• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White DSi Exclusive Features

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
This is great! Gives me an excuse to use my sister's DSi 24/7 and not have to get a new DS Lite.

What do you think these features may be? Some sort of face recognition? Do you think it'll play a big role in Game-Play? I don't. Do these feature affect you in anyway? Like, "oh great, another way for people to hand money over to Nintendo" or "oh yay! A reason to get a DSi or not feel bad for having one or not detest the things so badly" :P

Let's discuss :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
I don't think there will be any DSi exclusive features for Black and White.
Has any game so far had any DSi exclusive feature? I don't know any...
And even if there is any DSi exclusive feature made, it will be probably be something optional to such an extent that you wouldn't even want to do it.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
DSi user will have maximum member party of seven. just kidding

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
Years
Perhaps a camera regoniztion system of you showing ur cartride, Yet again u just show a picture. I just owned my own idea.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
Oh, I do hope there are at least a few DSi exclusive things! My old DS is bust up beyond use so I can't do Pal Park any more, and my DSi is the only thing I use. I hope there will be compensation for the lack of GBA slot. ;p

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
You mean DSi exclusive features so that Nintendo can squeeze more cash of of their dying clonsole before they release the 3DS? People seem to be forgetting that Nintendo are a company; they make the decisions they do for business and money-making purposes, not to make the game more appealing. Not that I blame them for this.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
Years
I hope not. I've been trying to stick out with my Lite for as long as I can, considering how Nintendo has been releasing a new DS every year now, I'd feel even dumber for buying a DSi or XL or hell, even the 3DS knowing that in a year it'll probably be obsolete. I guess it'd be ok as long as it was just something that made up for the lack of the GBA slot.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Does this mean DS lite users won't be able to play BW? Or is it just some features might not work? If they make it only for DSI users I will bomb GameFreak!

Myles

Seriously?
Years
You mean DSi exclusive features so that Nintendo can squeeze more cash of of their dying clonsole before they release the 3DS? People seem to be forgetting that Nintendo are a company; they make the decisions they do for business and money-making purposes, not to make the game more appealing. Not that I blame them for this.

Making the game more appealing makes it sell better. ::)

Besides, the DSi isn't dying just because the 3DS is coming out. Just look at how much longer the GBA went for.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
Nobody ever said that the 3DS would be unable to handle DSi's features. Heck, the 3DS supposedly will have an SD card slot. And quite possibly an 802.11g antenna supporting WPA2.

I know, in fact as you say the 3DS is almost certain to hold DSi features. My point is that if the company say that the game has DSi-only features, people with older models are goin to want to buy the new console, hence boosting sales before the 3DS is released.

EDIT @ Myles: Okay, maybe 'dying' was the wrong word to use. A console that is being phased out, then. But you see where I am coming from, surely?

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 22, 2014
i m guessing the better question is if there are any exlusive features for the 3DS, but i dont think theres gonna be anything significant for the DSi, maybe only some camera utilising features,as the DSi got released last year almost in early 2009 in japan and HGSS got released in september, and they had no exclusive features for the DSi although many were heavily expecting it.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I don't think there will be any DSi exclusive features for Black and White.
Has any game so far had any DSi exclusive feature? I don't know any...
And even if there is any DSi exclusive feature made, it will be probably be something optional to such an extent that you wouldn't even want to do it.

There will be enhanced graphics and possibly other features exclusively for the DSi:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Like already mentioned, Nintendo is a company and like all they want to make money. They are gonna get all the money out of the DSi before teh 3DS comes out. This gives me a reason to buy a DSi because my DS Lite's hinge has a crack in it..and I've had it for almost 4 years so I think it's about time to get a new system.

I wouldn't be surprised if the games have features present for only the DSi AND maybe in the 3rd installment it's limited to DSi/3DS.

i m guessing the better question is if there are any exlusive features for the 3DS, but i dont think theres gonna be anything significant for the DSi, maybe only some camera utilising features,as the DSi got released last year almost in early 2009 in japan and HGSS got released in september, and they had no exclusive features for the DSi although many were heavily expecting it.

You know I am sort of lost to why they reveal a new pokemon gen, and a new DS console but decide to keep the new gen on the DS. Yes it would make since to do that so fans wouldn't have to buy yet another expensive system, but at the same time I wonder how they 3DS is gonna sale if pokemon isn't on it..it may have a few other big platforms coming to it (maybe a mario?) and who knows maybe the 3rd installment of b&w will be on the 3DS. Right now I see it as something that is slowly moving in like when the DS first came out (2004 right?) yet it didn't start to pick up in sales really till around '06. I hope that doesn't happen with the 3DS though.

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
There will be enhanced graphics and possibly other features exclusively for the DSi:
Spoiler:

It Doesent say their will be enhanced graphics, nor does it mention any features that will be dsi exclusive. and by the way enhanced graphics is stupid, the ds, ds lite & dsi have the same graphical capabilitys! People who say things like that when its not true make me so frustrated!

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
Nobody ever said that the 3DS would be unable to handle DSi's features. Heck, the 3DS supposedly will have an SD card slot. And quite possibly an 802.11g antenna supporting WPA2.
It better make toast and calculate algorithms too!

I'll be okay with whatever they do on the DSi, as long as it isn't something amazing and DSi exclusive. Making up for Pal Park? Fine by me. I just can't afford a DSi, and if and when my current DS Lite dies, I plan on just buying another DS Lite.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
It Doesent say their will be enhanced graphics, nor does it mention any features that will be dsi exclusive. and by the way enhanced graphics is stupid, the ds, ds lite & dsi have the same graphical capabilitys! People who say things like that when its not true make me so frustrated!

Before you would have gone all psycho...perhaps I should have rephrased what I meant. It's a speculation that there will be enhanced features for the DSi...Yes it didn't say there would but
Larger versions of Black and White's box art have been released, revealing that both games will have enhanced features for the Nintendo DSi (click the thumbnail below for a larger image). If you look at the bottom right of each box, you will see their game code. The first part of the code - "TWL" - is Nintendo's way of denoting that the games are enhanced for the DSi. Most DS games are labeled "NTR," meaning there is no difference in their features when playing them on the first DS, the DS Lite, or the DSi. So, what will these enhanced features be? Well, we don't know yet obviously!
http://pokebeach.com/

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
come on watch them eliminate the pal park too while their at it, ill have to borrow my friend's or something.

Back