• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Max Revive: FF&W Revitalization Project

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Sweet. Tons of activity while I'm gone.

Seriously now, we will need to keep it on track while still making it "interesting"... Perhaps there could be some nice, fiction-y explanation of the concept and then out a cute little to-the-point "lesson summary" afterward? That way we can have our cool methods of teaching, but we can also make it so that people actually understand the lessons.

Yeah, I think this might be a good idea. While it'd be hilarious-awesome to do and definitely something people will actually want to read through just because it'd be so off-the-wall, we'll need to remember that the whole point of the rules thread is to drive home the rules. We could do the prose part and then, at the end, just put whatever we tried to say in spoiler tags.

Also, we could try to cover one concept/section of the rules per installment. For example, the chapter in which Astinus rolls out of bed and skips off to get her starter could also be laced with bits about the introduction to the rules and the very basic rules everyone just needs to follow. ("You can only get this license if you've read and understood all of PC Region's rules first." "Why do I need to know the rules of a completely separate region?" "You just do. Shut up, kid.")

Though I gotta admit, I don't think that my tangent-ridden brain is the best nominee for this. Sorry. D: However, I can spew up ideas, so whoever is tagged with that job can holler to me for it. Just saying.

I was actually thinking we could use your penchant for making lulzy legendaries here. XD

I also had a vague concept of a evil arch-overlord writer, something akin to Drosselmeyer from Princess Tutu, if anyone's seen that.

...This just planted the image of Astinus cosplaying Ahiru in my head.

Which is to say, YES, WE SHOULD DO THIS.

Pfft, I'm just suggesting ideas, a round-robin works too. These are your stickies after all.

XD Oh, I'm just the person who smacks people over the head.

As for the round robin, I was thinking it'd help things out. We could plan out a basic plot that we should follow and have everyone write out bits that cover the rules we want to throw in. Then, someone assembles the stories and proofreads/edits, and it gets slapped up on the main forum as a sticky. That way, we don't overwork a single person and can get the most important part of the forums done in less than a year, with full feedback from its team of writers. Thus, it'll probably need to be in a separate thread once we get started so we can decide on what to put in, how to work out the story, and what the plot actually is.

What do you guys think?

I think if we have a sort of "playground" thread for everyone to goof off in - entirely separate from the nice, writing-oriented new FFL - then we may be able to keep the "Community" part of "PokéCommunity". Of course, if newbies start getting intimidated, we can always mow it down again. Just a note.

Not to sound bitter, but would this be a good thing or a bad thing for a forum of writers? I mean, part of the reason why people were facepalming with how the FFL was going was because people kept forgetting that they were in the writing subforum and just talked about whatever they wanted (even if some of them had PC blogs, and the rest of us didn't really care about their off-topic notes). This, of course, led to the clique atmosphere because it was suddenly "OMG FAMILY" and "OMG INSIDE JOKES" and "OMG BOLD TOPIC I'M NOT GOING TO DISCUSS ANYONE ELSE'S ANSWERS UNLESS I'M ARGUING" with only the select regulars and not, "Oh hey, this is the casual, laid-back space where writers can exchange writing-related stuff 'cause this is a writing-based community and all."

That and we could easily just link to the DCC or get a usergroup going if we want an off-topic area where kids who frequent this forum can talk about absolutely anything they want (be it writing or otherwise). In fact, that's one thing I actually forgot about: the fact that it was proposed by me that we just migrate the insanity parts to a usergroup if we really wanted to keep it so that FF&W wouldn't feel like it was excluding anyone by having this massive thread full of off-topic inside jokes. Would you guys like this to happen? If so, who would like to start it up? (Keep in mind that we could always link to it somewhere, so it's not like it'll be this obscure corner of PC.)

Only that the community is just fine, but if we don't set some boundaries it won't be all that awesome for much longer.

Admittedly, yes. The community's improving now that there's more dialogue happening between writers and readers, and yeah, this is why we've got to kick ourselves into gear: to keep it at this point or, if possible, move it forward.

THIS.

This is beautiful.

*bows*

In other news, let me get this straight - are txt and I the entirety of the Emblem department, or have we picked up more people? Honestly, I think it's a one-man job, but... :/

Honestly, I got confused by that last page. As far as I could tell, this was what happened: txt volunteered to draw something for it, you volunteered to do the emblems (using his art?), Buoysel volunteered for a single emblem, and...

Screw this BS. You get all of them. Just as long as they get done. =|

(That entire period's going to be hilarious in hindsight. I can sense it.)

We definitely need to make sure newbies know to say not only good things about a story, but bad things. "I like it! Update soon!", is not useful other than being a very mild ego boost. Actually critiquing a story is helpful, even if it's small things like, "Good story, but your grammar could really use some work!"

Amen to this. You can be sure it'll be added to the reviewing guide.

Get a Completed Stories section. Seriously, I feel sorry for all those Oneshots that stay on the first page for a day or two and then disappear forever. We need a place to keep them all so readers don't have to dig for hours to find a completed story. Maybe we can turn the Revision Bin into this since that section isn't really used?

Interesting idea, especially since Asty's been planning to do that with the Revision Bin since forever.

Asty, what'll you'll need to have happen for that Revision Bin to be converted? Alternatively, we've got the Fanfiction Archive. Would it be a good idea to get rid of the Revision Bin altogether and simply move one-shots to the Archive after a month of inactivity? (What would we do with past FFOTMs? Allow people to comment on them from then on out? Lock them and throw up an index of where people can find them so they won't be completely drowned by one-shots? Or would it be better to just convert the Revision Bin after all?)

Someone poke Asty in here.

Well, I think they need to be taught that mindless fangirling is okay, provided it comes with a good few reasons why they are mindlessly fangirling.

Also agreed here. Short, positive reviews (the kind that point out something specific about the story/what someone liked about it specifically) are definitely okay, but we definitely have to teach kids that it's not cool to just leave it at "lololo ur a good writer plz write more!!1" ...Which seems to be happening a lot lately.

I don't think a test should be linked to IMO, but maybe a mention of such things if need be?

Sure. That works.

Also, XD to the note about Google. Also very true.

Not that we need it per-say (and IMO it may only be worthwhile after some more work is done first), but seeing using sppf ideas that work here is cool maybe a reviewers thread (as in, people post profiles to be a reviewer people can ask for reviews from after they are approved, etc? Kinda like the beta thread though and tbh this would be low importance-wise). *throwing around ideas*

This would be an interesting idea, especially since some people like to complain that no one's reviewing their work. On the other hand, would it be too much like the beta thread? I know it was brought up in the FFL before, and someone had that concern.

I think I'll manage,

Sweet. I'll clarify that on the jobs list, then.

• 1st post to tell people to post any ideas they may have
  • Allow people to discuss ideas in any amount of detail (but the more the better)
  • Maybe a short guide of things to consider with story ideas? E.g. how likely is such an idea to occur in the fic itself, how long will it be, etc? Hmm...
  • No flaming, spam etc. =p

All of this sounds like a good idea, especially that third one. It could be included in a second post to separate the concept of the thread from what might be a longer train of thought.

What would go into that guide, though? Maybe a list and short explanations of commonly used genres? A list of suggestions for how to find inspiration and cook it into a potential plot (since that's also a popular question 'round these parts)?

Also, I read your answers to the other questions. They pretty much made sense to me, and for the reviewing guide especially, I'll add them in.

Meanwhile...

I recall a pop-up window appears for people when they get a PM - maybe something similar for first-timers to the forum? Hard to ignore that... hmm. *shrugs*

Very true. Would it be obnoxious, and do normal mods have the power to do this?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Very very very short unnecessary post because I'm really kind of tired.

Asty, what'll you'll need to have happen for that Revision Bin to be converted?
emot-effort.gif

Me showing actual effort.

Oh, and also what you people want done to those sections. I mean, we have the Fanfiction Archive and the Revision Bin currently. One of those is turning into the Completed Fics Archive. Discuss amongst yourselves how the section is going to work, and I can make magic happen.

I swore that there was something else I needed to talk about, but I'm just not seeing it. If there are things that you need me to discuss, seriously shoot me a VM and be all like "Hey, lazy. Get in here."

This just planted the image of Astinus cosplaying Ahiru in my head.

Which is to say, YES, WE SHOULD DO THIS.
V
emot-j.gif
V
I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

OKAY I'M DONE WITH THE EMOTICONS.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I was actually thinking we could use your penchant for making lulzy legendaries here. XD

Oh yeah. You got me there.

you volunteered to do the emblems (using his art?),
I said that if txt needed assistance on the emblems I would have volunteered to help. Of course I'd be happy to do it on Team Emblem, but like I said before, it's really a one-man operation...

Screw this BS. You get all of them. Just as long as they get done. =|
Okay! =D

Maybe a list and short explanations of commonly used genres? A list of suggestions for how to find inspiration and cook it into a potential plot (since that's also a popular question 'round these parts)?
One word: canon.

I could probably handle some of that section.

I recall a pop-up window appears for people when they get a PM - maybe something similar for first-timers to the forum? Hard to ignore that... hmm. *shrugs*
Well, technically you can turn it on and off... /shot But how exactly would that help? I'm not following here.

Discuss amongst yourselves how the section is going to work, and I can make magic happen.
Here's how I see it: When a story is finished, the user contacts Asty (or whichever other person has modly powers) to request that it is moved. Everyone who doesn't request will simply have their fic drown in the new fics that appear - I'm thinking this should be pointed out in the PokéCom Region Handbook (ad lib names FTW!) after Astinus finishes the theoretical story. They will all be stickied to prevent cropping (if that even happens here...) and left open for users to leave comments on.

Last edited:

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Very true. Would it be obnoxious, and do normal mods have the power to do this?
(Sorry, I misread your guys' post beforehand so I'm going on the assumption that we message the newbies instead of just Astinus).

I actually think this would be an awesome idea. I mean, newbies can be pretty shy and they'd definitely listen to a personal PM. Not only does this get the stickies to the newbie's attention, but it'd also open up a line of communication between them and a friendly veteran. I'm not sure if I imagined this or not, but I think I remember brief talks that went on in the FFL about a veteran adopting a newbie and mentoring them…? Well, that's what the veteran could do and could guide the newbie to Writer's Lounge, making sure they get acquainted with people. Either way, I think this would solve our stickies problem.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I said that if txt needed assistance on the emblems I would have volunteered to help. Of course I'd be happy to do it on Team Emblem, but like I said before, it's really a one-man operation...

I quite agree, especially since they're only 100 x 100. Since you seem to be popping up more often (and because I've seen your work)... yeah, I figure you'll be able to get it done.

One word: canon.

Also very true. XD

I could probably handle some of that section.

Awesome. bnb, what do you think? Since it's your thread, you'll probably have a better handle on what needs to go into the guide part of it.

But how exactly would that help? I'm not following here.

I think his logic is that if it's this big notification that's really obnoxious and on every page of the forums, people are more likely to look at it, even as they rush to get it off their screen.

Here's how I see it: When a story is finished, the user contacts Asty (or whichever other person has modly powers) to request that it is moved.

Curiosity speaking, but are we talking about every story or just one-shots? For every story, this actually seems like a good idea. For one-shots, what would keep someone from just considering it to be a finished story and posting it to the archive?

Otherwise, I like it, so I've got nothing else to add there.

I actually think this would be an awesome idea. I mean, newbies can be pretty shy and they'd definitely listen to a personal PM.

You've got a good point. However, wasn't there an issue that was brought up (but possibly not fully discussed) when the big sib/vet-little sib/newbie system was mentioned in the FFL? (Or was it just laziness/the issue of trying to decide who would qualify as being a suitable tour guide to the newblets?)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
More awake now, so...

Would it be obnoxious, and do normal mods have the power to do this?
Yes, and no.

Yes to the obnoxious. Imagine you're someone brand-spanking new to the forum, and you come to this section. (Why? Who wouldn't? :V) You click on the link and then like a baseball bat to the face is some really annoying pop-up telling you to read the rules...when all you wanted to do was figure out what's going on.

Or if you miss-clicked.

Besides, what would that say about our section when we're the only ones on the forum that has a pop-up like that?

people are more likely to look at it, even as they rush to get it off their screen.
Or they say "Eff this!" and click the ignore button as fast as they can without looking to see what it's all about, Alfie.

Personally (and I'm applying what happens at my work), I would go with a more personal one-on-one (or small group) approach to going over the rules and pointing out the stickies. Take the new person aside, go over things with them, answering any questions and whatnot. But that's more like the mentoring program that went off as well as a luftballoon.

Thing is, I don't know how that'll work out. Do the new writers ask for help like that? Is there going to be a group of people strolling around, tackling all new members to this? Idk and Idc, but I'm saying no to the pop-up.

For those reasons and because a moderator can't do that.

As for this:

1. What sorts of things do you want to see in the review guide? What are the basic issues that need to be covered?
An explanation as to what "constructive" means, and then letting people know that they don't have to write an essay on the chapter in order to review. Like, letting people know what we're looking for when we say "be constructive."

And of course the bit about how authors shouldn't insult their reviews would be grand. It's a-okay to disagree with a review, but don't be a drama queen who wanks to your own giant ego about it.

(Or was it just laziness/the issue of trying to decide who would qualify as being a suitable tour guide to the newblets?)
DINGDINGDING! goes the trolley!

That, and maybe my statement of "this would be the last place I would go for writing help" holds true?

I mean, how would we judge who's the best for guiding the future hope of this section? Credentials that actually don't mean anything? (If that's the case, then the moderator's automatically out.) Everyone gathers in a fenced-in pen and I just randomly fire a gun at everyone, and whoever is left standing is it?

emot-iiam.gif

(or whichever other person has modly powers)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm amused now.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Since you seem to be popping up more often (and because I've seen your work)... yeah, I figure you'll be able to get it done.
Well, I've pestered txt via VM and asked about it, so... not much we can do on that count. |D

For one-shots, what would keep someone from just considering it to be a finished story and posting it to the archive?
I believe that a certain level of user is able to restrict other users from being able to post in a certain forum/subforum. Perhaps that could go into effect here.

=D

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I am now convinced that time is conspiring against me. Thank God I'm a semi-speed-reader. Anyway, I've noticed that you guys, well a portion of you anyway, have been practically awesome while I've been jumping in and lurking in between work (what kind of work is up to your imagination.). This makes me slightly guilty since I did play a part in suggestions, but have failed to come up with anything concrete as of now. Even though I do read fast, it took a while to understand that wall-o-text (which was very informative btw) from the last page and now I'm ready to make my input to the revival project.

First off:
Jax said:
2. Review-a-Review Thread
Thread Creation: Mizan (No deadline until the review guide pops up.)

Once the review guide goes up, Mizan, you're doing this. Start writing the first post.
I'm re-checking on what you're asking of me since I don't like doing things without planning ahead…
I'm going to assume that this is the thread where we post our reviews and ask for feedback on how we've done... Then, I'm guessing the general idea is for me to also get those review exercises and answer keys done...

It's up till there with what I'm planning on doing with that thread so I'm adding a few suggestions of my own to this particular idea. Aside from me doing the review exercises, we can also ask FFL veterans to submit their own badfics and answer keys since we're going to need a varied list of mistakes (and I can't showcase every single common mistake someone might do in my badfic since I'm far from perfect.) which we can then use for analysis and subsequently be used by anyone who wants to try their hand at reviewing before being sent out into the field. Also, I'm thinking of another mentor system in which we have dedicated members who actually respond to someone asking on how they review. Something like the beta-thread, but these members will be listed in the Reviewer's Academy(coming up with a better name if there's no objections) as official mentors. As OMs it is mandatory for them to review another member's review(that has been requested for reviewing) unless someone hasn't already done it. This way, we can avoid unanswered requests and if we have enough mentors that are active, we won't have any pending requests like in the beta-thread(no offense bnb). Of course, mentors are allowed to post their own reviews and ask for comments and regular members can also jump in the thread to offer their own comments. OMs may also be VM'd if they've been inactive for too long to avoid members claiming status without actually doing any work. Since I also want to avoid being too strict, OM's must at least review 5 reviews a month so we can get perpetual activity.

The only flaw I see here, unless someone's willing to point something out since I'm sure it isn't 100% perfect, is that newbies might not post their reviews in the academy. How mentorship is gained is up for debate.

Main Points

• Other members, besides me, submit their own badfics and answer keys which I'll display in the first post in case anyone wants to try them out.
  • Mentor System with Official Mentors(kind of like the beta-thread, but for reviewing reviews).
  • OMs must review reviews unless it hasn't been done and must meet a 'five reviews of a review per month' quota.
  • OMs that fail to do this will lose their OM status.
  • OMs may be VM'd requests to review a review.

7. Review Announcement Thread
System Creation: Mizan

Mizan gave himself this job, but don't let me see it until the other reviewing guides are up for obvious reasons.
Basically, I'm gonna follow claim thread format with a few deviations. This includes reserving posts in case I need to extend the list.

As stated back in the FFL, members post in the thread to tell me that they've done review so-and-so with a link to the review. Every week or month, I'll check the review links posted to make sure they meet the necessary criteria(refer below) and then I'll update the wall of reviewer's list at the beginning of the thread to show that member x has done (this much of reviews) this month which makes his review rate from the time of his first review posted in the thread to be [(number of reviews)/(months since first 'recorded in thread 'review)]. Members that manage a 10RpM quota can request the shiny bronze emblem from Asty. If they manage to maintain the quota for a few more months, they get the silver one and so on and so forth. The Reviewer's Emblem(the one for quality reviews) is not requestable since it's up to how Asty perceives their reviews -- if it is quality material.

Also up for discussion is if we need to fulfill a certain criteria for reviews that qualify for
rank emblems. Something specific so that I have something check against when checking the validity of review claims. Possibly a set criteria like, reviews must point out at least five things(either negative or positive) and must be at least five relative lines long or something like that. Because reviews that point out one or two mistakes and are helpful, but short might make the emblems too easy to request for and might make the rank emblems cheap. Then they kind of lose their prestige like the 'New Year's emblem (which is not really anything to be proud off).

8. Rules Revamp
Plot/Writing/Whatever: ALL OF US.(?) And it's going to be effing sweet.

As proposed by Azurne, one way we're going to get people to read the rules thread is by turning it into the most epic story ever. Planning committee will be assembled once we get a few questions out of the way. The forum will explode with how epic it will be.
I'm going to enjoy this. Also hoping that this doesn't turn out to be like the Christmas Carol Crackfic of Doom because we all know how crappy that went. >_>

If I may interject with a suggestion based on one of your quotes in the FFL.

Jax said:
Also, should we have something special for anyone who writes a guide/submits an idea we actually use in this little revitalization project of ours?
It's not really a prize rather an honorable mention, but I was thinking that maybe we might just sneak in the relevant threads somewhere in "Astinus' Adventure in PCLand" Something like, "If you want to improve your skills, head over to Dagzar's resource thread or maybe if you'd rather be a teacher, head on to bobandbill's Beta thread." Of course, the general script can be improved, but I'm just stating suggestions here. ^^

2. What improvements to the rules and the FFL do you think there should be?
We should all get cookiesWe could allow for FFL-type interaction to a certain limit, but this leads to cliquey and elitist behavior so I'm opting for the FFL to have certain posting guidelines so we don't go randomly go off-topic. Also, we might have bold-topics, but we really need to stop being so uptight about answering them and generally focus on member to member interaction based on bold-topics, but without delving into over-randomness. Admittedly, this needs a massive overhaul in mentality, but so does regular reviewing...

3. The ever-present question of how we can get people to actually read stickies.
An announcement thing at the top of the forum like Chibi-chan does in OC. I don't think anyone reads it, but it's worth a shot.

4. What other ideas do you have to increase the quality of the community here at FF&W?
I'm toying with the possibility that we allow completed fics in the Completed Fics section to remained unlocked indefinitely if requested by the author. I mean, some people(including myself) have oneshots that have passed the one-month revival rule, but we'd still enjoy it if people commented on the fics.

Sorry if I missed anything relevant...

Bay

Years
*brings activity back here*

Urgh, would have posted eariler, but was sick. >.> For now I'm only going to bring up a couple things I want to give my feedback on:

As for the round robin, I was thinking it'd help things out. We could plan out a basic plot that we should follow and have everyone write out bits that cover the rules we want to throw in. Then, someone assembles the stories and proofreads/edits, and it gets slapped up on the main forum as a sticky. That way, we don't overwork a single person and can get the most important part of the forums done in less than a year, with full feedback from its team of writers. Thus, it'll probably need to be in a separate thread once we get started so we can decide on what to put in, how to work out the story, and what the plot actually is.

What do you guys think?
Hm, only problem is it might end up like the Christmas Carol Cracky Fic thing that Mizan mentioned. Someone might just put something really random. >.> I do agree though maybe have a separate thread to discuss about how to do this story/rules thing. I think we can maybe have people put in their inputs, then a couple writers write it and proofread it.

Not to sound bitter, but would this be a good thing or a bad thing for a forum of writers? I mean, part of the reason why people were facepalming with how the FFL was going was because people kept forgetting that they were in the writing subforum and just talked about whatever they wanted (even if some of them had PC blogs, and the rest of us didn't really care about their off-topic notes). This, of course, led to the clique atmosphere because it was suddenly "OMG FAMILY" and "OMG INSIDE JOKES" and "OMG BOLD TOPIC I'M NOT GOING TO DISCUSS ANYONE ELSE'S ANSWERS UNLESS I'M ARGUING" with only the select regulars and not, "Oh hey, this is the casual, laid-back space where writers can exchange writing-related stuff 'cause this is a writing-based community and all."

That and we could easily just link to the DCC or get a usergroup going if we want an off-topic area where kids who frequent this forum can talk about absolutely anything they want (be it writing or otherwise). In fact, that's one thing I actually forgot about: the fact that it was proposed by me that we just migrate the insanity parts to a usergroup if we really wanted to keep it so that FF&W wouldn't feel like it was excluding anyone by having this massive thread full of off-topic inside jokes. Would you guys like this to happen? If so, who would like to start it up? (Keep in mind that we could always link to it somewhere, so it's not like it'll be this obscure corner of PC.)
Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of usergroups because I don't look at them too often. ._. I guess we can give it a try though and see if that works. However, I think we're fine when it comes to communicating one another for other things besides writing and in the FFL as we're all able to talk to one another through the DDC, blogs, VM/PMs, other forums, etc.

Main Points

• Other members, besides me, submit their own badfics and answer keys which I'll display in the first post in case anyone wants to try them out.
  • Mentor System with Official Mentors(kind of like the beta-thread, but for reviewing reviews).
  • OMs must review reviews unless it hasn't been done and must meet a 'five reviews of a review per month' quota.
  • OMs that fail to do this will lose their OM status.
  • OMs may be VM'd requests to review a review.

Hm, I don't think we need a mentor program thing for reviewing. Isn't what we're kind of doing anyways with the thread, someone wanting a review to be checked and someone else will give some advice?

As for the emblems thing you mentioned Mizan, we'll talk about that after we get some review guide/critique info straighten out first. >.>

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Bay Alexison said:
Hm, I don't think we need a mentor program thing for reviewing. Isn't what we're kind of doing anyways with the thread, someone wanting a review to be checked and someone else will give some advice?
It was just a suggestion because we really don't want it to fall into inactivity.

As for the emblems thing you mentioned Mizan, we'll talk about that after we get some review guide/critique info straighten out first. >.>
Yeah that was the general idea. I'm just clarifying it with the rest of you guys so I don't make a mistake when I get around to posting it...

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
Is there any way I can help? I will offer my services if I may. I mean, I'm no spectacular writer but maybe I can help someone else on the section they are working on?

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Well...this is somewhat awkward. Reading back, I see that Giratina took on the emblem-making responsibilities, but I sorta kinda made one just now and it's sex in the form of an icon the only one we have so far. Should I continue on or leave things up to you, Giratina? Just VM me when you get a chance.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Quickie post, but:

1. KajiVenator: Sure. We could use a lot of help with writing the rules thread. Even just feedback on what we're doing so we can gauge whether or not the point is getting across. You could be like a reviewer if you're not entirely confident with writing.

2. txty: I'm assuming this is for the gold emblem and not just reviewing in general. If so, thanks, and we could use it.

Meanwhile, so long as there aren't any page-long discussions about who's making what emblem (again), I'm leaving the choice about who's doing the rest of the emblem set to you, Giratina.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Speaking of the rules thread, is there like some revamp party going on somewhere that I wasn't invited to? Or did I just forget where it's all going down?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
It's an open endeavor at the moment. I just haven't put up an organization thread for us to sort out the plot and figure out who's writing what. That should be up over the weekend.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I'd say that's the next big thing to get out of the way. Everything else pretty much builds off of the rules, so if we have a solid system in place all of that should be a lot easier/more organized/what-have-you.

Oh, and a recursive "yes" to your earlier question: that's intended to be the gold emblem.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Txt, I said that if you needed assistance on any part of the project I would help. I quite like the Pokéball, though with just one letter and a relatively small "button line" it looks kinda plain. Maybe we could make it a Premier Ball or an Ultra Ball or something?

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
I don't have much to add right now, but I'm asking, can you guys post your resourses links? It's fine if you don't have any, but only two people have given me theirs (one in a PM) and my list is looking rather thin.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hey guys you should all post more. =( And given the views I'm sure even newcomers to the section a peeking in - be friendly and give a suggestion, or even 'I agree with this idea because 'blah blah blah'' - I dare ya. ;P

But have even more of a reason to - I present a beta version of the plot bunny thread (name pending - anyone have a suggestion for something better for starters?) It's in two parts - the opening post and the 2nd post which is a guide to plotting as suggested. I do feel there's stuff that could be added/changed seeing I did finished it off quickly + recently but hey! A start at least!

...I hate it when I have to reformat stuff. -_-

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Well, first off, you'd need to do a grammar check. I saw a couple of typos in there. : P Seriously though, it seems like a good summary; however, I did notice that you used the term 'plot bunny' an awful lot. A plot bunny does not equal a plot idea - a plot bunny, as I have always understood it, is a plot idea that gets you to chase it, leading nowhere. I've slapped together my viewpoints on the term.

yours truly said:
A plot bunny is named such for its similarity to an actual rabbit; it shows up looking cute and cuddly, and if you're not careful you'll end up chasing it around while ignoring everything else, even other stories - and that's just a recipe for disaster. Sometimes they actually do work for you and turn into a good fic, but most of the time they end up distracting you with a shiny new plot idea that never goes anywhere.

"Plot idea" and "plot bunny" are not interchangable terms; are you treating the thread as an idea-sharing thread or an "Okay, I've got this cool idea I can't use, what do I do" thread?

Back