the title screen, but maybe it looks better animated? 14 of all of the Fakemon are good in my opinion. Menu system looks nice and simple. Over all the front page looks a little tacky. Css can be good, but it doesn't seem to work with the colours you're using.
            whats the point in criticizing something which I stated that is being revampes? You wasted your time friend.... The title screen is good, and I don't want to discuss about it. The fakemon part was really rude of you, I'm sure that a lot more on that are considered to be high standard, I see NO concrete game, with a as good quality/quantity proportion of fakemon... Actually, there are no fakemon game demo here other than Uranium. I also see no problem at all with the CSS... it's blue man, BLUE.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by The Dewitty View Post
            Please don't judge us by our old screenshots. We're busy with a major revamp and will be posting new stuff as soon as possible.
            I like to answer to the posts like above just so you know =p.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
            Question, does that pig fakemon evolve from Mankey? cause that would be cool.
            Um can I try to re-sprite some of the fakemon into d/p/pt style?
            Oh btw, I'm looking foward to seeing some new screenshots :D
            He actually evolves from Primeape, we are still not sure how it does, but it will be by holding a item or something else. Yes, this fakemon, as I said ( I think) was the first sprite to be revamped =].
            __________________
              #483    
            Old March 4th, 2010 (7:05 PM).
            Involuntary Twitch's Avatar
            Involuntary Twitch Involuntary Twitch is offline
            Oripoke
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Sep 2005
            Location: USA
            Age: 23
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Sassy
            Posts: 657
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
            Question, does that pig fakemon evolve from Mankey? cause that would be cool.
            Um can I try to re-sprite some of the fakemon into d/p/pt style?
            Oh btw, I'm looking foward to seeing some new screenshots :D
            The fakemon is Emperilla, and yes he does evolve from Primeape (as JV told you). I'm already in the process of revamping most of our fakes, but if you want to try it out for fun, go right ahead-- we like fanart. ^^

            ...We'll get a formal update together soon enough. We've got a lot to comb through before that happens, though. ;D
            __________________
              #484    
            Old March 5th, 2010 (1:28 AM).
            Peeky Chew's Avatar
            Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
            Master of Palettes
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Sep 2009
            Location: Great Britain
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 852
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
            whats the point in criticizing something which I stated that is being revampes? You wasted your time friend.... The title screen is good, and I don't want to discuss about it. The fakemon part was really rude of you, I'm sure that a lot more on that are considered to be high standard, I see NO concrete game, with a as good quality/quantity proportion of fakemon... Actually, there are no fakemon game demo here other than Uranium. I also see no problem at all with the CSS... it's blue man, BLUE.
            I thought it would be ok to cc on your current game. The title screen is good, in your opinion. I judged the fakemon by which I wouldn't notice weren't realy in a normal game, Ancanthithe and Nebula seem pretty concrete. I know it's blue, it just doesn't look that nice in my opinion and takes away from the actual great screens. I guess, like you said, I was wasting my time.
            __________________



            Demo Beta out Now!

              #485    
            Old March 5th, 2010 (3:03 PM).
            Turquoise's Avatar
            Turquoise Turquoise is offline
               
              Join Date: Dec 2009
              Location: Florida
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Careful
              Posts: 23
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
              He actually evolves from Primeape, we are still not sure how it does, but it will be by holding a item or something else. Yes, this fakemon, as I said ( I think) was the first sprite to be revamped =].
              Maybe you can have a new form of evolution.
              A Pokemon consumes a food then level up one level after.
              There could be three foods that promote evolution.
              Savage Herb
              An exotic herb only found in the deepest parts of jungles. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.

              Oracle Spice
              A rare spice only known to be made by a select few people, the spice is made with Enigma berries. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.

              Yum Yum Goo
              This yellow light goo comes from rocks near rivers that are on top of mountains. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.
              __________________

              Friends are precious and so is life.
              Don't forget your family and pets and always give yours thanks to God.
              Tyler says:
              hope for the best, prepare for the worst
                #486    
              Old March 6th, 2010 (2:39 PM).
              ~JV~'s Avatar
              ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
              Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2007
                Location: Rio de Janeiro
                Age: 23
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 715
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
                I thought it would be ok to cc on your current game. The title screen is good, in your opinion. I judged the fakemon by which I wouldn't notice weren't realy in a normal game, Ancanthithe and Nebula seem pretty concrete. I know it's blue, it just doesn't look that nice in my opinion and takes away from the actual great screens. I guess, like you said, I was wasting my time.
                No, it's good on most people opinion, I only got positive feedback from it so far. Also, your concept of concrete seems distorted to me, I won't comment about these games but that is my opinion. Yes you were =].

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
                Maybe you can have a new form of evolution.
                A Pokemon consumes a food then level up one level after.
                There could be three foods that promote evolution.
                Savage Herb
                An exotic herb only found in the deepest parts of jungles. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.

                Oracle Spice
                A rare spice only known to be made by a select few people, the spice is made with Enigma berries. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.

                Yum Yum Goo
                This yellow light goo comes from rocks near rivers that are on top of mountains. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.
                Those sounds like good names, I just don't know if they will fit the pokémon, but I'll try to!

                Also, I and Zeph decided to create a Twitter account for Uranium! Look there for exclusive screenshots, gameplay tips, and bonus info.

                http://twitter.com/PokemonUranium

                I'll soon be posting there and here the first screens of said revamp, I'm sure you will all like it!
                __________________
                  #487    
                Old March 11th, 2010 (6:25 PM).
                assasinn's Avatar
                assasinn assasinn is offline
                Pokemon MAULER
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2010
                  Location: Pakistan, Ohio
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Docile
                  Posts: 106
                  I'd just downloaded the game, and was wondering... when Eletux evolved
                  __________________
                  For some reason I have a habit of visiting the RP discussions...
                  Well anyways, PLEASE READ THIS! You or someone you know has probably had this problem of Infinite Zubat Syndrome. IZS is mostly encountered at caves at nights. IZS is a much bigger problem for those who cannot afford repels. Symptoms include rage, super rage, diarrhea, and random FFUUUUUUs. If you care then please help spread awareness of this plague
                    #488    
                  Old March 24th, 2010 (8:40 AM).
                  anggidwitama anggidwitama is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 1
                    hey.. I've just downloaded Pokemon Uranium.. and it works good.. but you know, I need help with the Evolution Guide.. Could you make one? I think it's gonna be useful to the others too..
                      #489    
                    Old March 31st, 2010 (10:15 AM).
                    Splash's Avatar
                    Splash Splash is offline
                    But nothing happened.
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2009
                      Location: Just use an Old Rod
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hasty
                      Posts: 683
                      Tis Awesome this will be in my hitlist...:D
                      __________________
                      ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE Splash ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
                      |VM|Flare Red Version|PM
                      |
                        #490    
                      Old March 31st, 2010 (1:12 PM).
                      Glitchfinder's Avatar
                      Glitchfinder Glitchfinder is offline
                      Let's all get along, please?
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2006
                      Location: The Twilight Zone
                      Age: 27
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Careful
                      Posts: 477
                      This game is one of mixed impressions. It looks like a lot of hard work has gone into it, and it would appear that much of that work has paid off. The custom tiles go well with the tilesets you used, the custom menus, trainer card, and maps all look excellent, and the game looks good.

                      My only real quibble is with the new Pokemon. They look like a combination of mixed sprites and custom additions, and they don't look as good as I feel they could. This is not meant as an insult, instead, it is merely meant to say that I think you could do better, if you continued learning how to sprite, and reworked them.

                      Overall, this thread has impressed me. It was put together in a professional manner, and it makes me want to try the game. Good work, and I hope you can turn out a finished product that is as fun as the thread makes it look.
                      __________________

                      Glitchfinder's Scripts









                      Closed Thread

                      Quick Reply

                      Join the conversation!

                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                      Sponsored Links
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:06 PM.