• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Origins: Secrets of Team Rocket

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: This hack puts you in the shoes of a Team Rocket recruit as he travels through Kanto to stop Red's plot to rid the world of Team Rocket.

Finished percentage: I wanna about 1.1% I've done a little text editing and inserted sprites.

Your hacking skills: I can insert Title Screens, basic scripting, spriting and inserting sprites.

What help or skill you're looking for: Need someone who is good with OWs to edit the OW for "Rocket hero" and "Rocket heroine"

Additional contact information: contact me by PM if you are interested.

Additional information: I have already done some walking OW's for the hero (attached below) but I need someone who can do running/cycling/surfing/anything else OWs for hero, as well as all OWs for heroine.

2dgrkh2.jpg

Last edited:
Years
I applied for help earlier, but now I need some more. It's easy help this time though.

Hack name:
Pokemon Chaos Version

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald

Additional information about the hack: It's basically a hack based on a pet-site forum.

Finished percentage: Uh.. somewhere around... maybe 7%

Your hacking skills: Basic all rounder really. I can do basic mapping, basic scripting, basic spriter~

What help or skill you're looking for:
1. Someone who can make a few human and creature overworld sprites ready to put in the game.
2. Someone who can put together a simple tileset that includes stuff like trees, sign posts, rocks/mountains and a simple building.

Additional contact information: I'd prefer an email at [email protected] but PM works too~

Additional information: Credit will be given where credit is due.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2016
HACK NAME: Pokemon Night Libra

HACK OF: Fire Red

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE HACK: The hack is situated at a completely new region named Deltana, where all Pokemon from Gen. 1-3 are catchable. The story will center around the Dark Rayquaza (not shiny; a completely new Pokemon).

FINISHED PERCENTAGE: Storyline 50% Mapping 20%. Interior of houses and buildings not worked on yet, 0% Scripting :P

YOUR MAPPING SKILLS: Mapping (started Advance Map about 2 months ago, pretty familiar with it already), I'm having a hard time understanding scripts, but I'm working on it :P

WHAT HELP OR SKILL YOU'RE LOOKING FOR: Basically everything else. Scripting, Spriting, etc. And although it's not that important, somebody who knows how to insert music.

ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFORMATION: PM me

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I really want to see this hack gain some legs. I'd really like it if you're not working on other hacks. I don't want to hassle you with too much work :P But if you really want to, I'd consider it :D And I'm open to the suggestions of my teammates. If you want a part in the hack, feel free to tell me; I give credit to where it's due.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I need help, and every position is open

HACK NAME: POKEMON INVESTIGATION: QUEST FOR POWER

% Done
MAPS: 10-15%
SCRIPTS: 0%
SPRITES: 5%
OTHER: 0%

Any skill level to help, contact by PM or VM.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Pokemon Silverice help

Hack Name: Pokemon ShadowStone
Hack of: Leafgreen

Additional information about the hack: Multiple Regions

Finished percentage: about 1%

Your hacking skills: Mapper

What help or skill you're looking for: Advanced Scripter, Storyline Artist, Spiriter

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: Please help.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Hack name:
Pokemon Fire Flower Red

Hack of:
Fire Red

Finished percentage:
...too minute to mention sadly, it was started about a week ago

Hacking skills:
I am a decent spriter and I understand programs such as YAPE and A-Map

Help or skill you're looking for:
I am looking for other spriters, but mainly script editors. For spriters who just want to practice, the Pokemon are easy to make and are familiar.

Additional contact information:
AIM: sasblackstar628
email: [email protected]

Additional information:
Obviously, this is a hack of Pokemon using Mario characters. No, you cannot have Mario as a Pokemon, but instead, it has 386 different enemies from the entirety of the Mario franchise catchable. The Pokemon have multiple evolutions, and evolutionary stones play a big role.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
Hack name: Pokemon World Tour

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Has regions of Hoenn, Johto, Kanto, Orange Islands, and possibly Sinnoh

Finished percentage: mapping 85%, scripting 15%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, spriting, general knowledge of most things thanks to tutorials

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting ability

Additional contact information: PM or VM me

Additional information: PM or VM me

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I need help, and every position is open

HACK NAME: POKEMON INVESTIGATION: QUEST FOR POWER

% Done
MAPS: 10-15%
SCRIPTS: 0%
SPRITES: 5%
OTHER: 0%

Any skill level to help, contact by PM or VM.

i still need help, and now you can also go to the team thread TEAM INVESTIGATION. also, scripts have been added, but they are basic, and scripters are the most important people i need right now.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Hack name: Pokemon: The Ice Caves

Hack of: Emerald

Additional information about the hack: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=221031 <- The hack's thread.

Finished percentage: 10-15ish%

Your hacking skills: Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: I need Snow-Themed Team Aqua player sprites made.

Additional contact information: I'll also need you to insert the sprites for me, so PM me and we can exchange emails.

Additional information: The main character in this hack is a member of Team Aqua, but the hack takes place inside ice caves, so I need a new set of sprites of a boy and girl in a snow-themed Team Aqua uniform.

Darkmoonazara

Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2011
I would like you all to ignore my Pokemon Birth by Sleep post, since that will go nowhere.

Hack name: Pokemon Legend of Legends

Hack of:
Pokemon Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Takes place in the Fucazima region, (named after japan's Fukushima). You are a young kid who never cared much for work that requires responsibilty. Your parents get fed up and pretty much kick you out of the house for you to become a trainer and learn responsibility. As the game goes on, you learn that you and your crush/rival (depends on whether you pick boy or girl) have a strong conection to the Organization of Twelve and the legendary pokemon Reshiram and Zekrom (from pokemon black and white.) Will also include other pokemon from Black and White.

Finished percentage: about... 5%

Your hacking skills: I can do the basics, like changing the map's look and can use some of hackmew's tools, to a certain extent.

What help or skill you're looking for: Pretty much everything (edit: We already have a mapper and scripter. Anything alse or people who are able to give advice are appreciated.)

Additional contact information: PM me to recieve a link to the private forum I made to discuss the hack.

Additional information: I'd like to thank my mom for telling me what region she lived in japan for a year.

Last edited:

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Dusk [Working Title]

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

No Storyline yet

Finished Percentage: Virtually none (a few sprites)

Your Hacking Skills: A beginning spriter

What help or skill you're looking for: Need someone to insert some tiles for me.

Contact information: PM me for my e-mail and/or facebook account info.

Last edited:

dirtboy146

Rocket -X-
Years
need help starting a hack

the name is pokemon creation
hack of fire red
i have currently drawn out some of the mapping and have about a 3rd of the main storyline done
its going to be a very detailed hack with a special celebi time travel event, mewtwo strikes back event and a mew event so far. i want it to include kanto johto and sohto( my new region which i have about half the mapping drawn out)
i need people who are good at scripting, in-game mapping,and the intro screen. please message me for more details or goto my facebook im always on there. the link is in my profile on here

SierraTDI

Cody?! where are you???
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Light platinum

Additional information about the hack: its a hack where you are a coordinator fighting in contests with your rival jessilina and you go to two regions kanto and sinnoh you start off in sinnoh then work your way to kanto to be the best coordnatior ever

Hacking Skills: Mapping,title screen editing

Finished percentage: 000.5

What help or skill you're looking for: ow makers inseters tile making world map makers and connectors

Additional contact information: contact me at msn:[email protected] aim:[email protected]

Additional information: if you guys are willing to help its appreciated

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
Hack name: Pokemon: Revenge of the Ice Warriors
Hack of : Fire Red

Additional information about this hack: This hack is going to be taking place in the sinnoh region after an assault from a Dangerous pokemon who intends to freeze all of the pokemon universe. As the hero goes on to find and take down the pokemon. Team rocket steps in, attempting to catch the pokemon in order to harness its power and destroy the earth

while on the way to finding and defeating/capturing the pokemon, the player obviously goes through the sinnoh gyms and such
all the maps will be with a frozen type of design. Snow on the trees and ice everywhere.
Even the lakes trio will be frozen over and walkable overhead
Azelf Uxie and Mesprit will still be available but they all learn *** ****
and moving onwards the game is much more difficult then DPP
and the distortion world will obviously not be added because its too confusing
only the people who will help out with the hack will know exactly who the ice person is going to be (i might make it a fakemon)

Hacking Skills: OK! mapping.. not good but decent, Intermediate scripting. and thats about it

Finished percentage: 0 because i need to insert all the snow tiles to make a single map along with alot of tile insertion for DPP tiles

Looking for help with : OW inserters/Makers, Spriters for pokemon stances in battle, Good mapper possibly. Tile inserter. Music Inserter. Title Screen Inserter. World Map Editor
and PRO scriptor I can handle most scripts but not the more heavily advanced like the prof. Rowan script :P
i also need some one to edit and make the new hero player :P

Further information : FULL credit will be given to those who do their job in their field. If you do mapping for at least half the game, You get 100% Credit
if u do only a quarter of the game u get 50% credit

CONTACT ME: Via Visitors message

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Hack name: Pokemon NE

Hack of: Unnamed Document 1

Information about the hack: I'm creating the game from scratch. The game-play will be completely different from the other games and more similar to the anime. For example: There is no separate battle-screen anymore. Because I don't know if this project is doable I'm making a "tech-demo" first. It only contains Pallet Town, 5 Pokemons and 2 Characters.

Finished percentage: 2% I wrote a thumb-meta-assembler.

Your hacking skills: HEX and ASM!

What help or skill you're looking for: I need a tileset and one or two overworld-sprites.

Contact information: Send me a PM.

Additional information: I only need this tileset for testing. It only needs as much tiles as neccesary for Pallet Town (as in the anime!). However, there are two things which are very important to me.
1. Realistic Proportions: A character shouldn't be half the size of a building
2. No obvious paralleles with the grid. The map should look natural.
Just watch the first episode and you know what I want it to look like. The overworld characters should fit the tiles but don't need (many) animations. The tiles have to be 8x8 pixels.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
I have started a project, it is so far not named, but will be a humorous adventure in a brand new region. This region has very many different environments including 2 big cities, mountains, a volcano, beach, dinosaur time type environment, a desert, a ghost town, forest, jungle, artic, and even space.

it will be a hack of fire red

The game focuses on a weather legendary that created this region.

You start your journey is a big city, you decide that you want to become a trainer and get a pokemon from the local professor after getting the pokemon you see team rocket, you battle them and find out they have kidnapped your mother. You and your alcoholic father decide to go and rescue your mother, but split up. You encounter your father multiple times getting himself in trouble.

Details of the story are still being written by our writer, but what we really need is tilesets, a new overworld sprite, and a few new pokemon. (if interested i will give you detials) :D

I need artist

My hacking skill: i'm a good scripter/mapper :D

percentage: 1, 2 percent (trying not to do too much before i get the tilesets...)

Cinaed666

Geek.
Years
I NEED HELP

:7:
Hack name: Pokémon Gallium

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack:

It's kind of a sequel to Silver/Gold.
I'm planning on having only johto and the league available.
You play as the hero from GSC's younger brother/sister.
The hero oversleeps, and there is only one pokémon left. Eevee.
I chose this one, because I'm planning on having a choice of evolution later in the game. I will probably add Leafeon and Glaceon too.

Finished percentage:
1%, I just started.

Your hacking skills:
I'm a decent mapper, and a beginning scripter. (I'm learning..)

I'm looking for someone who is good with offsets, importing sprites (also editing the titlescreen) and maybe some help on scripting here and there.
I'm also looking for someone who can work with Sappy, import some .s files for me.

Additional contact information:
Just PM me.

Additional information:
Persons helping me out will get credited at some point in the game. (cameos, etc..) and will be thanked in a future thread about this rom.

If all goes well, we might set up a team to work on it together even more.

My youtube channel is kennytheamazing, I have some videos of my work on there. (note: the silver hack with the same name will not be worked on anymore, this will be a remake of what I already had and more.)

6ryan4

"Watch the power of aura!!!"
Years
Hack name: PokeUniversity

Additional information about the hack: The game takes place in a collection of islands. The entire collection is one big college. (Plus a couple islands where legendaries are located.)

Finished percentage: It just started...0.5%?

Your hacking skills: I'm pretty good with mapping and scripting, but really bad at spriting.

1. Someone to edit the intro pixel art to look like these guys:
heroes.png

2. Someone to implement the world map. The image on the left is my custom map and the one on the right shows the basic paths and town locations. Any small edits can be made.
newmap.png

Additional contact information: Email: [email protected]

Additional information: I would do this stuff myself, but apparently you need Photoshop and I don't have that. If somebody needs my ROM to implement the stuff (which you probably do >.>), I'll gladly give it.

thia12

Eternity Mapper
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
Hack name: TBC

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed
badge-firered.png

Additional information about the hack:
Story is basicly just to go on adventure all though it will have som nice features.
  • Pokemon tournament instead of E4
  • A whole new way of "picking" your starter (ill keep this a secret, so no one steals.)
  • 16 gyms
  • New tilesets
  • New events
  • A whole new region to explore
  • Legendaries have their own story (you dont need to obtain them)
  • Train system
    To be continued once i get my scripter so he/her can implent his/her ideas

The new region. | New titlescreen
kbvr0z.png
25kis6c.png

Finished percentage: 0,1

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Spriting, OW inserting, basicly all with art and graphics.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting

Additional contact information: PM me here for my MSN/Skype

Additional information: I am very serious about this hack, and got alot of time on my hands, so looking for a really commited scripter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back