Seen January 13th, 2016
Posted January 16th, 2012
115 posts
10.9 Years
Edit:
*** Version 1.32 ***
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/TypeResistancesEditor-1.32.zip

-----

Many of you probably know of Darthatron's Attack Type Editor which edits how an attack of one type affects a defending type. It's handy, but I was dissapointed that it couldn't edit the values of entries that had previously changed to 1. After learning how the list was stored in the rom, I saw no reason why a program that could handle this couldn't be made, so I made one.

***Attention: Read the readme before asking what the Foresight entry does, for it's explained there.***

Spoiler:
// About
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This program edits the strengths and weaknesses of the types in a generation III Pokémon game. Only English language games are supported at the moment.

// Operation
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
B) Main Buttons
    1) Change Entry - Changes the entry selected to what is chosen by the drop down boxes and radio button.
    2) Insert Entry - Inserts an entry of what is chosen into the list. Deletes the final entry of the list because I don't know if it's possible to expand the length of the list of strengths and weaknesses.
    3) Change to Foresight Entry - Within the list of strengths and weaknesses is a Foresight entry. This entry signifies that any entries below it will be nullified after the move foresight is used in battle. The two standards entries after the Foresight entry are Normal vs Ghost and Fighting vs Ghost. Both are nullified after foresight is used, thus allowing normal and fighting type moves affect ghost types. The list of strengths and weaknesses does not require a Foresight entry, but more than one is superfluous. The program warns the user if the list has more than one Foresight entry and if adding one would bring the total beyond just one. Changes the entry selected into the Foresight entry.
    4) Insert Foresight Entry - Inserts a Foresight entry into the list. Deletes the final entry of the list.
    5) Delete Entry - Deletes the selected entry. Since I don't know if the length of the list can be changed, it then adds a placeholder entry of Normal vs Normal = 1 (Normal) at the end of the list.

c) List Box
    1) The first type listed is the attacking type, the second the defending type. The number after the equals sign is the multiplication value. It is the number which the damage is multiplied by to calculate the total damage. A standard Pokémon game's strength and weakness list only includes the multiplication values of 0 (not effective at all), 0.5 (not very effective), and 2 (super effective). 1 (normal damage) is conveyed by lacking an entry. Multiplication values can be from 0 to 25.5 by 0.1 intervals.
Seen January 13th, 2016
115 posts
10.9 Years
I tried what you said, what with going to the link, only changing the .zip to a .rar, and it said no such location existed. It is yet again blocked by the firewall from hell.
I was been lazy and hadn't loaded .rar versions of the files yet. But, I have them uploaded now, so try again and tell me whether you have success or not.

looks like you beat hackmew to it! lol. anyway great tool for what it does, and I haven't been able to spot a single bug.
I wasn't even aware that hackmew was making a program for this. And of course, if you spot a bug please report it (either by posting in this thread or emailing me).

-----

Also, I'm going to release another version soon, but the only things to be changed/corrected are the French translations (courtesy of Link_971).
Seen January 13th, 2016
115 posts
10.9 Years
Pogeygothaxed has brought to my attention an error regrading the custom number box that was in the 1.30 version, so I've released a 1.31 version to fix it. So download the newest version instead because it's superior in every way! =p

http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/TypeResistanceEditor-1.31.zip
http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/TypeResistanceEditor-1.31.rar

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!

Age 26
Village Hidden in the Leaves
Seen May 27th, 2012
Posted April 5th, 2010
361 posts
13.8 Years
This is interesting, though it doesn't allow you to add a new one without deleting an old one. As someone wanting to add a new type via ???, this tool is currently unhelpful. Can you fix this in a new update, or is this unavoidable?
Ben: Oh, you guys. Stop calling them. You can call me all you want.

Laura: Okay...

Eric: Oh, oh, okay.

Ben: Just don't make it between the times of midnight and 6:00 AM because I am sleeping.

[Andrew laughs]

Ben: And if my speakers go off...

Andrew: [Laughs] No you're not.

Ben: Yeah, well, sometimes I am. Occasionally.

Eric: And people of the world, don't call him on Skype, Sundays between like 3:00 and 8:00 PM because that's when he edits the show.

Andrew: When he does, yeah.

Ben: If you call me...okay...you think a dementor is bad? You think Lord Voldemort is bad? [In deep voice] You haven't felt the wrath of Ben Schoen.
Seen January 13th, 2016
115 posts
10.9 Years
This is interesting, though it doesn't allow you to add a new one without deleting an old one. As someone wanting to add a new type via ???, this tool is currently unhelpful. Can you fix this in a new update, or is this unavoidable?
You can add other types (up to 256 total, including the pre-exisiting ones) if you want, but I don't you'll have to go do the hex yourself.

Adding more entries isn't possible unless you know all of the pointers that must be repointed to the new longer list.
Seen January 13th, 2016
115 posts
10.9 Years
couldn't you just use the "replace all" in your hex editor?
the find box: oldpointer
the replacebox: newpointer
(of course, these need to be in pointer format)
Yes, but no.

First, the pointer I'm looking for could be shifted by a certain number that I don't know, and just because a sequence of bits is the same as the pointer doesn't mean it's a pointer. It could be part of an image or something. I'm too lazy at this point in time to do the method of trial and error.

Darkerm

Darkness is Not always Evil

Age 26
Male
Bangladesh
Seen March 21st, 2019
Posted August 31st, 2015
401 posts
9.8 Years
Hey the download link don't work. Just pop up this text. Not FoundThe requested URL /TypeResistanceEditor-1.32.zip was not found on this server.Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at jc.tech-galaxy.com Port 80
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds the 350px height limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Seen January 13th, 2016
115 posts
10.9 Years
Hey the download link don't work. Just pop up this text. Not FoundThe requested URL /TypeResistanceEditor-1.32.zip was not found on this server.Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at jc.tech-galaxy.com Port 80
It should work now.

Do you know when the 1.32 version will be available?
Eventually. Anywhere between a week and three months.
Male
Seen July 5th, 2013
Posted August 10th, 2012
54 posts
9.2 Years
How does one rename the types the Pokemon are to different names in Firered? The program doesn't allow that feature?
Of Course not, this program focuses on the type behavior rather that the appearance. If you want to change a type's name, you can use a hex editor equipped with Thingy tables, look for the string that identifies the type and change it. You'll also have to change the sprite of the type itself with unLZ or NSE
Advertiser Content