• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Guy

just a guy
Years

The HG/SS Help Thread

As the games have been released in the US and other countries as well, it has been decided that a new help thread for all questions and given answers be made. If for any reason it may be, you can visit the old HG/SS Help Thread here → Click me and you will see.

Just a brief set of rules have been applied, and we wish for all to follow them, please.

Simple Rules - Please Read

→ Look at the FAQ and Known Information first before asking any questions.

→ This thread is for questions & answers only. Having a thank you post is not necessary and will probably end up being deleted. It basically clutters the thread, and isn't needed. If you do wish to say thank you, then do it in the same post as your question.

→ Any in-game team help questions are not allowed here. Instead, use the In-game Team Help Sub-forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corazón

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
How do you battle Misty? After I beat Sabrina I went to Cerluen City and went in the gym but couldn't find her, I tried going to Bill's house too.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Does anyone know a good trick to the Voltorb Flip. I'm pretty bad at this..

Just use simple math, if the row's sum of voltorbs and numbers equals five, then do not open that one, er... use subtraction, and it's pretty much basic math. You'll get the hang of it, I reached level 6.

Anyway, what is the max health of a level 45 Lugia? I need to know to calculate how can I catch one. (I am NOT using the Master Ball, mind you)

Bad idea, how can I grind a traded lv. 29 Pikachu into level 50 FAST? It's holding an EXP Share, so I can just use Typhlosion as well for grinding.

Years
What of the "high speed + Endeavor" thing? I have used this method over the years. Having 'bird' over Lv50 has helped. Swellow, Staraptor, Dodrio...

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
Years
After the 8th gym is there an E4 or do I need to beat Kanto and then get on to the E4?

Corazón

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
Scratch that Gym question, I got another one.

How do you get to Pewter and Viridian City? As well as Cinnibar island?

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2012
does anyone know if you can RNG to get a shiny in hgss? I'm interested in doing so since I heard it's not a hack and it looks doable O.o but I think there's only a dp version? Does it work the same way as the diamond/pearl because hgss doesn't have the apps. Thanks in advance.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
How can I grind a traded lv. 34 Pikachu into level 50 FAST? It's holding an EXP Share, so I can just use Typhlosion as well for grinding.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Ice Path doesn't exactly give you lots of EXP. I'm sticking with Whirl Islands for now.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
How do i get past snorlax?

I quoted below for the sake of not typing lol

Originally Posted by Corazón
How do you wake up the snorlax?

Originally Posted by Yusshin

Use the PokeFlute on the radio, I believe. Get really close and turn on that radio station.
or.. for easier sake... Once you return the Machine Part (Not sure of the English Game name) You go to Lavender Town's radio station and upgrade your radio. After, go to the Snorlax and tune your Pokegear to the very top center to play the Pokegear station. Talk to it and it will wake up and fight you. If you kill it, don't worry! After you beat the E4, you can face it again, until you catch it.

Corazón

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
Are we able to catch Ho-Oh in SoulSilver? I had a couple of people tell me that we could.

Back