• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bleu's Showcase Thread (Fakemon, Types, Items, etc.)

Years
Greetings. I joined this forum a few months ago, and have gotten into some great discussions on these boards that have sparked tons of ideas in me, whether they be new evolutions of existing pokémon, new pokémon (fakemon), new types, or even new items. This is a work-in-progress thread that will showcase all of the stuff I have come up with in conversation. I put it in the art thread for lack of a better place, but it is really more of a conceptual thread, meant to be read as well as looked at.

Please note that anything in this thread is subject to change, and I am looking for input from all of you to add to my ideas.

Last updates:
Sprites added for Tanichi, courtesy of tnguye3!
New Graphics for Alfa and Ohmega
Major Overhaul of Alfa/Ohmega section
New Graphics for Tanichi
Major Overhaul of Tanichi's section

-----====Θ Fakemon Θ====-----

Inarisu (evolution of Pachirisu)
Spoiler:

Alfa (♂) and Ohmega (♀) (Legendary Unown)
Spoiler:
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]Tanichi
(Pokémon that changes form based on the DS's internal calendar)
Spoiler:
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
Pirsor (evolution of Pinsir)
Spoiler:

Crystix (Evolution of Onix)
Spoiler:

-----====Θ New Types Θ====-----

Light Type - せいタイプ
Spoiler:

Glass Type - ガラスタイプ
Spoiler:

========= Glass-type Pokemon: =========
Spoiler:

-----====Θ New Items Θ====-----

Stabilizer
Held Item
Effect: Causes a pokémon to retain whatever form it has at the end of its first battle as long as it is holding the Stabilizer. When the Stabilizer is removed, it will either revert to its original form or change to whichever form is appropriate.
Works With: Ditto (transform), Porygon (conversion/2), Mew (transform), Smeargle (transform/conversion/2), Castform (forecast ability), Kecleon (color change ability), Tanichi/Daycoon (specialize ability)*
*See Tanichi/Daycoon in the 'Fakemon' section

Crystal Coat
Stat-Enhancing Item / Evolution-Inducing Held Item
Effect: Raises the Sp.Def of the holder by 20%
Secondary Effect:
Causes Pinsir to evole into Pirsor when traded*
Causes Onix to evolve into Crystix when traded*
*see Glass type in the 'New Types' section

Last edited:

KejiBebi

aishiteru
Years
Wow those are really good. :3
The Pachirisu evolution and racoon-like pokemon are both so cute.
Glass type would be awesome as well as Light type, I think.
I never would have come up with the Glass type, although I will say it sounds painful. x3

Dylan1

ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!
Years
i like all of it but i'm having a hard time thinking of glass as a good type. It seems to brittle to me. i think crystal would be better

Years
i like all of it but i'm having a hard time thinking of glass as a good type. It seems to brittle to me. i think crystal would be better

Well, it's supposed to be brittle... physically. It is a special defense type. But honestly, glass is really strong. We just use it in really thin sheets, so it seems brittle. But it is an electric and a thermal insulator, a windbreaker, and is impervious to everything except things harder than it.

Alfa and Ohmega came out really well.

Thanks! ^__^ I thought that going with the triangle motif worked out really well. Ohmega was tough. I pretty much got Alfa right on the first try, with a small bit of modification, but that is the fourth revision of Ohmega.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Good job on this thread. I'm really beginning to like the idea of the Glass-(Crystal-? Diamond-?) type, and I think you explained a lot of the more obscure type matchups very convincingly.

Are you designing more Pokemon/taking ideas for new designs? Or even allowing others to contribute their designs? Only reason I ask is because you've piqued my creativity; I haven't drawn Fakemon in a while but I can feel the itch.

Lastly, I may have to check through my old posts to confirm this but I'm fairly sure I was the one who said that if Pokemon were true to life, Fire and Rock would beat everything. So... You're welcome!

EDIT: Found the link to the Fire/Rock statement, haha...

Last edited:
Years
Good job on this thread. I'm really beginning to like the idea of the Glass-(Crystal-? Diamond-?) type, and I think you explained a lot of the more obscure type matchups very convincingly.

Are you designing more Pokemon/taking ideas for new designs? Or even allowing others to contribute their designs? Only reason I ask is because you've piqued my creativity; I haven't drawn Fakemon in a while but I can feel the itch.

Lastly, I may have to check through my old posts to confirm this but I'm fairly sure I was the one who said that if Pokemon were true to life, Fire and Rock would beat everything. So... You're welcome!

EDIT: Found the link to the Fire/Rock statement, haha...

I will definitely take ideas for new designs! I had never even thought about that. I already have a finalized design for Pirsor (Pinsir's Bug/Glass evo), but it only exists in sketch form right now. Real life kind of got in the way. Crystix (Onix's Glass/Ground evo) is giving me a bit of trouble. I can't make the head look good. I haven't done any Light type sketches yet. Anyway... all that to say: if you want to make some designs, go right ahead! Perhaps we can put our heads together and make a combined thread.

So you WERE the person who made the Fire and Rock statement. That was a brilliant point to bring up. And so true. Of the starting 3, it's easily the most powerful. Rock is just kind of... forgotten. How many people wax eloquent about the Rock type?

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
I will definitely take ideas for new designs! I had never even thought about that. I already have a finalized design for Pirsor (Pinsir's Bug/Glass evo), but it only exists in sketch form right now. Real life kind of got in the way. Crystix (Onix's Glass/Ground evo) is giving me a bit of trouble. I can't make the head look good. I haven't done any Light type sketches yet. Anyway... all that to say: if you want to make some designs, go right ahead! Perhaps we can put our heads together and make a combined thread.

So you WERE the person who made the Fire and Rock statement. That was a brilliant point to bring up. And so true. Of the starting 3, it's easily the most powerful. Rock is just kind of... forgotten. How many people wax eloquent about the Rock type?

I've got a few ideas for Fakemon rattling around in my head, and I'm sure I could adapt a few of them to look a bit more Glass-type-like. Bear in mind I'm far from the world's best artist and wouldn't even know where to start making them into fully-fledged sprites or colour pictures like your Pachirisu evolution, but I can scan some sketches in and see where it goes from there.

And yeah, Rock-type is very much ignored in favour of Steel- and Ground-types in my experience. The only time you really hear people talking about the Rock-type is when they complain that it's always the type of the first Gym! It's a shame, because there are some awesome Rock-type designs, like Aggron, Rhydon/-perior, Armaldo, Tyranitar and the rest... Sadly though these all have secondary types that seem more dominant somehow, potentially because of the crippling inaccuracy of nearly all Rock-type moves.

Fire and Rock would definitely win in real-physics matchups though!

ase

learning How to Hack
Years
impressive you've obviously spent a lot of time making this hopefully a GF rep. will see this and implement into a game :D

beca

◔_____◔
Years
Omg. Inarisu is so much better than Pachirisu :cer_eek: love it.
I'm a massive fan of adding shading to my art, and yours just looks perfect. Honestly, this should become a real Pokemon xD

Alpha and Ohmega...woah. Again, fantastic shading, but the designs are even better. It amazes me how in proportion they are too :P
I'd love to see these in colour =]

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
i really like all ur ideas, especially the alpha and ohmega pokes, since all the games come out in twos i can see GF putting (say for example alpha in heart gold and Ohmega in Soul silver) so if someone wants to breed them they will have to trade them. i also think that alpha should be ggold and ohmega should be silver, and i see them as being light type since u said they were supossed to be gold colored (a color i think of when u say holy)

the only thing i am not that big a fan of is the racoon type changer.i feel we have alot of type changers and color changers already. but my biggest problem is that i feel just about all the type changers that have been released have a back story or a reason for the fact that they change, like how keckleon is a chemelon which actually change color. i feel u may want a reason why a racoon, which would normally never be asociated with color changes or the japenese week would change color, it just doesent feel right to me. but i could see the racoon as the new bidoof, linone, furett of the game.

i agree glass type should be called crystal type, glass just doesent sound right to me.

I also love the item "stabilizer" that keeps the form of a form changing pokemon, it really sounds useful and i could see creative people putting it to good use. i could also see it being a one time use item so ur pokemon will stay that form and u could still give it hold items, i also could see a item called "destabilzer" which does the opposite. i would make "stabilizer" really expensive and "destabilizer" really cheap.

all in all i love everything u have done pretty much and i hope to see more from u in the future

Last edited:
Years
I've never really liked the idea of a light type(remember the reeeeeeeeeally old cards of pokemon that had "light" or"dark" in front of their names? Kinda threw off the presence of the "dark" type.)but a Glass type would be so awesome! ive made about 50+ fakemon but its mostly only pictures, im not really sure what their stats should be, and my only prob(now)with my personal favorite, Crymestal(shortened from Crymetastyl), is the fact that i made it Ice/Steel type with only one super- supereffective(4x damage), the fire type. if i ever suggested something like this to the pokemon company(which, btw, u should TOTALLY do), it'd probably end up glass/steel or ice/glass type :p and if they did introduce a glass type, itd be kind of depressing to see froslass become an ice/glass type(um, the name is 'frost' and 'glass' if i may state the supremely obvious) :'(

Back