• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
Thank you, it worked.

Thank you Darthatron,the error message doesn't come up anymore. I realise why I failed now:embarrass

The only problem I have now is on the map connections for the map it has 1, and -8 (which was originally -1) and everytime I try to delete it, the number will change to -1 of what it was, (so -8 will go to -9, and -9 would go to -10 etc)

mapconnectionproblemama.png

mapconnectionproblem.png

and all them tiles appear and if I try to walk into the next map I just get stuck and can't move

The only thing I can think of is you didn't click the add button, otherwise I have no idea

Thanks, I added map connections until the -8 was gone to zero and everything seems fine in the map connections window now, but the tiles are still appearing like they were :(

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it, I just inserted a new map, and when Advancemap inserts a new map is uses the one you were already one, then I just changed the map connections and voila, everythings fine again. Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated ^^

Last edited:

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Thanks, I added map connections until the -8 was gone to zero and everything seems fine in the map connections window now, but the tiles are still appearing like they were :(

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it, I just inserted a new map, and when Advancemap inserts a new map is uses the one you were already one, then I just changed the map connections and voila, everythings fine again. Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated ^^

No Problem, just glad I could help.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
I tried adding another map connection to the new map, but below rather than above this time and more glitchy tiles appear but this time they were mainly water ones, but I removed the map connection and everything was fine again.

I did though get two more problems after I did that:
accessviolation.png

accessviolation2.png

but they seemed to have stopped now :)

Shadow Dawn

A New Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
Hi everybody. I have a rather simple question (I think). I'm trying to create an original Team Rocket hack. Basically, I want to know how I can change the player sprite.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I'm looking for a debugger for ASM hacking. VBA-SDL-H doesn't work on my computer. It starts to load the ROM, but then it just crashes... I'm using Windows XP, too. Are there any other debuggers people use, or does anyone know why it might not be working for me? Thanks

EDIT: After much toiling and pulling of hair, I have managed to get it to work :)

Last edited:

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
Years
Shadow Dawn:

To change a battle sprite use unLz gba, and if you want to change the overworld sprite (the little character you move) use the Overworld Sprite Editor.

On to my question,
When you move downward (walking) is the sprite's head supposed to go up and down?

Years
Hey guys I have some problems on using Cyclone, everytime I open it it show me this error:
449391Sans_titre.png

I'm working on Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
I tried adding another map connection to the new map, but below rather than above this time and more glitchy tiles appear but this time they were mainly water ones, but I removed the map connection and everything was fine again.

I did though get two more problems after I did that:
accessviolation.png

accessviolation2.png

but they seemed to have stopped now :)

So is it working now, or post a screenie of what the issue is and also the map in A-Map showing the whole program.

Shadow Dawn

A New Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2010
Shadow Dawn:

To change a battle sprite use unLz gba, and if you want to change the overworld sprite (the little character you move) use the Overworld Sprite Editor.
Thanks, but the Overworld Sprite Editor simply edits the sprite. I need to change the Player Sprite so it's the character you play as throughout the game.

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Excuse me. Beginners guide to me.

I'm having trouble making tilemap. (Ruby Version)

h ttp://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4435/45sdf5ad.png >> Sorry I do not have to post 15 messeges.

I can edit part should meet.

Thanks in advance.

yukitor

~*~*awesome*~*~
Years
COMDLG32.OCX is apparently missing on my computer. It's a Windows 7 64 bit laptop, and most Pokemon editing tools require it.. are there any tools that don't require it at all?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Thanks, but the Overworld Sprite Editor simply edits the sprite. I need to change the Player Sprite so it's the character you play as throughout the game.

May I ask what you are asking? The overworld sprite editor edits the sprites, even the player OW. I'm confused as to what you want.

Excuse me. Beginners guide to me.

I'm having trouble making tilemap. (Ruby Version)

h ttp://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4435/45sdf5ad.png >> Sorry I do not have to post 15 messeges.

I can edit part should meet.

Thanks in advance.

There are tutorials for that. Go look around in the Tutorials section.

COMDLG32.OCX is apparently missing on my computer. It's a Windows 7 64 bit laptop, and most Pokemon editing tools require it.. are there any tools that don't require it at all?

Search for a download on Google (google "comdlg32.ocx" and some links will probably appear) and put it in the folder with the tools that require it.

On to my question,
When you move downward (walking) is the sprite's head supposed to go up and down?

Yes.

I'm wondering how to make a script delete itself (aka you cannot activate it more than once)

Checkflags; you can find out about them in tutorials. A script cannot "delete" itself, per sé, but it can see if it already activated and not activate again.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Checkflags; you can find out about them in tutorials. A script cannot "delete" itself, per sé, but it can see if it already activated and not activate again.

I hate to burst your bubble Jake but that method is a little outdated. I don't blame you, though, since all the tutorials teach it. Then again, is it really outdated if hardly anyone knows the better way of doing it?

Anyways, a better way to do it is similar to the method used in level scripts. Don't use any compares or checkflags (unless the script is supposed to run more than once) but at the end, set a flag or increase the value of a variable. Then put that variable in the "Var Number" box for that script in AdvanceMap. The script will only run if the value contained in the variable/flag in the "Var Number" box is exactly equal to the value in the "Var Value" box. That way, the script runs the first time but at the end of the script, the variable is increased so that it won't run again. Yes, using 4050 for every single script will work fine for the most part but that means that every time the player steps on a tile with a script event, it will run that script. Even if it only performs a checkflag and then terminates, it still creates a little blip and it's also responsible for the glitch which causes the box with the current map's name on it to suddenly disappear if the script is too close to the edge of a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back