• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, I guess no one's getting shinies right now. That's probably why people aren't posting. I know I'm not getting any shinies because I'm currently at 32,240 encounters for a shiny Numel on Route 112, and I haven't seen one shiny yet! I've also been hunting on my other games, too, bring my total for Ho-oh up to 3001 SRs. I don't know how many encounters for Wooper I have, but I've gotten up to 17 days worth of hunting on it.

So what I'm basically trying to say is: will something please shine? -_-;

The Red Chain

Well since that's the case I guess I'll show you guys what I chained and obtained yesterday. x3;

2010-05-0316-33-23882.jpg

Got it after resetting precisely 13 times after hitting 40 in the chain. 8D
Not a bad nature either so I'm pretty happy~

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Yo. It's been a while.

To the new members, welcome. Have a blast here.
And to the returning ones, welcome back. ^^

Haven't gotten anything new; haven't tried either (SoulSilver, guys. It's addicting). D:
To those that have gotten new Shinies, congratulations. They look awesome. 8D
And to those trying to get one, don't stop, keep going and you'll get it. =D
Anyways, I'm here because I am withdrawing from the Club. I'm leaving PokeCommunity, and am here to bid farewell (funny, just when people began to return and the place had just began to pick too...).
Keep this place alive, everyone. It's one of the longest lasting Clubs, and hopefully it'll continue to be for Generations (game-wise, of course) to come. ^_^
So till we meet again one day...
Later.

10/12​

Years
Welcome, Metagold, and anyone else who may have joined.

Well, I guess no one's getting shinies right now. That's probably why people aren't posting. I know I'm not getting any shinies because I'm currently at 32,240 encounters for a shiny Numel on Route 112, and I haven't seen one shiny yet! I've also been hunting on my other games, too, bring my total for Ho-oh up to 3001 SRs. I don't know how many encounters for Wooper I have, but I've gotten up to 17 days worth of hunting on it.

So what I'm basically trying to say is: will something please shine? -_-;
AHAAHAHA!, I remember when I blew so much time on Route 114 looking for that shiny Seviper :D THOSE were the good times!

I guess as far as activity goes, you have to pick your poison. Sereibii has loads of activity but most of them are n00bs and disgruntled mods attacking the n00bs, and heaven help you if you get caught in the crossfire.

So I've reached Ho-oh in Heart Gold, but I'm a bit unsure how to go about weakening it to capture without a Master Ball. My usual Breloom gets offed like nothing after one of any of Ho-oh's attacks, since they are all super-effective!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
How long did it take you to get that shiny Seviper anyway, MetalMario?

Edit: Wait, never mind. I remember you claimed it through PokeRadaring...so I suppose what I should ask his how long did you spend hunting for it, and did you ever count the encounters?

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
UPDATE: Yay, I resetted until I got a good IV'd Modest Darkrai. Time to go for Shaymin and SR for a Shiny! :D

SUPER UPDATE: Finally got to Shaymin after an arduous time of my pencil sharpener holding the Up button for at least a hour! Time to SR!

--------------------------

*Puts on a pirate hat*
Yarr, me hearties! How be ye in these days that pass? I see 'dis ol' ship 'ere still be goin'! *Throws a coin into the sea* Ahem. Silly RP aside, HEYA! Long time no speak and stuff!
See, I got myself a USB Adapter, so I can *finally* use WiFi! With the assistance of a friend (that didn't mind keeping my brother's Pokémon in storage), I have successfully used the tweaking glitch to get to Darkrai! I'm resetting for a good IV/Natured one, but who knows if a shiny won't appear in the meantime?
After I get either kind of Darkrai, I'm definitely SRing for a Shiny Shaymin. That's going to be fun!

So, to all of you who've been with us for long and for short, have a nice day! I'll be lurking. *Grins*

P.S: The Disco Snake is a lie! *Steals MM's game*

Last edited:
Years
Wats up n00bs.

I guess I should probably start posting here a bit more... hehe...

Since I've been long-gone, I've only gotten a single shiny - Chikorita. It is now a Bayleef on my HeartGold, and I am saved in front of the Dogs - going for a shiny Entei or Raikou right now. Well, actually, that's on hold. I'm only going to be hunting Giratina until it finally shines. And Fufu and I have something in common - 30,000. That's right. We're in the 30,000 club. I'd feel honored if I wasn't so depressed over not having my sparkly Death Dragon thingy by now. Anyways...

So yeah. Just Chikorita. But it's a start. If one of my brothers lets me, I will restart their copy of Heartgold/Soulsilver to SR another shiny starter. Hopefully it appears as fast as Chikorita did (only 300 SRs), but beggars can't be choosers... sad, I know. But hey, if we could chose, Fufu and I would have had our targets long ago. ;D

So that's it for now, good luck/congrats to all, and pea soup.

Years
hmm, I wouldnt mind joining. as for promising to hnt for shinies, ive been doing that since i knew what shinies were. lets see what i remember catching..

2nd Gen

Gyarados (obviously)
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Ledyba
Goldeen (2010/06/16)
Elekid

3rd Gen

Mahuitika
Haryama
Machop X 2
Machoke
Machamp
Torkoal
Golbat
Crobat
Geodude
Zigzagoon/Bidoof (via romhack)

4th Gen

Ponyta
Nosepass

Ill update as i catch. i do it the old fashoined way, and pokeradar, with the masuda method in 4th as well.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
A few months ago, I was looking at shiny sprites of various Pokemon using the SerebiiDex as a resource. Lots of Pokemon caught my eye, and I made some mental notes about which shinies would be some future targets of mine. They were shinies that I thought were nice, but I simply didn't like them enough to hunt for them right away.

Then I got to see Numel's shiny sprite. The stark contrast of light brown body and its vivid blue hump just grabbed my attention in a way that I can't fully express...and it was at this moment that I decided to begin to hunt for a shiny Numel. It appealed to me so much more than the other shinies, and I just had to have one of my own. Something impelled me to hunt for it immediately.

And so I did. I began by random encountering for it on my Sapphire version, killing every Numel I saw in order to level up my Pokemon. After a few weeks of Numel poaching, I had gone through 8200 Numel without seeing a shiny. For some reason I can't seem to remember at the moment, I decided to take a break from Numel at this point.

The break, however, did not last too long. Soon afterward, I was back at hunting Numel. This time I had a new strategy; instead of wasting time dwindling the Numel population and driving them to extinction, I would simply run away from any non-shiny Pokemon. I also decided to double encounter for Numel on both my Ruby and Sapphire to make the hunt go by faster.

This went on for a period of few weeks. The number just kept climbing and climbing, and it made me angry. I felt that it was ironic how I could easily get shinies that I didn't even particularly like, but when I really wanted a shiny, I always had to work my ass off for it. Thoughts of giving up began to creep into my mind. Paranoia of finding a shiny Machop instead of a shiny Numel began to discourage me from hunting as well.

However, I persevered.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I assure, you my fellow shiny hunters, you're not hallucinating! I thought I was hallucinating as well, but no, the stars confirmed it all!!!

After 36,280 encounters, I am the owner of a shiny Numel!!!

And with that...my longest recorded hunt ever is finally complete. I am content, and I have nothing more to say.

Spoiler:

Oh, yeah, I made a video, but I accidentally deleted. It wasn't that great of a video anyway because it's not a live encounter or anything, and the image quality sucked of course, so I'm not really too upset about that.

Years
cool... just realized it was a female numel for May and a male one from Brendan. I once tried to get a numel by at method, and i found a shiny machop instead..

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
I iz SRing mah Shiny Shaymin, real hardkor! /ghetto
Around 660 resets so far and still going, even as I type!

Congratulations on the elusive Numel, Fufu! *Gives you cookie* And nice Shiny collection there, Halo! Hope you can join us. :D

Random question, if MM passes by... I'm SRing for a Shaymin that I got to thanks to the tweaking glitch - it's a legit Shaymin, but I got to it without an event nor any actual cheats - would it still count for the ShinyDex? :P

---

BONUS CONTENT!
After a bit of randomly messing with the previews of the new starters, coupled with Skype madness, here's my prediction...

BlackandWhitestarters.png

BEHOLD! Fire duckling, lightbulb beaver and manrabbitpig samurai!
Oh boy.

---

Update: At about 940 resets, now.

Last edited:

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
What if I breed shinies? Would that qualify me to join or probably not? o.o

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Aye, it sure would. Shiny hunting is any activity that messes with a CHANCE to get a Shiny (breeding, Radar, normal wild encounters, resetting) and the like. In fact, I've tried doing that in the past, opened over 5000 Torchic eggs - no luck. :P

------

Around 1180 resets so far for Shaymin.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2010
I'm currently SRing for a shiny Mudkip in Soul Silver. Luckily I don't need him/her urgently, so I SR for a while each day and then do something else in the game, cause I don't have the patience to just sit for hours trying to get it.

Years
hmm, I wouldnt mind joining. as for promising to hnt for shinies, ive been doing that since i knew what shinies were. lets see what i remember catching
Welcome to the club.

A few months ago,
I was so waiting for the last one to be a shiny Machop :P

Random question, if MM passes by... I'm SRing for a Shaymin that I got to thanks to the tweaking glitch - it's a legit Shaymin, but I got to it without an event nor any actual cheats - would it still count for the ShinyDex? :P
No unsupported hardware is required for tweaking, and the chances are worse than 1/1000, so yes, it will count.

*yawn* I need to track down a Sunkern to use with the FEAR set against Ho-oh. I've been spending the time breeding Riolus and progressing on Soul Silver instead.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
No unsupported hardware is required for tweaking, and the chances are worse than 1/1000, so yes, it will count.

w00t! :D
Small update: Around 1340 resets for Shaymin - I've been going slow because of school work (and shaking my bro's PokéWalker like a maraca with my left hand all day).

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
These pictures are hugeeeeeee

Spoiler:

That's right people, after only a mere 2,354 encounters, shiny Tangela graced my screen on FireRed. Technically, it only took 1177 encounters on FireRed because I was double encountering for it on FireRed and LeafGreen.

I was watching some random videon on YouTube while triple hunting for Tangela on my two games and Ho-oh on HG. Then I glanced down at my screen, like I always do; the Tangela was about halfway finished scrolling across the grass when I recognized that it was shiny. I had planned on putting up the Help Menu so that I could catch the initial shine, but I froze as soon as I was able to tell that it was shiny.

The capture was relatively easy, too; I caught in a Nest Ball. I plan on EVing it and evolving it into a Tangrowth.

Here are some more pictures; they're in spoilers because they're frickin' huge.

Spoiler:

And here is the crappy-quality video for your viewing pleasure. And yes, I am sick, but I hope you will enjoy it.

My next target will be Rayquaza on R/S. I want to see how fast I can get the black dragon...however, I won't stay at it forever. If it doesn't shine by 10,000 soft resets, I'll just move on to random encountering for Spheal.

Good luck, everyone!

Edit2:

Ehh...copy+paste from Serebii? Yesh...

Me said:
Well, folks, my wishes have been answered! After 7,635 soft resets...

Spoiler:

I had just finished up an episode of Case Closed when it appeared. I was able to tell that it was shiny as it was scrolling across the screen, so I shut the DS as quickly as I could. Because it was so late, I did not have immediate access to my family's camera, so I eventually opened the D_S just to see the initial stars myself. I ended up getting the camera and making a video (I even stopped it midway through to take a picture of the ShinyDex and then I continued the video from there. Unfortunately, I messed up somewhere while I was trying to use Windows MovieMaker, and I ended up deleting the video somehow.

But to be honest, I don't care too much. The important thing is that it's shiny and that it's finally mine! I'm so grateful that I got it, too, because now I can finally FINISH playing HeartGold! I can get things like the GB Player; I can explore the newly updated lands of Kanto; heck, I can fight Red once again! After I EV-train my new shiny Ho-oh, I'm going to focus on completing the main storyline in HG before June 1st; that way I can really focus on getting Wooper for the Johto Tour.

Here are some more pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Spoiler:

Boy am I satisfied with this shiny. :D Good luck to everyone else, and I am now looking forward to the Johto Tour more than ever!

/needstosleep

Lol spoiler abuse. I only use them because my pictures are so large...

Last edited:
Back