• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Can you get pokemon through an e-reader

E. Master

Ho-oh Master
Years
Can you get pokemon through an e-reader? Because I have an e-reader and when I attach the GBA trading cable to my Ruby version and I swipe the card nothing happens, how can I get the old pokemon?

PKMN Trainer Brendan

Now know as miroku
Years
You Cant Get The Old Pokemon Thru An E-Reader Unless Its Like The EON Ticket Or The Wish Tag And You Can Get The Old Pokemon Thru Pokemon Colliseum, FR/LG/WB, Or By A Cheating Device.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
no that will never happen... because in the past PC have a very technical talk about this and we analyzed the living daylight out of E-Card. The conclusion is that the E-Card have no way to alter the original data of the game. It can certainly do something about what is inside the game already, but cannot alter the original data (for stuff like adding completely new pokemon)

however that is quite awhile ago... perhaps the technology of E-Card has improved already, but i'll say that that is not likely to happen.

StarLightUmbreon

Moonlight Traveler
Years
Well i can see how that posssibale. Though i know you can get all the old Pokemon with Action Replay and Game shark. The data for the pokemon are there.
I can see that they would not put pokemon in E-reader cards.

Mightyena37

Effort Master Trainer
Years
No, you cannot get new Pokemon directly through the e-Reader. In the sense of getting new TYPES (species) of Pokemon, that's just impossible. As for getting another Pokemon in your party/PC that again is probably not possible, though it's not as much an impossibility as the other. It's highly unlikely though that you'll ever be able to GET Pokemon through an e-Reader card (though there is an interesting idea of making an e-Reader program that allows you to custom create any Pokemon, then fake out the cable link trade system and allow you to 'trade' a trashy Pokemon for a 'custom-built' one... And I'd pay for that, but who would MAKE it?!)

No, chances are that they will enable you to get a new Pokemon through the e-Reader using hidden items and events. Much like the EON TICKET and Southern Island. My guess is that the Jirachi event will be based on the WISH TAG, and some event that will become enabled when you get it. Since the Wish Tag is not yet used in the game, and since those little pieces of paper hanging off of Jirachi are called "Wish Tags" according to the Pokemon USA website... Hmmm, doesn't take much math to sum up that total.

Not sure exactly how the event will play out, but my guess is that once you get the Wish Tag through the e-Reader, you'll be able to hunt Jirachi either at random in the wild, or in a certain location on the map. There are also a lot of unused locations in the ROM of the game, and the Wish Tag may activate one of those until now unused locations. Guess we'll find out in a couple weeks, eh?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
There is no Wish Tag in Ruby or Sapphire.

Pok?mon can be sent over via Mystery Event. It's been proven there is a message and engine for "*Pok?mon has been sent over!*

E. Master

Ho-oh Master
Years
My cousin Lenny911 and I went to Cards & Comics and I loand him $25.00 and he spent all $75.00 on stupid pokedex cards! And the stupid Mew did not work on the e-reader!! $75.OO dollers in the trash!!! X_X that's what happend to him after I found out they didn't work. And they had stupid li'l mini games on them, well the dacing clafeiry game was sort of cool, but the ex gardivor that my sister spent opening 100's of pack did not work at all, well I can look on the sunny side I'll get 100's of $ off of ebay!! $_$ that's goning to be me!!

SuperSonic

Worlds Fastes Man
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 27, 2005
Well isn't there a question mark pokemon?, which reserves a spot for pokemon to be scanned in. It even has flavor text. It says something like there is not much known about this pokemon. But does this mean that if you scanned a new pokemon would you only be able to have one? like the enigma berries? I sure hope not. Wouldn't an e-reader set with new pokemon be awesome?

Back