• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years

Is it just me but does this just seem overdone now, the first few games it was cool now it seems everyone needs it, I'm thinking of removing this feature from my game...

Last edited:
Years
Fogs go well only with certain graphics, some graphics the fogs look absolutely horrible with. Personally I think the clouds in the first screenshot in my sig go well with the chosen tiles, and the same with the second. Btw, I might remove that link and let VEGET figure it out himself.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
Scipts

I was wondering if someone could help me to adapt some scripts to Poccil's starter kit, since they wont work. Credit will be given and a thread will becreated to post the new scripts. If you are willing to help, Pm me so i can send you the scripts:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Earlier on ,about a month or two ago, I stated a prolem abou tiling. there are at least three things i wanna know now.One is does anyone know how to align these tiles correctly?Two is does anyone know where the indoor/rest of the tiles are at for DPPt. 3 is does anyone know where I can find HGSS tiles?

Eario

Skip it..
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Some1 might have already written this question, but do any1 know how to change tile animations for fire red or ruby?(in A-map) I would really need this help!

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
Earlier on ,about a month or two ago, I stated a prolem abou tiling. there are at least three things i wanna know now.One is does anyone know how to align these tiles correctly?Two is does anyone know where the indoor/rest of the tiles are at for DPPt. 3 is does anyone know where I can find HGSS tiles?

Ok Karel, first of all you gotta resize your tiles by 200% (do it twice as big) in paint, and then grab each square that is 32x32 or building (make sure its dimensions are multiples of 32 ;) ) and put it in a grid like the one bellow. As for indoor tiles, Im sure 4th Gen Matt has them, or just go to http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=210319
There are some HGss looking tiles at the Pixel art forum, so you might want to go there and thake a look :shocked:

Last edited:
Years
I was wondering if someone could help me to adapt some scripts to Poccil's starter kit, since they wont work. Credit will be given and a thread will becreated to post the new scripts. If you are willing to help, Pm me so i can send you the scripts:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure light effects is already included with Essentials.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
So, I was thinking about how the character always has a shadow beneath him, and I was wondering if anyone had just the shadow circle for characters. I was thinking about seeing if I could make a common event that would set the shadow graphic below the character as long as the character isn't on a specific terrain tag, the location of the shadow being set from variables containing the player's current x and y location. Of course, this is all theoretically speaking, and a small amount of scripting would probably have to take place to set the shadow priority beneath the player.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Colbex, I was considering doing something similar for quite some time. In the end, I decided it was just easier to add the shadows manually to the charsets themselves (this can be done in minutes if you use a Photoshop Batch). It's not perfect, and you'll have to sort out a solution for when the player jumps a ledge, but its by far the easiest method.

Years
Well, I seem to have a rather disturbing problem...The Day and Night system of the Starter kit does not work with the maps i make but it works on the test map present in the starter kit...Is there any kinda switch to trigger this or something?

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
Well, I seem to have a rather disturbing problem...The Day and Night system of the Starter kit does not work with the maps i make but it works on the test map present in the starter kit...Is there any kinda switch to trigger this or something?

Ok, go to the editor, then go to Metadata, select your map and turn the outdoor setting true

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
Are you looking for an achievement system? Because I have one.
We are looking for that script compatible with Poccil's Starter kit , and I also provided one that could only be used on normal RPG games, but couldnt be used on Poccil's kit:disappoin. BTW I found out how to use the light effects:D
Spoiler:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
We are looking for that script compatible with Poccil's Starter kit , and I also provided one that could only be used on normal RPG games, but couldnt be used on Poccil's kit:disappoin. BTW I found out how to use the light effects:D
It depends entirely on what you want your achievement system to do. You can either go down the route your script suggests (giving bonus items, presumably after a difficult side quest), go for the typical system used by the consoles (i.e. get an achievement notification but nothing else out of it, e.g. catch 10 Pokémon, beat Elite Four, capture legendary X, etc.), or do something else entirely.

The first option (bonus items) is easy. Create an array (say, $Trainer.achievements) of length X, and set all entries to false at the beginning of the game. This array corresponds to a list of bonus items (e.g. Master Ball, Amulet Coin, etc.). When you gain a particular item, set that item's entry to true. You can then create a new screen somewhere (PokéGear?) that displays a list of all possible bonus items, using that array as a reference for what has already been done.

For the console-like achievements system, do the same thing. The difference is you'll need to put lots of checks in lots of places to decide whether you've done something, rather than just have the Master Ball-giving event also change the array element. For example, make a check at the end of each battle that will set the "100 Pokémon seen"/"Caught Mewtwo" achievement to true if you have done. Put a line of code in the Rock Smash script to add 1 to a game variable, and then set the "50 smashed rocks" achievement to true if so. That kind of thing.

As I said, it depends entirely on what you want your achievements to be. As I've pointed out, though, there's no real need to have a huge section of code for this, when a single array would do just as well (plus a few lines dotted around elsewhere in the scripts, if you want).

You could even make a thread asking for suggestions for achievements. That'd be fun.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
Maruno, to be sincere, i have no idea of how to do that :\. I want it to be just like the console like system, as you said, but I have no idea of how to do it. I just thought it would be a good idea to have achievements in our games, but now it seems a little bit complicated:disappoin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back