• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
How can i check Pokemon species in battle? Like lugia
The species is checked when it's looking to see how much damage a move does, if that damage is affected by a species-specific combo (e.g. Cubone and Thick Club). Have a quick look for that, and see how it works.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
hello. I want help. Can anyone give me instructions on how to upgrade from an old version of pokemon essentials to a new one? I would be very appreciated...

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Hey, is there anyway to use "menu_index" for horizontal menu's? I'm trying to make a PokeGear in which the buttons go from right to left instead of up to down. I could also do it by making my own variable, but I was wondering if "menu_index" could also be used for horizontal menu's...

Coming back to this, as I tried to use a normal variable... But that didn't work :\

I was wondering if someone could help me make a horizontal pokegear. I've made the following code, that should work, but it doesn't :\ :
Spoiler:

It does however work if I replace the [S-HIGHLIGHT]@sprites["command_window"].index[/S-HIGHLIGHT], by [S-HIGHLIGHT]@menu_variable[/S-HIGHLIGHT]... but then the buttons move very quickly...

So, going back to my previous question, is there anyway to use menu_index for a horizontal menu? As that is what I am trying to achieve at the moment...

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2010
hello recently started using the PSK and wanted to use some scripts that used earlier in some RPG Maker games like Neo Mode 7, but it throws the error following

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: ArgumentError

Scene_Map:27:in `initialize'

Scene_Map:27:in `new'

Scene_Map:27:in `createSpritesets'

Scene_Map:26:in `each'

Scene_Map:26:in `createSpritesets'

Scene_Map:58:in `main'

Main:38:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main: 16:in `mainFunction'

Main: 16:in `pbCriticalCode'

I hope I help
thanks

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
hello recently started using the PSK and wanted to use some scripts that used earlier in some RPG Maker games like Neo Mode 7, but it throws the error following

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: ArgumentError

Scene_Map:27:in `initialize'

Scene_Map:27:in `new'

Scene_Map:27:in `createSpritesets'

Scene_Map:26:in `each'

Scene_Map:26:in `createSpritesets'

Scene_Map:58:in `main'

Main:38:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main: 16:in `pbCriticalCode'

I hope I help
thanks

If you want neo mode 7 in PE, you need to have very good coding skills before you do that. The starter kit was edited alot, the people you see around with it have been editing it for a while. Colossal Pokemon manage to finish and edit it to fit his needs.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Hi!

Someone knows since I can do a trainer who has pokemon with certain trait (for example, Heracross always with Guts) and distribution of Effort Values(EVs)?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Maruno do u noe how to change the font size i kinda need help
All I know is how to change the screen size and resolution. I've mentioned this recently, in one of those newbie threads that was asking this. The resolution changes how big the text and maps appear.

Hi!

Someone knows since I can do a trainer who has pokemon with certain trait (for example, Heracross always with Guts) and distribution of Effort Values(EVs)?
The wiki has a page about trainers and their Pokémon.

The only things you can set about a trainer's Pokémon are:

• Species
  • Level
  • Moveset
  • IVs (one number for all of them)
  • Shininess
  • Shadow-ness
You could modify the scripts to also allow you to set the Pokémon's gender/nature/ability/nickname/Poké Ball/etc., but that's very complicated. If you can't, just be happy with what you've got. If you have to ask how, you can't.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Ok so I got the Pokemon Stuff added in, now how do I add its Battle Pic??

Front and back...
Not the hardest thing in the world to add in pokemon, just name the battle graphics in the battler folder XXX.png and XXXb.png changing the XXX to the number your added pokemon are in the 'dex.

Tranitar

Working on Pokémon Wraith
Years
Ok, Ive got the Front sprite of, Dun Dun Dun! Zorua!!!!!!
and both for Zoroark, but now I need a Zorua Backsprite thats not to small... but ok sized but back onto what I was saying
I'm trying to add this battleback (Below)
k50c34.jpg

But when I try and test it, it shows this (Below)
2vtr602.jpg

How do I fix it?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Ok, Ive got the Front sprite of, Dun Dun Dun! Zorua!!!!!!
and both for Zoroark, but now I need a Zorua Backsprite thats not to small... but ok sized but back onto what I was saying
I'm trying to add this battleback (Below)

But when I try and test it, it shows this (Below)

How do I fix it?
Did you try naming the image battlebg0.png? Also, this isn't the thread for resource requests.

Tranitar

Years
Like just battleBG0 or battleBG008 or something like that? I'll try 0,
Technically I wasnt requesting but Technically I was... so I dont know...
EDIT: It didnt work... Ugh... I wanna change this so bad...
EDIT2: Ok, I just created a new Gym Leader, and Imported the image that might not work... I dont know yet because this keeps popping up (Below)
2qnxjwo.jpg

Did I do something wrong with the Gym Leaders thing?
j6lc8h.jpg

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
All I know is how to change the screen size and resolution. I've mentioned this recently, in one of those newbie threads that was asking this. The resolution changes how big the text and maps appear.

Well can you help me on the resize screen>.>
every time i do it my auto tile keeps dissapearing.....
plus i want to delete the change screen size function.(i noe how to delete the change screen size)

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Like just battleBG0 or battleBG008 or something like that? I'll try 0,
Technically I wasnt requesting but Technically I was... so I dont know...
EDIT: It didnt work... Ugh... I wanna change this so bad...
EDIT2: Ok, I just created a new Gym Leader, and Imported the image that might not work... I dont know yet because this keeps popping up (Below)

Did I do something wrong with the Gym Leaders thing?
The notes give more information on battle backgrounds here. For the Gym Leader problem, I'm not sure but try making sure that the name in the trainer event is the exact same as in the txt file, I think that's what gave me that error before.

Tranitar

Years
Ok I dont understand a thing u said about backrounds kitsune but ill just do that later... but right now I got the gym Leader ALMOST fully working theres 2 problems (PIC)
23lz90w.jpg

1. It says his name Twice instead of DarkLeader Kellan.
2. I think his sprite is too small and I can't find another one...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 9, 2010
Sorry for the n00b question, but I have read through the notes and 100+pages in this thread but I'm wondering what script controls the sprite graphic and the battle back graphic. I am trying to implement a system where later on the player will gain new outfits. Normally this would be done through a simple "Change Actor Graphic" command but as I understand that has been taken out of use in Pokemon Essentials. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back