• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Yet another map viewer

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Is there anyone who wants to help me writing this program? (I am very fast already but together we're even faster). Please send me a PM if you know how to write C-Code or if are a DPPt-Hex-Hacker.

Textures work now 100%.

Last edited:

m64m

NSMB Hacking Expert
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2011
I'd love to help, but I'm not learning C until September (starting college). :/

Screenshot looks very delicious. =D

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
lol, you don't need college to learn C silly :P
there's like a gajillion tutorials online about it XD
or you could do what i did:
read like there's no tomorrow.
I picked up a C++ for dummies.
Then somebody helped me out with a more C style, and understanding more of what is actually going on behind the scenes in C++ (wow, i was amazed at the abuse I applied to std::string type). Next the same guy taught me the basic in's and out's of win32 API. But, then i decided to myself 'hm...linux is a wonderful thing, i mean think about how much it shares' and i also saw that thread 'how to hack on linux' and 'how to hack on mac' so...i decided i would learn the GTK+ api. I found everything i needed online, and in a few books, just now going to high school. don't let the world set your limits, make your own. in that case, you'll be much happier ^_^

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Ok! I will be trying this new viewer. Are we able to edit the actual models or is still just a viewer?

m64m

NSMB Hacking Expert
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2011
@ FullMetal - I guess I could do that XD Thanks for the advice.

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Textures on maps work too now. (The big things in the screenshot are doors)

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggy (1 fps)

EDIT: "mr. ck" wanted me to finish the model-exporter so I did that immediately. I attached a zip with all buildings as obj-files. (Use blender to open)

EDIT2: Uploaded textures too

Last edited:

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
Wow... Thanks a lot...

You're awesome... How do you want to be credited, I'm planning to make my project public once some work has been done (a few months) :)

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Wow... Thanks a lot...

You're awesome... How do you want to be credited, I'm planning to make my project public once some work has been done (a few months) :)

No Problem.

Mention the URL of the project (google-code-page) and this forum/thread.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
The models that you gave me, and the program you've been working on is way too good...

I finally compiled it on Linux, and it works wonderfully... It's made more progress than the other editors I've seen yet...

I was trying to get it to compile in almost every compiler I could get hold of for windows, it just didn't work :P

m64m

NSMB Hacking Expert
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2011
=D it's looking better and better!!

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
What are you using for the windowing system? SDL? SFML? GLUT?
Its pretty dang obvious you are using OpenGL: Ubuntu == Linux != Direct3D

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
I don't want to continue developing this tool! It's boring, the code is messy, and the outcome is too low for the effort I put into it.

However I have a new plan and a few good ideas and I'll share them with you when I have a solid concept. It's a kind of game-independent, re-programmable uber-hex-editor. Of course it will be able to edit maps too (when I finish it).

If anyone wants too continue the development of "poke-tools" contact me for writing-rights on the SVN-server.
Also: Good luck "smurph" and "Alpha" and thank you for your help.

David

Last edited:

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why would you stop developing it it has made so much progress so close to actually create a edition tool and like the other they die man is there any1 that can help us

m64m

NSMB Hacking Expert
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2011
recap (to make sure I understand): you want to quit Poke-Tools to create a SuperSpecialAwesomeChocolatelyFudgeCoatedMegaSupa Tool that will be able to edit maps (the main purpose of Poke-Tools), but will also do many other things?

m64m

NSMB Hacking Expert
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2011
=D okay. Is there a site/thread we can visit to see the progress of the new tool?

Years
I'm watching for this tool from the begining,and feel very mournful about stopping.

Well,since you've decided to stop it,good luck with your next project.

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Until I have a plan for the new tool I'll bugfix and "finish" the old one. Today my motivation was very high and I improved the BMD-Writer.

My progress: (0%=Map-viewer 100%=Map-editor)
18:02 2.7%
19:23 3.3%
19:23 3.4%
18:24 3.6%
19:37 4.0%
19:49 4.2%
19:55 4.3%
20:03 4.4%
20:05 4.4%
20:14 4.5%
20:18 4.5%
20:22 4.6%